New Samsung 120hz Lcd Screen...

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum. I am located in Melbourne and have been getting people together for a group buy for the new LA46F81 Samsung and free 26" R7 offer. If anyone is interested the purchase is going to be made through Retra Vision store Cash $3290. 2% extra for Credit Card. If anyone is interested let me know.

Hi,

New to this forum as well. Been following it for quite some time. I am definitely interested and also in Melbourne. Can you count me in? When will the purchase take place - hopefully before the end of the promotion. How do I get details on the group buy? Thanks.

Brian

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, where abouts in Melbourne are you from, that is a very good deal. At this stage without the TV being available in stores I have so far priced it around the $3500 mark. So at your price I would be very interested in purchasing with you.

At JB in Preston they were installing the LA40F81 yesterday and I will tell you the picture was amazing. It stood out from all other LCD's, this is clearly going to sell well...

Hi. I live in Bundoora. I have been to JB in Preston and had a look at the 40". They got stocks last Thursday. Looks great.

Hi,

New to this forum as well. Been following it for quite some time. I am definitely interested and also in Melbourne. Can you count me in? When will the purchase take place - hopefully before the end of the promotion. How do I get details on the group buy? Thanks.

Brian

Hi, I need to get at least 20 people together by the 30th of Novemeber. You can contact me on 0414 49 8835. My name is Douglas.

the problem with the LED lighting is it operates in 'banks'. there are 2 knows issues with this and 1 is there is a 'ball effect' where (on avsforums) people are saying the led backlighting can't keep up with the panel and you get a smearing effect. Additionally, because in really dark scenes the LED's can switch off, it can rate very highly on contrast tests. however when you have a mix of light and dark you're back to normal, or if not then you lose the light detail becuase the bank of LED's is 'off'. Cnet still gave the editors choice to the XBR...

as far as i'm aware, there's also a 'normally' backlit model that's really good as well... not sure if we'll get that here though.

ugh you edited out the link to avs, but yeah those comments on avs just killed me, I was so looking forward to the LED model and not only found out that there are issues being reported with the first generation that's not even out in Australia, but also there are issues with the 120/100Hz technologies on both Samsung and Sony HDTVs, and then that even same model TVs look different to each other as well... All I wanted was a properly working 40" LED backlighting model, how HARD can it be GEESH !!!

Hi, I need to get at least 20 people together by the 30th of Novemeber. You can contact me on 0414 49 8835. My name is Douglas.

Count me in as well! How exactly will it work though? I am a newbie to group buys (as I guess most of us are). Once you have some more details together, let us know!

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum. I am located in Melbourne and have been getting people together for a group buy for the new LA46F81 Samsung and free 26" R7 offer. If anyone is interested the purchase is going to be made through Retra Vision store Cash $3290. 2% extra for Credit Card. If anyone is interested let me know.

douglas,

did they mention a suitable price for the 40" F81?

Count me in as well! How exactly will it work though? I am a newbie to group buys (as I guess most of us are). Once you have some more details together, let us know!

Email me your details and i'll place your name on the list. Once I have 20+ names i'll place the order. All the money and deposits will be placed through Retra Vision.

DouglasG: start a dedicated thread mate, I think you'll get a lot more action that way. ;)

Add my name to the list as interested, I was considering the 40" model but may be swayed up to the 46 if I can get it past the Minister of Finance...

Hi

I was about to order one of these from HN on the weekend but there price was $3700.

If anyone in Brisbane is interested in a group buy please PM me and I will do the legwork and try and arrange a good deal with a Retravision up here.

Hi paulcut,

I can't PM you, so I'll have to hope you see this post.

I'm in Bris and interest in this LCD TV. Is this for a 46"?

DouglasG: start a dedicated thread mate, I think you'll get a lot more action that way. ;)

Add my name to the list as interested, I was considering the 40" model but may be swayed up to the 46 if I can get it past the Minister of Finance...

Hi, just started a new thread Topis "Samung LA46F81 46" + 26" Group Buy"

I can match this for a group of 20. I will not charge extra if you choose to purchase via credit card.

Shipping is extra and I can ship this with insurance around Australia.

I will create a new part number on my web site once I get 20 who PM me however I have found in the past that it has been difficult to get this many people to do a group buy when it is a high value product.

Edited by mastiha

I forgot to mention that I will also still provide the 2% discount on the group buy price if you pay by direct deposit. This would minimize the shipping charges and, in many cases, almost negate it completely.

I will provide a coupon code once the 20 is reached for this discount and I will provide updates from time to time on how many people have joined the group buy.

I can match this for a group of 20. I will not charge extra if you choose to purchase via credit card.

Shipping is extra and I can ship this with insurance around Australia.

I will create a new part number on my web site once I get 20 who PM me however I have found in the past that it has been difficult to get this many people to do a group buy when it is a high value product.

Hi mastiha

What is the "walk-in, cash deposit and cash paid at pickup" price for the LA46F81BDX ? Do i qualify for the 2% discount? Thanks

Hi everyone, just an update i have 9 people so far from Melbourne.

so how would the payment be done, do all 20 people show up at the shop at the same time so it's basically limited to Melbourne residents or is there some money transferring involved which would make it a bit o.O?

Hi mastiha

What is the "walk-in, cash deposit and cash paid at pickup" price for the LA46F81BDX ? Do i qualify for the 2% discount? Thanks

All our orders are shipped directly from the distributor to the customer and is covered by insurance.

Based on what we have listed on our site at the moment. The 2% direct deposit discount on $3399 is approx $68.

Hi

I was about to order one of these from HN on the weekend but there price was $3700.

If anyone in Brisbane is interested in a group buy please PM me and I will do the legwork and try and arrange a good deal with a Retravision up here.

Just a quick update. One of the major retailers in Brisbane has quoted me $3400 for the 46" F8 if I can organise 5 people.

PM me if you are interested and want the details. BTW this was a credit card price.

so how would the payment be done, do all 20 people show up at the shop at the same time so it's basically limited to Melbourne residents or is there some money transferring involved which would make it a bit o.O?

Hi, the way it is going to work is once i have 20 people I will give the list to Retra vision. Each person needs to pay a deposit of $10% to Retra vision. Once stock arrives each person can pick up the TV or arrange delivery.