Beyonwiz Dp-p1

Your first port of call should be here.

I think quite a few people have successfully used a wireless extender to link their P1 to their home network - but you'd want one that connects to the ethernet port, not the USB.

Copying and moving stuff to an external HDD connected to the USB port is simple. In fact, less than simple.

"...And they're very cool for cats"

Cheers for the reply....glad I could "squeeze" one out of you.

It is just that I have a spare Belkin N1 USB Wireless Adaptor so thought of using that.

Edit:

I have also found a D-Link DWL-G810 Ethernet Adaptor......but can't get the P1 to see it thru DHCP.

How do you manually change the IP settings in the P1 if DHCP is disabled and you must input manually?

I wanted to input the IP in manually but could not edit out the 'default' settings....!

;)

FG

Edited by FlashGordon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet, I have thought about it. I was also wondering about dual connection between the BW and the LCD (comp & DVI) and switching the BW inputs (pending if its SD or HD). I would need to test this to see if it woud work, although getting DVI to work is my first preference.

I have my S1 connected to my LCD via a HDMI>DVI cable and the PQ is brilliant. Definitely better than my toppy's component (via a RGB>YUV convertor) which is very good. If you use an adaptor get one that plugs into the TV's DVI port and uses a HDMI cable and not one that plugs into the PVR's HDMI port and uses a DVI cable because the large adaptor can block access to other ports on the back of the PVR.

Don't know if anyone else is watching, but i've got a funny glitch I guess when watching So You Think You Can Dance. When it goes to switch to 5.1 the video will glitch a bit as well? Solved by recording and watching later and just skipping all the ads :P

I noticed this issue occassionaly when CH10 were broadcasting "Idol" in DD5.1. It was happening both on the BW and through the tuner on my TV, so I am confident it is a braodcast issue, not related to the BW. It only happened during that one partucular show, for one episode, and not since in all of the viewing since.

I tried JB in Camberwell, no dice even showing the receipt. $910 was best they would do. So I drove to Nunawading and tried Good Guys, they had the old P1 and after some discussions would do it for $840 for me. Walked to JB in same complex and they had the new (250GB) model and he could only do $890. So I walked down to HN and after some discussion they offered to do it for $870 (250GB). Decided I couldn't be bothered taking any more time to find a better deal and took it.

They all seemed wary of people researching on the net and claimed that $760 was too low. I am wondering if that is price some places are doing to get rid of the older 200GB models? Anyway happy enough and hopefully I wont miss my Toppy and it's TAPs too much when I swap over.

...Walked to JB in same complex and they had the new (250GB) model and he could only do $890. So I walked down to HN and after some discussion they offered to do it for $870 (250GB)...

They all seemed wary of people researching on the net and claimed that $760 was too low. I am wondering if that is price some places are doing to get rid of the older 200GB models?

That's the first I have heard of a 250GB model....are you sure????? :blink:

I bought my P1 about 3 weeks ago from HN Moorabbin in Vic for $780 on Credit Card and a mate bought one of the new 250GB at Moorabbin Good Guys for $760 cash. He thought it was too good to be true. They had the 200gb in stock too but they were $800. Guess they are rebating or have dropped their Net into Store prices.

If you want to get your Matroska files working on the Beyonwiz, the new version of TSMuxer works a treat now.

Latest beta download

Info

Worked well on all MKV files I have tried so far (720p firstly, will test 1080p too)

Thank you for that information. I've been trying to work out how to get these to play on the BW and this program works brilliantly - the quality of the .ts file loses very little in comparison to the much larger HD file recorded by the BW.

Guest Joffa1503560522

HI, I am interested in the DP P1 and have looked around here in Adelaide, but the best price so far is $900 if I pay cash!! and rising.

I wonder how much would it cost to courier one over from eastern states if I bought one via CC for these

great prices you guys are mentioning to have paid!! A guy here at Truscotts said that these cheap prices (I mentioned) where because of

bulk buying, as Here the Beyonwiz only exists (it seems) in a few shops only.

Truscotts - Melrose park $970 or $900 cash (Have to order one in)

Harvey Normal - Marion $ 1099 :angry2: (in stock)

Good Guys $ 970 (Not actually in stock)

JB HiFi - Marion $ 970 ( in stock)

Cheers

Joffa

Edited by Joffa1503560522

I bought my P1 about 3 weeks ago from HN Moorabbin in Vic for $780 on Credit Card and a mate bought one of the new 250GB at Moorabbin Good Guys for $760 cash. He thought it was too good to be true. They had the 200gb in stock too but they were $800. Guess they are rebating or have dropped their Net into Store prices.

I don't get it, the 200Gb was $800 but the 250Gb was $760?

G'Day

I've replaced the Toppie 7000 with the DP-P1 and it's a vast improvement in reliability and picture.

Only drama i have so far is it's not recognising the HDMI input.

Component 1080i works fine but in the A/V menu, when setting the HDMI to either auto or 1080i, it comes up with an error saying HDMI not detected.

