Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

It is the one flaw in this display. I don't watch much TV bought it mostly for HiDef content but when I do watch FTA, it is annoying. But I forget all that when watching a movie and recently, playing Guitar Hero 3 on the PS3. Awesome. I bought mine for 4K (hard bargaining) some time ago and I haven't had a moment of buyers remorse, even seeing it at the amazing price it is being sold for now. I popped in to JB's the other day, and the XDA still stands out against the competition. I expect when the new models from the various big manus are released, it might look a bit more ordinary but for a 720p panel, it's more than held its own against the other makes/models out there.

At the price they are going for now, you can't really complain. It's cheap and high quality.

i thought i was having a flashback!! that message you referred to was over a month ago.

had mine for 2 weeks now and couldnt be happier. drives my wife crazy as the channel surfing during the ads is now cut to a minimum :D

doesnt worry me too much anymore

Edited by spalmills

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get your Pio chinners. I got mine from JB HiFi in Strathpine.

Got mine yesterday from Myer Chermside on the Myer One deal at $2609. Went to JB Strathpine first but they only wanted to sell me the demo and wouldn't go below $2950. I didn't waste my time trying to bargain as the bloke was a tool.

Got mine yesterday from Myer Chermside on the Myer One deal at $2609. Went to JB Strathpine first but they only wanted to sell me the demo and wouldn't go below $2950. I didn't waste my time trying to bargain as the bloke was a tool.

Well done mate, another one to the group !!

Laughing at "the bloke was a tool" sounds like something i would say

Isnt it ironic . I originally tried to get mine at Chermside Myer for $2700 (they had 10% off ticketed price in late March)There ticketed price was $2999. Almost bought it anyway at $2999 when the salesman refused to budge .

I decided to hold off and then took advantage of JB Hifi's sale 4 days later where they had it for $2999 then take 10% off so $2699. I checked this forum before I went and someone had nabbed one for $2560 in Townsville. I printed out the receipt and to my surprise they honoured it. Was going to buy it even if they hadnt of(not that I was telling them that)

The other day I was in Kedron Jbhifi and the salesman commented that Townsville JB are renowned for going ubber low on price.

Edited by noddy doldrums

Does anyone know what the current lead time is for Pioneer to install these... from the time that stock comes in at your retailer to the time you have it it installed in your home? I'm in inner city Melbourne. JB Hi Fi Melbourne is still waiting on stock.. 13 days and counting. :/

Edited by DsLDr0id

can someone elaborate on this deal? I kind of want this tv I think. Do post asap - I'll hit the shops tomorrow - also any receipts, please send to:

bobbylovesitmediumdone{{@}}gmail.com

There's a guy working there who has worked at Kedron and Chermside. Don't mean to be nasty but he's full of it. Talks the talk well which you'd expect from a salesman but I was at Chermy one day and he was saying that he'd met his quota so could sell stuff at better prices so I asked about the Pio and he said that he's the cheapest in town and he'd do it for 3950 (ticketed at 3999 - yeah, this is a while ago) however I was in Myer not 10 mins before and they had it ticketed at 3400ish.

I asked a guy in Strathpine if he could do 2700 on the 50 and he said no, it's not possible and they've only got a display model. He then said he could do a better price on the LX for 5500 (ticketed at 6xxx+) hahaha

I just paid a deposit today at Rick Hart, Claremont (WA) for $2680 for this Panel.

Have had to layby it as it is for the house I am building which is not gonna be ready for another 5 months. Shame I cannot put it in my room as it is too small to fit it in.

Looking forward to opening it up though!

Isnt it ironic . I originally tried to get mine at Chermside Myer for $2700 (they had 10% off ticketed price in late March)There ticketed price was $2999. Almost bought it anyway at $2999 when the salesman refused to budge .

