When Will The Australian Version Of The Tvix M -6500a Be Available For Purchase.

I really hope Dvico market their prices for the consumer, look what happened to Pioneer, Pioneer make the best Plasmas but have announced that its not profitable for them to manufactuer Plasmas anymore.

This is due to Panasonic (Matsushita) selling near 5million units as opposed to Pioneer in the hundreds of thosands. Simply put Pioneer will cease prodution & be buying their panels off Matsushita (Panasonic).

Ironic huh... but sales is what its all about Panasonic plasmas are nearly as good as a Pioneer but sell for half the price.

I believe this is the same with the 6500/7000, they are better that Popcorn hour/Egreat, but those units will sell considerably more due to the price are their selling for. Take a look in the Home theatre threads at whirlpool.net.au there are multiple threads on Popcorn vs Egreat some over 30pages long! that shows you how popular they are, do a search for Dvico products in those forums & there are only a few. At the end of they day people look for value for money. I can buy 2 High def Panasonic plasmas as opposed to 1 Pioneer. I can buy 2 Popcorn hours/Egreats for possibly the price of the 6500/7000, I know what the majority will go for.

Its sad to see Pioneer backdown on manufacturing high end Plasmas, just dont hope Dvico end up in the same situation.

Edited by Alpha101

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The M-6500A that we are going to sell from next month will includes

-500GB HDD

-dual Tuner

-HDMI Cable

Price would be around AU$600. We are trying to make it less than $600 but it's depend on price of the HDD and the exchange rate.

We are currently working on our website for Dvico products. I will post the url when it's done.

Samscoms, please email when available, my email elcowest@hotmail.com

thanks.

sorry somewhat confused with all the tvix details flying in

which model(s) are you bringing in next month samscoms?

the 6500a or the r-2200/r-3300 ?

it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that the tvix's don't do h.264 (in reference to a comparison to the Beyonwiz's) ?

in the specs and web sites it mentions support for h.264

so does it playback back and record HDTV in h.264?

also what is the difference between the 6500a and the r-3300?

is it the analog line-in recording?

both can have dual DVB-T tuners (HD PVR?)?

and is it true 2.0 dual HD PVR?

ie. record 2 HD DVB-T programs and watch a pre-recorded show simultaneously?

How does the r-3300 compare to the Beyonwiz DP-P2?

Twin HD PVR + Line-in (record foxtel) + network media player

sorry for the mountain of questions!

sorry somewhat confused with all the tvix details flying in

which model(s) are you bringing in next month samscoms?

the 6500a or the r-2200/r-3300 ?

-->They are all comming next month

it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that the tvix's don't do h.264 (in reference to a comparison to the Beyonwiz's) ?

in the specs and web sites it mentions support for h.264

so does it playback back and record HDTV in h.264?

-->This is different between M-6500 and R-3300. Basically they are using different chipset so R-3300 doesn't support h.264 instead it support timeshifting and analog input recording. R-3300 is also cheaper than M-6500.

also what is the difference between the 6500a and the r-3300?

is it the analog line-in recording?

-->Answered above

both can have dual DVB-T tuners (HD PVR?)?

-->Yes but dual tuner will come October as per their anouncement

and is it true 2.0 dual HD PVR?

ie. record 2 HD DVB-T programs and watch a pre-recorded show simultaneously?

--> I need to check that with Dvico.

How does the r-3300 compare to the Beyonwiz DP-P2?

Twin HD PVR + Line-in (record foxtel) + network media player

-->R-3300 has better performance. In terms of functionality they are similar

sorry for the mountain of questions!

Hi,

OK, it's September. What's happening? :P

dRdoS7.

Guys,

I have test samples and have been testing for a while, there are still a few things to do to the firmware, hence I would expect them not to be released until the end of the month. :) Once these firmware issues are sorted out, I assure you these products will be worth the wait.

Cheers

Renura

Guys,

I have test samples and have been testing for a while, there are still a few things to do to the firmware, hence I would expect them not to be released until the end of the month. :) Once these firmware issues are sorted out, I assure you these products will be worth the wait.

Cheers

Renura

It's easy to upgrade firmware. So it wouldn't be a problem if somebody get earlier. If we have it in stock and new firmware released we will upgrade ourselves here.

FYI, they will release new tuner next month too.

It's easy to upgrade firmware. So it wouldn't be a problem if somebody get earlier. If we have it in stock and new firmware released we will upgrade ourselves here.

FYI, they will release new tuner next month too.

hmmmm, samscoms we have been importing and distributing DVICO products for several years, obviously you are not aware of who (apart form you) will also be selling these products........

As for the firmware upgrades, of course there will always be things that can and will be improved, but there are things that MUST be fixed before the new products are released. let's hope DVICO does it quicker than I expect :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is that with the duasl DTV tuner as i'm really interested in this to9 replace a dual tuner SD PVR and NMP??? Hope it works as advertised... :)
The 6500A will be sold without tuners at first, the dual tuner will be available in October sometimes. The 3330 and 2230 come with single tuners standard. A dual tuner for the 3330 will also be available in the future.

We finally have M-6500A in stock. If anyone interested in buying from us. Please PM me you will be the first person buying Proper AU version of the M-6500a.

We have special offer for DTV forum members. We also have T-431 SINGLE Tuner.

Thanks,

Sang

PM sent

We finally have M-6500A in stock. If anyone interested in buying from us. Please PM me you will be the first person buying Proper AU version of the M-6500a.

Thanks,

Sang

is there any word on your website yet samscoms?

Thanks,

Sang

PM Sent