Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

Can someone tell me the email address for Sony's complaint center or similar. I cannot find their email address on their website. If more December 2007 purchasers complain that we have been shafted when people who bought their TV's in Jab/Feb are getting their PS3's already, they might start allocating PS3's it date order.

Totally unacceptable to ignore the TV purchase date order.

Several years ago I purchased Sony Video Camers, Surround Sound amp, Video recorder and multi CD player for around $5k. Every single one of those items went faulty between 3 months and 18 months of purchasing them.

Since then I have refused to even look at Sony products. Recently purchased Pioneer plasma and didn't even look at what Sony had to offer.

Just my 2c and bad luck with Sony.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the same email from Sony but haven't been waiting as long as some of you guys. I ordered my TV on 1 January, received my TV on 1 March and sent my redemption in on 3 March. I'm hoping to get through my HD DVDs and give my wallet a rest before the PS3 arrives and I start buying BDs.

1. As reported earlier, I got my PS3 by faxing Ihara in Tokyo. Only then did Sony Australia's senior management leap into action.

If you want yours then try that plus...

2. I believe it is legally correct that contracts have to be completed within reasonable time. Sony is not doing this and so the Office of Fair Trading in NSW and similar bodies in other states would surely help.

3. However a more obvious solution is to go to the retail outlet and point out that the sales contract is essentially with them - they represented that if you bought a Bravia from them you would get a PS3. Tell them they should ensure a PS3 is handed over pronto. Point out that they have them sitting on the shelves and so have no excuse. How they sort it out with Sony is their business, not yours. Threaten then with an action through the state consumer body. The shop will either hand over a PS3 or get onto Sony for them to deliver immediately as they don't want the embarrassment. Tell them you'll happily take $700 instead of the PS3. As you are offering a reasonable solution they can hardly object after so many months. I had DJ's set to beat up Sony but Ihara came good just before the retailer handed over the money or the box.

Importantly do not tolerate any delay and be firm - don't give them any idea that you are giving them procrastination time. .

Sony's behaviour is unconscionable.

I think 1 and 2 are reasonable, 3 is harder. If they did their job right, they would've clarified the offer is between the buyer and in this case Sony, not the retailer. There should be no confusion and hence nothing to mislead.

1. As reported earlier, I got my PS3 by faxing Ihara in Tokyo. Only then did Sony Australia's senior management leap into action.

If you want yours then try that plus...

2. I believe it is legally correct that contracts have to be completed within reasonable time. Sony is not doing this and so the Office of Fair Trading in NSW and similar bodies in other states would surely help.

Sony's behaviour is unconscionable.

Mate can you PM me the email addresses and fax addresses I should bombard Sony with?

What: KDL-46XBR

Where: Radio Rentals (Prospect)

How much: $3,600

TV purchased: 19/01/08

Delivered: 20/02/08

Mailed in: 20/02/08

Recieved: Today!! :D (Well I hope today - there is a parcel waiting at the post office)

Only 79 days since I paid for the TV!

Mate can you PM me the email addresses and fax addresses I should bombard Sony with?

81 3 6748 2244

Katsumi Ihara

Executive Deputy President

Office in Charge of Consumer Products Group

Sony Corportation

Tokyo

Guest split_city
Day count: 54

Just called the 1800 number to get an update (got through first time) on my PS3. I was informed that a label has been printed and that I should expect to receive my PS3 mid to late next week. We shall wait and see I guess.

The joke of a promotion continues!

YAY! PS3 FINALLY arrived today!

Summary:

WHAT: KDL46W3100

WHEN: 26/1/08 (TV arrived on 4/2/08)

WHERE: Retravison, St. Marys (Adelaide)

HOW MUCH: $3854 ($3425 for TV, $399 4 year additional warranty, $30 delivery fee)

SENT PAPERWORK: 9/2/08

DAYS TILL PS3 ARRIVED: 58 days

I feel sorry for all of you who have waited longer and for those who were sent out an email regarding further delays :(

My colleague at work just received his today. He sent the claim last week of Feb. Another one got the dreaded email a few days ago. Sony must have a super duper computer working out the complex formula for who gets their PS3 first. As for me, no email and no PS3!!

If you have no e-mail, you should be getting it soon..