The cable is fine as it worked on the Toppy.

Is this a fault with the unit?

Cheers

HDMI should work fine. I have mine hooked up via HDMI to my Pana plasma - no problems.

What display do you have or are you going through an AVR?

Have you tried cycling through the "TV Out" button on the remote? It's like the "VFormat" button on the Toppy. It cycles through the connection options.

Have you tried setting it at 720p?

rolly1, try what diesel suggested.

Keep pressing the TV-OUT button on the bwiz remote untill you get to HDMI-PAL

You should then have a picture.

Once you have a picture you can set the HDMI screen resolution to 1080 or whatever in the setup menu of the bwiz.

Guest coolguy247

Just picked up a DP-P1 from JB. Took back my Homecast, too many annoying probs.

I got the 250GB for $880. There were also some 200GB's in stock, could have got one of those for a bit less.

I got the the DP-P1 yesterday and set it up last night, very quick and simple to do.

I am in Canberra and last night I watched Lost in HD and I was very impressed, however the Family Guy preceding it was less than impressive with the image have a shimmer in places. Tonight there is nothing to watch but did put it on to see what was what and on Prime's Home and Garden I noticed that the picture was very poor. So I am unsure if it is a wise purchase.

Setup is 1080i over HDMI to the Toshiba 52" DLP.

However what may be the real deal breaker is the very noisy hard disk. We site near 4 metres from the TV, yet when the mute is on every 10-20 seconds you can hear the scratching sound of the hard disk in action.

Sadly I feel that I might have not made a wise purchase for the money.

Hi folks,

Just after a little advice. Was in at my local Retravision today, they had a DP-S1 marked down from $1500 to $990!! :blink:

Best price the salesman could do on a DP-P1 was $980. So have been tossing up between the Toppy TF7000 or the BW.

Wanted to check if this was a good deal & also whether any inherit problems are fixed in the firmware on the BW now?

Thanks in advance,

Damian

Just after a little advice. Was in at my local Retravision today, they had a DP-S1 marked down from $1500 to $990!! :blink:

Best price the salesman could do on a DP-P1 was $980. So have been tossing up between the Toppy TF7000 or the BW.

Wanted to check if this was a good deal & also whether any inherit problems are fixed in the firmware on the BW now?

Damian, that's a great price on the S1! The S1 and P1 are virtually identical internally except for WLAN and DVD player. The P1 has fewer issues because it doesn't have those features. There are still a few little bugs - none that affect recording/playback of files. Not sure if the DVD player bugs have been rectified yet, but a new FW is due out this month - BW have been pretty accurate with their FW release timetables.

Just picked up a DP-P1 from JB. Took back my Homecast, too many annoying probs.

I got the 250GB for $880. There were also some 200GB's in stock, could have got one of those for a bit less.

There was some talk on the BW forum that due to shortage of 200gb drives these ones have been used. Might be short-lived. I have seen these at JB and they're still marked for $996, same as 200g models

Damian, that's a great price on the S1! The S1 and P1 are virtually identical internally except for WLAN and DVD player. The P1 has fewer issues because it doesn't have those features. There are still a few little bugs - none that affect recording/playback of files. Not sure if the DVD player bugs have been rectified yet, but a new FW is due out this month - BW have been pretty accurate with their FW release timetables.

Thanks for the feedback Mick.

Have currently got a Toshiba HDD-J35, which I can't upgrade the firmware on. It gets the odd problem of locking up with time slipping & sound dropping out. Also running a Helios X3000 HD Networked DVD player, which is great. Had no problems with it. Not sure whether I should keep it & just replace the Toshiba with a Toppy TF7000 from Retravision for $699 (well $549 with vouchers).

It's tempting to just get the S1 to have one unit to do it all. But it might be a roll of the dice for reliability though for doing all functions.

Any body had much experience with both the Toppy & BW?

Edited by daf22

Thanks heaps bohemian and diesel. Worked fine.

I still can't believe the difference between the Toppie 7000 and DP-P1. Most HD channels on the Toppie were unwatchable due to pixelisation and sound breakup and perfect on the DP-P1. No change in aerial, cables etc.

Teddybear, we sit 3m from our unit and have no problems with HDD noise.

Cheers

Teddybear, we sit 3m from our unit and have no problems with HDD noise.

Cheers

rolly1,

Did you mute it? It is not a constant noise and in between the HD is silent, but every 10-20 seconds you will hear the HD making what can be best described as a scratching noise for about ~2 seconds.

When watching Lost live this became very annoying.

Cheers,

Teddy

Setup is 1080i over HDMI to the Toshiba 52" DLP.

However what may be the real deal breaker is the very noisy hard disk. We site near 4 metres from the TV, yet when the mute is on every 10-20 seconds you can hear the scratching sound of the hard disk in action.

Nice TV - I've got the same. :)

Yep, I can hear the Beyonwiz's HDD when the sound is muted too. I tend to watch stuff with the volume on though, and even at moderate levels it completely covers the HDD noise.