Ezyhd Hdmi Cables

Can someone advise what the difference would be between the 1.5m HDMI cable from EZYHD which I think works out for me at about $28 delivered to VIC and what seems to be a similar cable off Ebay at $5.95 delivered?
In practice, probably not a lot. All that would deter me is that IMO its generally not a good idea to buy the cheapest of anything. Subtract postage and handling and other fees from that $6 and you're talking about a very cheap cable. That said, for $6 its not much of a 'risk' - most people probably wouldn't even bother trying to return it at that price if it was faulty. The nature of HD over short distances is that every cable will give an identical output - so if the cable works when you plug it in then you're set. FWIW I'd be extremely wary of lengths 5+ from any supplier at only $15 or so.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchased a 5 to 1 HDMI switcher and an HDMI cable a little while ago. Arrived the next day, the cable looks super sexy and the switcher has a cool unmarketed positive (auto-switches to a particular input when a signal is received then switches back when signal drops) to offset the very slight negative (the blue LED is SUPER bright, but nothing that a bit of blu tack couldn't fix).

Purchased a 5 to 1 HDMI switcher and an HDMI cable a little while ago. Arrived the next day, the cable looks super sexy and the switcher has a cool unmarketed positive (auto-switches to a particular input when a signal is received then switches back when signal drops) to offset the very slight negative (the blue LED is SUPER bright, but nothing that a bit of blu tack couldn't fix).

I wear sunnies with mine:)

I just bought and received 2 hdmi cables today + free mouse pad after reading all the great reviews about EZHD on this forum.

I am in Melbourne and received them 2 days after I put the order in.

The quality of the cables is above what I expected and couldn't be happier.

I'd just like to say thanks to Keith and Anna for the great service.

This is how a bussiness should be run.

just a little question regarding the 1>2 Splitter

http://www.ezyhd-cables.com.au/hdmi-splitter.html

I want to use it to pass the same HDMI signal from my PVR to both my TV (Pana plasma) and AVR (Denon)

as sometimes i wish to use the TV only for audio output (recorded TV shows, etc)

and sometimes the AVR for audio output (Muti Ch Movie files, Sport)

how does the device handle hand-shaking between one source and two separate "receivers"

or is this not an issue?

While we have sold about a thousand or more of the 1x2 HDMI splitters not come across any handshaking issues that I recall, on the rare occasion with some receivers the audio does not work, never been able to find out why.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing its my 70th birthday today having a huge discount sale cause I'm very happy to have reached this milestone, and considering how great my long and short term friends have been from DTV in support and where it all began here in 2007 so its 20% off to lot.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hogie

Hi Foxtail,

Just wanted to say that I 'm very happy with the Hdmi cables and Hdmi switcher I bought off you last week, everything works as it should. Ordered on Tuesday and arrived early Thursday morning. Would definitely buy from you again in the future. Happy birthday and thanks for the 20% off!

Cheers,

Chris

Guest EZYHD

Been meaning to reply just been ever so busy, thanks for your kind words Hogie, yeah the March 20% off has been well received.

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump - many thanks for the great customer service.

* Nearly three yrs ago, purchased Hdmi cables which have been working flawlessly, recently encountered an issue with one of them , which was quite bizarre as it just stopped working.

Needless to say, Keith was fantastic and sent me a replacement cable immediately whilst I got myself organised in sending the original cable back to him,

Thus saving us a lot of waiting and staring at a blank screen.

Kudos to Ezyhd.

Guest EZYHD

Thanks guys for your kind remarks, we do try.

Off overseas again in two weeks time to trade shows and meet up with our suppliers, we will have some real neat new products items coming.

Edited by EZYHD

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EZYHD

Had a number of emails from members regarding our return from overseas trade shows etc. (even though it was on site) yes we have returned and all orders have been sent.

To anyone else that has switched to EZYHD cables, am I imagining it or do I have slightly more contrast and richer colour? I seem to be noticing a difference on picture from both my iQ and my Toppy just from replacing both cables with .5 metre EZYHD and so far I haven't changed the cable from the Yammy to the TV, I was going to wait until I get the new TV if I go ahead and get a new ST50. Wood panelling suddenly looks warmer and more real and this is SD, I haven't even tried any HD material yet but I do have this mornings golf recorded on FOX Sport. OK just took a peek and I'll swear that it looks slightly sharper, richer, more vibrant. Has anyone done side by side comparisons with these cables compared to "garden variety" cables?

Thanks Miata,

any more posts and I'll have to put you on the payroll !

Ha Ha, I was going to e-mail you! I just climbed behind the TV and changed that one as well, I still don't know whether I'm imagining it or not but to my mind there IS an improvement in picture quality. Possibly because my cables were four years old and older technology. Difficult to quantify I guess. I wasn't going to replace a third one, I think I've changed my mind!

• 7 months later...

Just like reliable power and clean water, I have become used to fast delivery fom EzyHD.

When I realised this order took under 20 hours to arrive in regional Souh East Qld on the second last working day before Christmas, I was impressed again.

Foxy, enjoy the holidays - well the days Australia Post are shut anyway.

Regards

Well, well, this old post is back, thanks for the comments guys.

In regard to speed of delivery we just send em, AP or DHL do the rest, could be that we are a rather large customer and use labels on satchels.

mrol, had to spend couple nights over holidays inc. NYE with friends at Palm Cove, I mean someone had to do it :phone:

• 2 weeks later...