Update for me..

sent claim in 20/02/2008

processed 25/02/2008

received today! 07/04/2008

I'm pretty happy with the time-frame.. but i still feel for those who sent in before me and are yet to receive.. sorry :(

Definitely call them up and demand a response from them!

If you have no e-mail, you should be getting it soon..

Update for me..

sent claim in 20/02/2008

processed 25/02/2008

received today! 07/04/2008

I'm pretty happy with the time-frame.. but i still feel for those who sent in before me and are yet to receive.. sorry :(

Definitely call them up and demand a response from them!

Mine was processed on the 22/02/2008

Haven't received it... have been on the phone... they said it should have been shipped,l but for some reason wasn't. After two days of constant hassling them, they are insisting I didn't fill out the form properly, and the serial didn't match the model number, and I'll receive mine on the 12th of May. So... they didn't feel the need to contact me and let me know the numbers didn't match? A likely story.. since I knew the model number off the top of my head before I even bought the damn tv. Trying to pin the blame on someone but themselves. They'll be hearing more from me tomorrow... I've been patient up until now.

Thanks for the posts guys, it's good to hear that these playstations aren't just myths, but do in fact exist. I'll let you know the fruits of tomorrows labour, and how I go. If the phone call doesn't bare any results, maybe some of the other methods I've read here will help. It's just wrong, they should ensure they meet their part of the bargain, as everyone else has.

<_<

ps: and I didn't receive the "12th of May" email. It really was meant to have been sent out.

Edited by avafumi

Just called the hotline for some more info regarding my missing PS3. Apparently was sent out on Monday! How long have the transit times been for those who have already received theirs?

Also, condolences to all of you who got nailed with the May 12 e-mail. That really, really, really sucks. :(

What: KDL40X3100

When: 19/01/08

Where: The Good Guys, Carseldine QLD

Received TV: 25/02/08

Claim sent: 26/02/08

Processed: 28/02/08

PS3 Sent: 07/04/08

Received PS3: ?

Aren’t we all meant to receive our PS3 within 28 working days?

Sony Australia is so Damn Tight!!! Can’t even offer us a free Game or Movie for making us wait so damn long!!

NEXT TIME I’m Buying from SAMSUNG AUSTRALIA!

SONY AUSTRALIA DON”T VALUE THE CUSTOMER AT ALL!!!

To all the people crying and whinging about how late their PS3's are coming, get over it.

Some people purchased the bravia tv only weeks and maybe days before the promotion started at much higher prices too.

So be grateful that you will be getting anything at all. :P

^ what has that got to do with anything?

offers and free stuff will always come up. Besides, you said it yourself, they purchased a BRAVIA, which they would have been happy with, regardless of ps3.

this is about "Bonus PS3 offer, have you got the ps3 yet?" ie. discussion.

i hate people that have nothing to contribute, and then "cry and winge" about people that are "crying and whinging" If you dont like the discussion, then just leave.

I'm sure you guys will receive your ps3's soon. :)

^ what has that got to do with anything?

offers and free stuff will always come up. Besides, you said it yourself, they purchased a BRAVIA, which they would have been happy with, regardless of ps3.

this is about "Bonus PS3 offer, have you got the ps3 yet?" ie. discussion.

i hate people that have nothing to contribute, and then "cry and winge" about people that are "crying and whinging" If you dont like the discussion, then just leave.

I'm sure you guys will receive your ps3's soon. :)

Haha, how true. Nothing worse than a whinger... except someone whinging about other people whinging? ... :lol::rolleyes::P

I've made numerous phone calls, and was eventually promised an email today from someone 'higher up'. Nothing has arrived in my inbox all day. So, tomorrow the level of action gets higher. I've just sent off my complaint to Consumer Affairs.. that may take a while... so more effective action will be undertaken tomorrow. I will let you know if I find anything out that will help. :rolleyes:

Called hotline. Mine not coming until May eventhough did not receive email. Apparently, the PS3s are sent by "numerical order". I assume that this is the rego number. What a bloody stupid system. Should be on a FIFO basis. Anyway, 2 of my colleagues received theirs when they sent their claim the same time as me.

yeah, avafumi, definitely get to higher action.

sony arent giving their customers any respect at all. seriously, an e-mail saying everything has been processed is NOT at all hard, yet they give absolutely no communication. WE have to call :|