I decided to hold off and then took advantage of JB Hifi's sale 4 days later where they had it for $2999 then take 10% off so $2699. I checked this forum before I went and someone had nabbed one for $2560 in Townsville. I printed out the receipt and to my surprise they honoured it. Was going to buy it even if they hadnt of(not that I was telling them that)

The other day I was in Kedron Jbhifi and the salesman commented that Townsville JB are renowned for going ubber low on price.

I was the same Myer 1st agreed to $2700 then later wouldnt do it. Nought it for Dj's over the phone for $2560. Joke is i also got the myerone offer this week as well.

Does anyone know what the current lead time is for Pioneer to install these... from the time that stock comes in at your retailer to the time you have it it installed in your home? I'm in inner city Melbourne. JB Hi Fi Melbourne is still waiting on stock.. 13 days and counting. :/

Contact Clive Peters Richmond84164100 they had stock quote me $2650 i purchased there last week (Phil From Richmond ) good luck

Damn i feel like i paid too much, however i couldnt get Harvey Norman, JB, or Myer to budge. Bought it at Myer for $2999....

Guess thats what happens when you live in Tassie! :P

Cant wait to get it installed! Next week so ive been told :-)

Damn i feel like i paid too much, however i couldnt get Harvey Norman, JB, or Myer to budge. Bought it at Myer for $2999....

Guess thats what happens when you live in Tassie! :P

Cant wait to get it installed! Next week so ive been told :-)

I feel your pain, its the same in Perth too. I was lucky getting mine at $2999 as the only other place i found that had one in wouldn't budge from $3899!

I do have a question about the installation process however - the guy in the shop said someone from Pioneer would come round and install it, which he reckoned meant the following:

- Set up / Tune in

- If i wanted it flush wall mounted they would take the stand away and mount it for me and provide their own bracket

- Calibrate it for me

Is this right or will i have to pay extra for the mounting and calibration? It all sounds a bit too-good-to-be-true to be honest, so if anyone has any info i'd love to be happily surprised! :)

Cheers

John

i thought i was having a flashback!! that message you referred to was over a month ago.

had mine for 2 weeks now and couldnt be happier. drives my wife crazy as the channel surfing during the ads is now cut to a minimum :D

doesnt worry me too much anymore

Ahh yeah. I thought it was still worth replying to as I do think it worth re-iterating to potential buyers that the FTA tuner is a bit of a letdown BUT most folks here don't mind or sought alternative arrangement through use of an STB. I know that when I was going over my options, I wanted honest feedback on the display - warts and all. Enthusiastic owners (I count myself as one) can tend to gloss over some of the negatives. Research before spending your hard earned should lessen chances of potential headaches and buyers remorse.

I'm chuffed with my tv. Not only does it put out a pleasing picture it looks good in my lounge room. I reckon aesthetically, it's close to perfect. :D Congrats on the purchase. What does your wife think?

@Entreat - 3K is still a great price.

Ahh yeah. I thought it was still worth replying to as I do think it worth re-iterating to potential buyers that the FTA tuner is a bit of a letdown BUT most folks here don't mind or sought alternative arrangement through use of an STB. I know that when I was going over my options, I wanted honest feedback on the display - warts and all. Enthusiastic owners (I count myself as one) can tend to gloss over some of the negatives. Research before spending your hard earned should lessen chances of potential headaches and buyers remorse.

I'm chuffed with my tv. Not only does it put out a pleasing picture it looks good in my lounge room. I reckon aesthetically, it's close to perfect. :D Congrats on the purchase. What does your wife think?

@Entreat - 3K is still a great price.

yeah i know where you are coming from..

my wife isnt into all the fuss with large tv's and such...the channel changing still bugs her as the previous tv had set top box and changed instantly. i could add it back on but i wont as it doesnt go with all the other black components and also it doesnt worry me that much.

I feel your pain, its the same in Perth too. I was lucky getting mine at $2999 as the only other place i found that had one in wouldn't budge from $3899!

