When Will The Australian Version Of The Tvix M -6500a Be Available For Purchase.

Bye bye Beyonwiz... maybe, but I doubt it

You've made a few excellent points Tony. However, it's A110 that comes from China, the Dvico's come from Korea. From this thread http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/847291.html

is the PCH (PopCorn that is) any better than the tvix?

www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/5100sh.aspx

Better than that model I would say yes because PCH has the newer Sigma SMP8635. But the newest Tvix model (6500 that is) also has this chip, and I believe is quite a impressive media player. Costs more than twice as much though for good reason :)

Same thread

The tvix costs more because they have been in the game much longer and write their own non syabas firmware and also have dts certification and very good build quality.

However the earlier models of the 6500 had overheating problems which they have only just started to fix on latest shipments.

So it's down to build quality and the GUI (looks way better), playback wise however they're exactly the same.

Ultimately it's like Lexus vs Toyota - essentially same car but the looks :)

In other words, I would prefer 6500a (no HDD, no tuner) for say $350, to Popcorn for $300 (AUD is down), not to mention local warranty etc.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interested in these units without a HDD. From what I have read of these units they are quite good & I am keen to get onboard. I was thinking about the ebay purchase but was hesitant because of "after sales" support.

Keep up with the updates Samscoms - I am eagerly awaiting more info/url !!

I am very interested in these units without a HDD. From what I have read of these units they are quite good & I am keen to get onboard. I was thinking about the ebay purchase but was hesitant because of "after sales" support.

Keep up with the updates Samscoms - I am eagerly awaiting more info/url !!

I will post the link when we set up our web site.

You've made a few excellent points Tony. However, it's A110 that comes from China, the Dvico's come from Korea. From this thread http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/847291.html

Same thread

So it's down to build quality and the GUI (looks way better), playback wise however they're exactly the same.

Ultimately it's like Lexus vs Toyota - essentially same car but the looks :)

In other words, I would prefer 6500a (no HDD, no tuner) for say $350, to Popcorn for $300 (AUD is down), not to mention local warranty etc.

I guess overheating problem is resolve in the latest firmware and this model support HD audio. You can enjoy 7.1 cinema class sound at home. This model is ideal for Home theatre. They are working hard to improve the firmware.

RRP would be higher than $350.

It supports 10/100Mbps.

I have seen version 2 of the 6500/7000a with Gigabit port/LAN. The below link states that it supports Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000Mbps.

http://www.virtualmarket.ifa-berlin.de/ind...f239a13088287cc

Input / Output

* One HDMI 1.3a port up to 1080p full HD.

* One component port(YPbPr) up to 1080i for HD

* One composite/ One SVHS for SD video

* One coaxial and one optical port for digital audio output

* One RCA stereo port for analog audio output

* Two USB host ports for wireless LAN & external storages

* One USB client port for PC connection

* One Gigabit Ethernet port for network

Im hoping they will enable WPA encryption support in their future firmware releases.

I was under the impression that the Sigma SMP8635 only supported 10/100Mbps. Can you confirm if the 1.3.25 firmware enables Gigabit LAN.

Either way I still believe the M-6500/7000a are the best built media player around ATM. Will definitely buy one when you have them in stock. :)

Edited by Alpha101

Thanks for your suggestion. Paypal payment was my plan anyway. Warranty is 12 months. Do you think we would better give breakdown price rather than bundle them.

Personally I prefer the option of mixing and matching components for this unit and would go for the Breakdown Price (just bare bones unit). Then if I wanted to upgrade parts (HDD size, tuner options) in the future I could. Some others would obviously go the complete unit (Tuner/HDD etc). I like the idea of flexibility in whatever I purchase because I always heavily research any product I buy to be best informed. Most of the people on this forum seem to be in the majority of "informed" or even the "obsessed" camp when it comes to technological awareness :ninja::D .

If you want my opinion Samscoms be super smart and give the choice to the consumer, both breakdown and bundle packages for sale, capture all sectors of the market. Any issues to be had with fan control/overheating have apparently been addressed with the new V2 of the 6500 A and the user interface is slightly better out of the box in my opinion compared to the new Popcorn A110, (must be girlfriend/wife friendly) along with a better remote. Samscoms please keep us informed as to progress on website and 6500 interface information/video. Cheers

I made it into the first batch for the PCH A-110

I need two media players ... so i'm really keen to get one of each (and sell the one that least suits my needs)

Samscom, can you please answer these q's:

- I'm in Perth, so is pickup an option?

- Would I be able to see one in action?

