Pioneer Lx-608 Best Price

Any newer prices? I'm still looking around Perth for a good price. I spoted on the LX508 thread that someone got a good price at Rick Hart in Osborne Park so went in there with credit card in hand. Best I could get it down to was still $8499. I said its a done deal for $8k but he reckons thats still below cost. Anyone in Perth having better luck?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any newer prices? I'm still looking around Perth for a good price. I spoted on the LX508 thread that someone got a good price at Rick Hart in Osborne Park so went in there with credit card in hand. Best I could get it down to was still $8499. I said its a done deal for $8k but he reckons thats still below cost. Anyone in Perth having better luck?

Update:

Finally decided I'd rather be enjoying my new TV than still looking around for prices, so I managed to get Rick Hart down to $8,375. Went and paid for it today. Hope it comes soon.

Update:

Finally decided I'd rather be enjoying my new TV than still looking around for prices, so I managed to get Rick Hart down to $8,375. Went and paid for it today. Hope it comes soon.

Well done Noodle, sometimes I wish I had the Kahunas to have paid the extra for the extra size. I always think the bigger one is better in the long run long after you have forgotten the price!

CP

Well done Noodle, sometimes I wish I had the Kahunas to have paid the extra for the extra size. I always think the bigger one is better in the long run long after you have forgotten the price!

CP

Check out LG 60 pg30fd full hd plama ,just released in aus. got one from good guys,tweed heads this week for $4200,has everthing,so new was not on lg website last week and if you think the kuro panels have ex.blacks, think again,never thought i would ever say that,been looking for about a year now.

my fllors ere delayed 3 weeks so havent paid for it yet

i wanna see if i can get it for 7800 in afew weeks time

either way i have it soon

i have a BW 685-683 surround sound - awesome

Hey Maurice,

Did you get your new baby yet, if so post some pics once you get it installed.

Can you please also email me a copy of the receipt to ijuschill@gmail.com really looking to get this one or the LX508

Cheers mate

60PG70FD - Closest thing I have ever seen to a LX608 - For nearly half the RRP!

Send us a PM in regards to the 608 and also throw us your state too.. I have a few friends out and around town, they sorted out Maurice's pricing.. They may be able to work something out for a few people.

SuFz :ninja:

Edited by SuFz

Check out LG 60 pg30fd full hd plama ,just released in aus. got one from good guys,tweed heads this week for $4200,has everthing,so new was not on lg website last week and if you think the kuro panels have ex.blacks, think again,never thought i would ever say that,been looking for about a year now.

Sorry to say this but the pioneer will outlast the lg by miles dude hence the price difference.And for picture quality u got to be kidding if u think the lg has a better picture.

Send us a PM in regards to the 608 and also throw us your state too.. I have a few friends out and around town, they sorted out Maurice's pricing.. They may be able to work something out for a few people.

Hey SuFz,

I am based in Adelaide and was quoted 4500 for the 60PG70FD . Any chance you know someone here in SA that can better that. If it helps I wont be financing it, rather putting it straight onto my c/card.

(can't PM as I just joined and need to get my posts up first!!)

Cheers,

Stu.

Edited by stu0411

Hey SuFz,

I am based in Adelaide and was quoted 4500 for the 60PG70FD . Any chance you know someone here in SA that can better that. If it helps I wont be financing it, rather putting it straight onto my c/card.

(can't PM as I just joined and need to get my posts up first!!)

Cheers,

Stu.

Hey has everyone given up on the 608a, no posts for a while! Is anyone out there waiting for the new release of the last Japanese built pioneer panels b4 the Matsui models come in during 2009?

Chris P

Hey has everyone given up on the 608a, no posts for a while! Is anyone out there waiting for the new release of the last Japanese built pioneer panels b4 the Matsui models come in during 2009?

Chris P

Yeah pretty much, they are only a couple of months away and will be an improvement over the 8th Gen panels so why not wait.

Hopefully they come somewhere near the current 608a $$

Anyone going to organise a group buy for the 609?

Sorry to say this but the pioneer will outlast the lg by miles dude hence the price difference.And for picture quality u got to be kidding if u think the lg has a better picture.

Before you make any other biased ill imformed comment again??? At least have had a look, open your eyes and see.Check out new web site on the new LG 60&50 panels,also European wep sites by EXPERT reviewers who all comment how good these panels are,equal to kuro panels,as to reliability last years LGs apparenly had very few issues.

Yeah pretty much, they are only a couple of months away and will be an improvement over the 8th Gen panels so why not wait.

Hopefully they come somewhere near the current 608a $$

Anyone going to organise a group buy for the 609?

Except no 5 year warranty installation or delivery, thereby a reason alot of people are scooping up the 8th Gen

Before you make any other biased ill imformed comment again??? At least have had a look, open your eyes and see.Check out new web site on the new LG 60&50 panels,also European wep sites by EXPERT reviewers who all comment how good these panels are,equal to kuro panels,as to reliability last years LGs apparenly had very few issues.

