Cheapest Place To Buy A Ps3

"I got a PS3, extra controller, Blu-ray remote plus any two games of my choice for $899 at Gametraders in Perth today."

In the last few months of the ps3 60gig 'existence', retailers were doing it for $929... incl. 2 games, extra controller and remote.

Not much difference there.

Edited by ledge

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral of the story :I SCORED A FREE CONTOLLER! + this ps3 is alot quieter & has later firmware installed. yay! :D

The first one you bought wasn't by any chance a "just as good as new, we call it EB Games new" second-hand 60GB console, by any chance?

There is no other reason why you'd get one a few days later that was *noticeably* quieter and had newer firmware.

MrMan, if you were my kid i'd make you take the controller back, and ground you. that was just dishonest. i have nothing against accidental freebies, but technically you stole. :(

Are you kidding me! I stole nothing ,its not my fault the guy didnt want to do his job properly . He could of checked the box & taken the controller out of the replacement PS3 he gave me.Or even asked me "mate is it all there" to which i would of replied "lets check" but did he , not even, to busy. .Who knows what else he lost by chucking the fautly one out the back in a heap , not boxed up.Im sure im not the first & wont be the last.Theres has to be some sort of consequence for the inconvience caused, I live 75 kms away.With the prices they charge on their games im sure they'll live.

The first one you bought wasn't by any chance a "just as good as new, we call it EB Games new" second-hand 60GB console, by any chance?

There is no other reason why you'd get one a few days later that was *noticeably* quieter and had newer firmware.

I know smells fishy to me to.All i can put it down to was a bad batch maybe, but on this new 1 i cant hear the fan at all.We watched Underworld last night on Bluray & i didnt hear the fan kick in at all.This PS3 came with a 'Playstation Network' catalogue aswell in the instructions which the first one didnt have , plus firmware 2.0 instead of 1.93. Maybe they got a new batch in since sunday, or im thinking is a noisy fan enough reason for someone to be able to take it back for a replacement & maybe first time round i got one someone had returned as they complained about the fan ... not sure, but happy.

Edit: if they got new stock in & still had some old stock left & didnt rotate the old with the new, maybe i just got a newer one.Im sure sony realese them with the latest firmware at the time.

yep, and then bragging about it in public ?

poor form indeed.

Not bragging just letting everyone know if an "accidental freebie" is gonna happen, EB's the place! Jealousy will get you nowhere buddy!

Edited by MrMan

Not bragging just letting everyone know if an "accidental freebie" is gonna happen, EB's the place! Jealousy will get you nowhere buddy!

It's not an "accidental freebie" when you intentionally leave it out of the box.

And I'm not jealous at all. I work hard for my money and am happy to pay for the things I own.

• Volunteer
Moral of the story :I SCORED A FREE CONTOLLER! + this ps3 is alot quieter & has later firmware installed. yay! :D

I'm afraid morals is something of which you are sorely in lack of. :(

I can't believe how dishonest some people can be. :angry:

I'm afraid morals is something of which you are sorely in lack of. :(

I can't believe how dishonest some people can be. :angry:

Morals? Dude i dont know what squeaky clean, silver spoon, cotton wool world you come from but it was his stuff up not mine! What about the inconvience it caused me! Like i said there was nothing stopping him checking & he didnt ask me! Its a controller! Big Deal! Im sorry i even mentioned it.Really! Its not like i slipped something under my shirt ,but ill go hand myself in anyway.

Edited by MrMan

MrMan I reckon you did well.

All the whingers are jealous they didnt think

of doing the same thing.

These companies rip people off every day.

Its not like he stole it from a little kid, unlike EBs.

Cheers Glenn

Edited by stanley72

• Volunteer
Morals? Dude i dont know what squeaky clean, silver spoon, cotton wool world you come from but it was his stuff up not mine! What about the inconvience it caused me! Like i said there was nothing stopping him checking & he didnt ask me! Its a controller! Big Deal! Im sorry i even mentioned it.Really! Its not like i slipped something under my shirt ,but ill go hand myself in anyway.

It may have been his stuff up but you were fully aware of it and an honest person would have pointed it out to him.

I have been given too much change in shops at times and I have always pointed it out to the shop assistant so that they can rectify the situation.

It has nothing to do with any squeaky clean, silver spoon, cotton wool world, it has to do with honesty and morals, something sadly lacking in this world today, and something that I think I have instilled in my children, who would never have behaved in such a manner.

Edited by Kazz

• Volunteer
MrMan I reckon you did well.

All the whingers are jealous they didnt think

of doing the same thing.

These companies rip people off every day.

Its not like he stole it from a little kid, unlike EBs.

Cheers Glenn

No jealousy involved.

I don't need to steal the things I want I pay for them.

Thanks. although im not completley sure after reading some of the comments here. It was like after he saw my frustration he didnt want to check the box as if he was expecting it & was doing me a favour. I dont know.whatever. Its a dog eat dog world!

thinking i could pull some sort of swifty or just plain make out i forgot to pack it.[/b]

Moral of the story :I SCORED A FREE CONTOLLER!

Morals?

Yeah, those things that we parents try and instil in our children.

The things that make the world a better place to live in.

What about the inconvience it caused me!

Get your hand off it :rolleyes:

So the inconvenience of getting the console replaced justifies you committing pre-meditated theft ?

Like i said there was nothing stopping him checking & he didnt ask me!

Would you use the same logic on someone sticking DVDs under their jacket as they leave a store ?

I mean surely it's the same thing, it's their job to ask if you are stealing, right ?

Its a controller! Big Deal!

So at what point exactly does theft become a "big deal" ?

A DVD ?

A DVD player ?

A TV ?

A car ?

Im sorry i even mentioned it.Really!

I bet you are.

It may have been his stuff up but you were fully aware of it and an honest person would have pointed it out to him.

I have been given too much change in shops at times and I have always pointed it out to the shop assistant so that they can rectify the situation.

It has nothing to do with any squeaky clean, silver spoon, cotton wool world, it has to do with honesty and morals, something sadly lacking in this world today, and something that I think I have instilled in my children, who would never have behaved in such a manner.

Are you kidding me! I suppose you dont J-Walk either & wear skivvy's.What colours your halo? I give up , ok i was wrong. Sorry all.

• Volunteer
Are you kidding me! I suppose you dont J-Walk either & wear skivvy's.What colours your halo? I give up , ok i was wrong. Sorry all.

You're not sorry at all, your sarcastic little posts prove that, youre just sorry we didn't all congratulate you for what was out and out theft. :angry::angry::angry:

You're not sorry at all, your sarcastic little posts prove that, youre just sorry we didn't all congratulate you for what was out and out theft. :angry::angry::angry:

Theft is a crime by punishment , if you think i could get charged for that, you need your head read! there is no way its the same thing as putting something in your pocket.Mate if your such a fairy , report me , you want the number?Go have a sulk. Im not biting anymore.

• Volunteer
Theft is a crime by punishment , if you think i could get charged for that, you need your head read! there is no way its the same thing as putting something in your pocket.Mate if your such a fairy , report me , you want the number?Go have a sulk. Im not biting anymore.

No not a fairy actually, just a mother who is trying to teach her kids the right way to live their lives, who is not impressed by someone boasting about how he managed to steal something from a store. I think you have a lot of growing up to do.

Steals something. Claims coz the salesman didn't notice that its not stealing.

You my friend are a dog.

Go find another forum to brag about being a criminal.

Ok righto. Is that your 2 cents worth? How original. Why dont you just repeat what someone else said above. What a bunch of stiffs.Give him a break, i know alot of people who have done worse. And by the way im sure he's not your friend.