Sony Bravia With Bonus Ps3

Thought I'd start a new thread so people can post the best prices of the new Sony Bravia they have seen advertised or purchased during the bonus ps3 promotion period.

Bing Lee has advertising for the Sony bonus PS3 promotion in todays Sun Herald (sydney)

132cm 'X' Series (1080p 100Hz) $4999 (hot price)

116cm 'X' Series (1080p 100Hz) $3499 (Save $600)

101cm 'XBR' Series (1080p 100Hz) $3399 (Save $300)

101cm 'W' series (1080p) $2299 (Save $400) (RRP $2699)

81cm 'V' Series (1080p) $1999 (pre-order today! in-store 8 July!) (RRP $2099)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd start a new thread so people can post the best prices of the new Sony Bravia they have seen advertised or purchased during the bonus ps3 promotion period.

Bing Lee has advertising for the Sony bonus PS3 promotion in todays Sun Herald (sydney)

132cm 'X' Series (1080p 100Hz) $4999 (hot price)

116cm 'X' Series (1080p 100Hz) $3499 (Save $600)

101cm 'XBR' Series (1080p 100Hz) $3399 (Save $300)

101cm 'W' series (1080p) $2299 (Save $400) (RRP $2699)

81cm 'V' Series (1080p) $1999 (pre-order today! in-store 8 July!) (RRP $2099)

i dont know where they get the savings from...the ticket prices at other places has been the same as their advertised price for a while....

must be when Mr Lee senior passes away, there goes the bargains...RIP

omg you people are getting ripped off big time. You can at least save another 500 bucks. I bought my X series 46" for 2550 before cashback plus 5 years warrrantly for $129.

Rule number 1 Haggle much as you can and then go to another store and tell them the best price you got from the first store and tell them to beat it.

Rule number 2 Get the best price from the seconds store and go back to the first one and say i didnt like their service but i liked thier offer. But if you dont beat their offer im going back. and surely he will beat it and there you will get your best price possible.

btw my two stores harvey norman and wow sight and sound Brisbane.

Edited by srikarr12

omg you people are getting ripped off big time. You can at least save another 500 bucks. I bought my X series 46" for 2550 before cashback plus 5 years warrrantly for $129.

hi srikarr12

you did a great bargain.. would you share your receipt ? i am sure it will help me a lot , bilo128@yahoo.com

Just picked up a 40W3100 for $1997 from JB Hi Fi Newcastle. I know it's about to get replaced by the new ones, but I'm really happy with that price + the PS3. Plus I was told that the newer ones wouldnt be in stock until Mid-Late July, so I couldn't resist. It was the ticketed price on the display model at The Good Guys, so I went to JB and asked if they would match it, and they did no problems. They didn't have any in stock, so it is coming direct from Sony and should have my hands on it by the end of the week :)

Rule number 1 Haggle much as you can and then go to another store and tell them the best price you got from the first store and tell them to beat it.

Rule number 2 Get the best price from the seconds store and go back to the first one and say i didnt like their service but i liked thier offer. But if you dont beat their offer im going back. and surely he will beat it and there you will get your best price possible.

I call bullshit.

Just picked up a 40W3100 for $1997 from JB Hi Fi Newcastle. I know it's about to get replaced by the new ones, but I'm really happy with that price + the PS3. Plus I was told that the newer ones wouldnt be in stock until Mid-Late July, so I couldn't resist. It was the ticketed price on the display model at The Good Guys, so I went to JB and asked if they would match it, and they did no problems. They didn't have any in stock, so it is coming direct from Sony and should have my hands on it by the end of the week :)

Hey mate would really love a copy of the receipt if you could scan one or somthing

my email is: frog_a_lot @ hotmail.com

Thanx heaps

Guest toranaBob

I am looking at getting 46x in the next week or so. Could someone please share their receipt or email me a copy?

rogue_jaxon@hotmail.com

Cheers

srikarr12,

I am planning to buy a sony X series 46". Could you please send me the receipt to ss_kumar1@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Im sorry guys but i dont have the final discount receipt as i have sent it away for the cashback offer. But i do have the receipt i started off with from jbhifi at $2800.

btw i got to such a low price because i also packaged my home theatre system with it.(also cables and wiring etc.)

this is link for the $2800 i started off with from jbhifi. I truly didnt think you guys would be jumping all over me for the receipt. I just wanted to share my haggling tips.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/s...ceiptsmlzv9.jpg

Edited by srikarr12

Im sorry guys but i dont have the final discount receipt as i have sent it away for the cashback offer. But i do have the receipt i started off with from jbhifi at $2800.

No offence srikarr, but whenever anyone posts to these forums with such a ridiculously low price it always smells a bit. There have been several posts where someone comes on bragging about a brilliant price, and then can't back it up with a receipt.

If you did get it for that price then a full bag of kudos to you. Fantastic work. You don't have to prove anything, as you already have the bargain.

As you said it is absolutely imperative to haggle away. I always try to go with the mindset of "I don't have to buy this item right now". Be prepared to walk away and try someone else if you aren't completely happy with the price. Odds are that someone will beat it at another store and you could save yourself some hard earned.

Also bundling stuff with it is the way to go. The salesperson can make a smaller margin on several items, and sometimes they can give you a great price on one thing, and then rob you blind on another! I guess that's why you should always have an idea what you should be paying.

I'm going to buy my KDL46x3100 tomorrow (actually I'm buying two at the same time - one for the old man) so hopefully I can get a good deal. I'm not sure that I can get a $2550 deal, but if I walk away with a 5yr warranty for less than $3k I will be happy and ultimately that is all that matters.

If I do well then I'll post my receipt. If I do badly then I might just keep it to myself.... :P

btw i got to such a low price because i also packaged my home theatre system with it.(also cables and wiring etc.)

this is link for the $2800 i started off with from jbhifi. I truly didnt think you guys would be jumping all over me for the receipt. I just wanted to share my haggling tips.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/s...ceiptsmlzv9.jpg

You would have to be retarded to send off your only copy of the reciept without keeping a copy - especially for warranty purposes.

Lies.

All,

Picked up a KDL46X3100 for $2821 from Clive Peetres in Morayfield up here in Queensland. In view of what I,ve read in this forum I didn't think it was a bad get. Spent $3100 in total which was the TV & 5year extended warranty...

Watched QLD win the origin tonight on it.

Happy Days!