(Mainly interested in a demo of the tv tuner as I currently have a couple of set top boxes and it would be great if one device could do everything I need ... but NOT at the expense of image quality)

I couldn't find a reply anywhere in the post (but then again it's before lunch so I might just be less alert than usual)

I have seen version 2 of the 6500/7000a with Gigabit port/LAN. The below link states that it supports Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000Mbps.

Input / Output

* One HDMI 1.3a port up to 1080p full HD.

* One component port(YPbPr) up to 1080i for HD

* One composite/ One SVHS for SD video

* One coaxial and one optical port for digital audio output

* One RCA stereo port for analog audio output

* Two USB host ports for wireless LAN & external storages

* One USB client port for PC connection

* One Gigabit Ethernet port for network

Im hoping they will enable WPA encryption support in their future firmware releases.

I was under the impression that the Sigma SMP8635 only supported 10/100Mbps. Can you confirm if the 1.3.25 firmware enables Gigabit LAN.

Either way I still believe the M-6500/7000a are the best built media player around ATM. Will definitely buy one when you have them in stock. :)

I will ask Dvico about the Gigabit LAN and post here.

I made it into the first batch for the PCH A-110

I need two media players ... so i'm really keen to get one of each (and sell the one that least suits my needs)

Samscom, can you please answer these q's:

- I'm in Perth, so is pickup an option?

- Would I be able to see one in action?

(Mainly interested in a demo of the tv tuner as I currently have a couple of set top boxes and it would be great if one device could do everything I need ... but NOT at the expense of image quality)

I couldn't find a reply anywhere in the post (but then again it's before lunch so I might just be less alert than usual)

Yes, you can pick up.

We will get the test unit soon this week or next week then I will make small video clip to show you demo.

DVICO will release new model in September.

R-3300 Multimedia player

http://www.virtualmarket.ifa-berlin.de/ind...336cce173dc827a

R-2200

I am new distributor in Australia. I am looking for a group of people who willing test new products and give us report. We are going to get test unit in August. If you are interested in Please send me a message.

Have you guys looked at new products from Dvico. I guess R-2200 is quite interesting one but don't know about R-3300. What you guys think?

Only analogue recording and 1080i, no LAN port (only wireless supported via USB)... doesn't seem like it offers much really?

Do you think Analogue recording is useful? R-2200 is more for the people who wants to use their Pvr in their car. That's why this model doesn't have LAN Port i guess. As you already noticed they are using different chipset so they do as much as 6500 does but they are cheaper. Only missing bit is Full HD.

Do you think Analogue recording is useful? R-2200 is more for the people who wants to use their Pvr in their car. That's why this model doesn't have LAN Port i guess. As you already noticed they are using different chipset so they do as much as 6500 does but they are cheaper. Only missing bit is Full HD.

Does nothing I need it to do. I just wished that companies would start making better models cheaper, instead of shifting their focus to cut down models and then offering them at a lower price (clearly because they are inferior). I'm surprised these are so expensive, while the build quality is there, they don't see the need to compete with other companies in the same marketspace.

Does nothing I need it to do. I just wished that companies would start making better models cheaper, instead of shifting their focus to cut down models and then offering them at a lower price (clearly because they are inferior). I'm surprised these are so expensive, while the build quality is there, they don't see the need to compete with other companies in the same marketspace.

I asked the same question Dvico. They said not everyone need Full HD features like my mum and dad. Did you see the Tivo specs. They also doesn't have full HD features but the price is still high because they have brand power. If you compare R-3330 with Tivo you won't find much different but price will be much lower than Tivo. I guess that was their marketing strategy.

samscoms,

Can you confirm that you will be stocking the Tvix M-7000a preferably with the twin tuners. I have found a place online that has one for $550 with a single tuner.

I would much rather buy from you but if you wont be stocking them for a few months I might not be able to wait.

samscoms,

Can you confirm that you will be stocking the Tvix M-7000a preferably with the twin tuners. I have found a place online that has one for $550 with a single tuner.

I would much rather buy from you but if you wont be stocking them for a few months I might not be able to wait.

Just to double check that you do realise you are paying extra for the cylinder?

AFAIK there's no difference between the M-6500A and the M-7000A except for the shape (and the additional manufacturing costs with building a cylinder)

Just to double check that you do realise you are paying extra for the cylinder?

AFAIK there's no difference between the M-6500A and the M-7000A except for the shape (and the additional manufacturing costs with building a cylinder)

I perfer the shape of the 7000a & they had fewer heat issues than the 6500 had. I dont mind paying more due for the shape as long as its reasonable. The last 2 7000a sold on ebay for around the $AUD 590 mark. So if samscoms can offer it for the same price I perfer to buy from him, if not than Im sure I can find it elsewhere for around $600.