I do have a question about the installation process however - the guy in the shop said someone from Pioneer would come round and install it, which he reckoned meant the following:

- Set up / Tune in

- If i wanted it flush wall mounted they would take the stand away and mount it for me and provide their own bracket

- Calibrate it for me

Is this right or will i have to pay extra for the mounting and calibration? It all sounds a bit too-good-to-be-true to be honest, so if anyone has any info i'd love to be happily surprised! :)

Cheers

John

gday john,

Pioneer will contact you about a time for install. They will ask if its wall or table mount although these details would have been discussed with your retailer right?

The contractors will to the set up, tune it in and mount it as requested.

The TV cant be calibrated until 150-200 hours run in. That will cost you $300 to $400 approx.

I will tell you how you check your hours on the TV once you have it.

They will ask if its wall or table mount although these details would have been discussed with your retailer right?

They didn't ask me that when i paid for mine, i would had thought Pioneer would ask that question when they call you for installation time.

BTW, who should i ring about the latest with my yet to hear nothing about my plasma?? JB HI-FI (the place i bought it) or Pioneer`s 1800 988 268 number ??

They didn't ask me that when i paid for mine, i would had thought Pioneer would ask that question when they call you for installation time.

BTW, who should i ring about the latest with my yet to hear nothing about my plasma?? JB HI-FI (the place i bought it) or Pioneer`s 1800 988 268 number ??

The installation company will call and confirm which option (wall or table) youve chosen. It seems you werent asked this at purchase . The salesman would have had to of selected one of the 2 options. Id call JB and check the details with them.

Calling Pioneer may not yield any results. It didnt for me anyway. My Jb ordered 7 sets in one lot and Pioneer had no record of me individually.

It seems you werent asked this at purchase .

Yes, they should have asked you this at purchase - if they didn't they might have assumed you wanted the table version and ordered that instead. I'd call and check with them on this ASAP. On my receipt from JB Hi Fi Melbourne it says "PIONEER - 508XDATABLE".

I just spoke to Don at Clive Peters Richmond, he said they have around 55 in stock in their warehouse and can have Pioneer install it for me this week! Only problem is the price, which he quoted at $2,999. I didn't bother trying to negotiate with him over the phone but I might head down there and see if they will flex on the price.. provided I can get a refund from JB Hi Fi, who, the last 2 weeks have had nothing to tell me but "Yeah we're expecting some in.."

I just spoke to Don at Clive Peters Richmond, he said they have around 55 in stock in their warehouse and can have Pioneer install it for me this week!

LOL, when I ordered mine from Myer Canberra in March, I was told they have around 55 in their warehouse and can have Pioneer install it for me within a week. I still didn't get a call from Pioneer and now it is almost May...

Just make sure the information you have is 100% correct before you change your order.

Guest Snack Doctor

I can vouch for Clive Peters having stock at their warehouse. I purchased mine from Clive Peters Dandenong, got the call from Pioneer the next day and the T.V was installed 7 days after purchase.

I can vouch for Clive Peters having stock at their warehouse. I purchased mine from Clive Peters Dandenong, got the call from Pioneer the next day and the T.V was installed 7 days after purchase.

I envy you. In that case I would rather spend a bit more and buy it at CP, rather than wait until June or whenever. Not knowing when and if you get it is worse than spending a few hundred extra in my opinion. Too bad we don't have a CP in Canberra...

I just spoke to Don at Clive Peters Richmond, he said they have around 55 in stock in their warehouse and can have Pioneer install it for me this week! Only problem is the price, which he quoted at $2,999. I didn't bother trying to negotiate with him over the phone but I might head down there and see if they will flex on the price.. provided I can get a refund from JB Hi Fi, who, the last 2 weeks have had nothing to tell me but "Yeah we're expecting some in.."

Don was supervising the sales guy (sitting next to him) while i ordered mine on friday. After showing the 2650 receipt there was no problem getting that price from him.

went into MYER today. Guy said he couldnt sell me one, they had all sold out.

He then went on the computer that had a message from pioneer saying no more orders to be taken, and there was 60 backorders on the system.

He even rang the boss at my insistance who said the only units available were demostrtors and they had sold theirs this morning???