This is a big claim any links to back this up. A bit like a Hyundai being equal to an Aston Martin. ;)

Agreed, I think some peopole get hyped up on specs without actually viewing one. any other forum reviews?

CP

Honestly speaking.. I don't see a $5000 difference between the 608 and the 60PG70.. The LG is an absolutely gorgeous looking panel..

Running the same pictures on both the Pio & LG and I really think LG have done a bloody brilliant job!

The 60PG70 is a TV for those who would like Pio picture quality, but don't want to pay the premium. The Pio looks a touch better, I won't lie, but I don't see it being a $5000 difference.

At the end of the day, it's really up to personal preference. You can rave on and on about so and so saying this about the Pio and someone else saying this about the LG. But at the end of the day, $5000 is a fair whack.

*Difference in prices based on RRP. Spoken/Written by Sufyaan Hussein

Honestly speaking.. I don't see a $5000 difference between the 608 and the 60PG70.. The LG is an absolutely gorgeous looking panel..

Running the same pictures on both the Pio & LG and I really think LG have done a bloody brilliant job!

The 60PG70 is a TV for those who would like Pio picture quality, but don't want to pay the premium. The Pio looks a touch better, I won't lie, but I don't see it being a $5000 difference.

At the end of the day, it's really up to personal preference. You can rave on and on about so and so saying this about the Pio and someone else saying this about the LG. But at the end of the day, $5000 is a fair whack.

*Difference in prices based on RRP. Spoken/Written by Sufyaan Hussein

I went and checked out the LG 60PG70FD and on Blu-Ray it did look quite good. Its downfull for me compared to the Pioneer LX608 both using the internal tuners is that the Pioneer handled FTA SD & *HD* viewing better. To many artifacts on the LG. YMMV. Based on street prices the difference is more like just over $3000 which is still a lot more than the LG (LG 60PG70FD $4500 + $450 for 5 yr warranty = $4950 vs Pioneer LX508 street of $8000 including the 5 yr warranty (until September) and the Pioneer has *proper* 24p support unlike the LG with its 3:2 pulldown :( ).

Edited by Spero D.

I went and checked out the LG 60PG70FD and on Blu-Ray it did look quite good. Its downfull for me compared to the Pioneer LX608 both using the internal tuners is that the Pioneer handled FTA SD & *HD* viewing better. To many artifacts on the LG. YMMV. Based on street prices the difference is more like just over $3000 which is still a lot more than the LG (LG 60PG70FD $4500 + $450 for 5 yr warranty = $4950 vs Pioneer LX608 street of $8000 including the 5 yr warranty (until September) and the Pioneer has *proper* 24p support unlike the LG with its 3:2 pulldown :( ).

How did you find the black levels?

The problem I find with store comparisons is that unless your home has similar lighting to a store, it's not a good reflection on how they will look at home. Most of my TV/movie viewing is at night in a darkish room which is not even close to a showroom floor. Makes it a tough decision.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to this site and like most I've been spending alot of time reading and trying to take it all in.

I'm in the market for an LX608 but I'm having troubles on getting a price under 8.5K. My problem is that I'm only looking at DJ's (as I want to take up the store's interest free option). Being DJ's it's alot harder to price match if you don't have anything with hard facts.

Can anyone help by sending my a receipt or do we have any DJ guys willing to take an order. Am looking for a price that seems to be the street price being $8K flat.

Your help is appreciated :D

Hi,

I never post just a reader but thought I'd give it a go. Is it possible to get a price on the 608 in NSW (my email address is elproducto78@hotmail.com )

Thanks Marc.

I'm definately getting atleast a LX509A but hopefully stretch the budget to a LX609A when they come out. So I will definately be interested in a group buy when they are released.

Me too, keep the dream of the last ever true Pioneers alive! I have heard not till very late this year or early next!

CP

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to this site and like most I've been spending alot of time reading and trying to take it all in.

I'm in the market for an LX608 but I'm having troubles on getting a price under 8.5K. My problem is that I'm only looking at DJ's (as I want to take up the store's interest free option). Being DJ's it's alot harder to price match if you don't have anything with hard facts.

Can anyone help by sending my a receipt or do we have any DJ guys willing to take an order. Am looking for a price that seems to be the street price being $8K flat.

Your help is appreciated :D

Apparently Clive Peters will do it for $7,999. See previous post by Maurice => here. Price of the LX608 will probably come down once the 5 year warranty is discontinued, which is after this weekend I think.

Also, what about a Samsung PS63P71FDX for $5,999 or PS58P91FDX for $4,497 at Digital Centre. I believe these Samsungs do 24p and they may be available at even lower prices than these. You could try the Big Picture People if in Melbourne, they have been a good source for some on this forum.