I asked the same question Dvico. They said not everyone need Full HD features like my mum and dad. Did you see the Tivo specs. They also doesn't have full HD features but the price is still high because they have brand power. If you compare R-3330 with Tivo you won't find much different but price will be much lower than Tivo. I guess that was their marketing strategy.

Hey samscoms, what is your relationship with Lako Pacific - who apparently are the DVICO distributor for these things in Australia? http://www.lakopacific.com/page/Products/Dvico/

Will these new models be only available from you? or can we buy them frrm any of the stores mentioned in "where to buy" page on the DVICO website? http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/WhereToBuy.aspx

Edited by DreamDVBBox

Hey samscoms, what is your relationship with Lako Pacific - who apparently are the DVICO distributor for these things in Australia? http://www.lakopacific.com/page/Products/Dvico/

Will these new models be only available from you? or can we buy them frrm any of the stores mentioned in "where to buy" page on the DVICO website? http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/WhereToBuy.aspx

They are still Dvico distributor. You will be able to buy from retailers if they are interested selling new models. I honestly don't know what Lack's plan is.

We are mainly distributing WA and hopefully SA.

They are still Dvico distributor. You will be able to buy from retailers if they are interested selling new models. I honestly don't know what Lack's plan is.

We are mainly distributing WA and hopefully SA.

Thanks for the reply, let's hope we get these players soon anyway or I may have to have a look at alternatives.

Pccase gear have the 4130 for $424 & the 5130 for $539 (including single HD tuner) http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...x&cPath=172

The only real difference between the 4130/5130 to the 6500/7000 is the chipset Sigma 8623 as opposed to the 8635. Same design just newer chipset.

I would hope & expect that when they are released that a $50 premium from the previous model would be reasonable. Its not like they have been completly redesigned same chassis new chipset. If they get released for $600/$700 with tuners these will be way over priced, considering the Popcorn hour & Egreat with the new Sigma 8635 chipset are going for $250 - $330.

The Dvicos are better built IMO but not worth double the price.

M-6500/7000 - $500/$600 with tuners would be the right price.

Pccase gear have the 4130 for $424 & the 5130 for $539 (including single HD tuner) http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...x&cPath=172

The only real difference between the 4130/5130 to the 6500/7000 is the chipset Sigma 8623 as opposed to the 8635. Same design just newer chipset.

I would hope & expect that when they are released that a $50 premium from the previous model would be reasonable. Its not like they have been completly redesigned same chassis new chipset. If they get released for $600/$700 with tuners these will be way over priced, considering the Popcorn hour & Egreat with the new Sigma 8635 chipset are going for $250 - $330.

The Dvicos are better built IMO but not worth double the price.

M-6500/7000 - $500/$600 with tuners would be the right price.

Thanks for you analysis and suggestion. We are trying hard to set RRP reasonable price. There was big improvement in terms of firmware. That's way their price is so higher than others.

Thanks for you analysis and suggestion. We are trying hard to set RRP reasonable price. There was big improvement in terms of firmware. That's way their price is so higher than others.

Samscoms,

I know you being a supplier your RRP is dependant on what they can offer them to you. But if they want to compete they will need to know that there are other great alternatives at half the price. Looking at the current price of the 4130 & 5130s people arent going to pay more than $50-60 on a new chipset.

For instance the New PS3 will be released with an 80gb HDD & dual shock 3 controllers with latest firmware for the same price this will superseded 40gb unit. Sony are smart they started getting rid of the 40gb with there free with LCD offer which sold a heap, also helping them beat the Blu ray HD DVD rivalry & take control the Blu ray market.

Dvico should follow suit & want the consumer to buy their product.

Keep trying, so the Dvixo Tvix media centres will be the one to get!

Edited by Alpha101

Samscoms,

I know you being a supplier your RRP is dependant on what they can offer them to you. But if they want to compete they will need to know that there are other great alternatives at half the price. Looking at the current price of the 4130 & 5130s people arent going to pay more than $50-60 on a new chipset.

For instance the New PS3 will be released with an 80gb HDD & dual shock 3 controllers with latest firmware for the same price this will superseded 40gb unit. Sony are smart they started getting rid of the 40gb with there free with LCD offer which sold a heap, also helping them beat the Blu ray HD DVD rivalry & take control the Blu ray market.

Dvico should follow suit & want the consumer to buy their product.

Keep trying, so the Dvixo Tvix media centres will be the one to get!

I might pass your idea on to the Dvico. They might already know about it. I heard that they have already start some project related to the Blu Ray.