Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah definitely, i'd imagine honouring the current orders would be the noble thing to do and I think we'd all expect the future of G/B's to be shaky from now on.

Im trying to come up with a secure method of people definitely interested in Group Buys to be able to become a part of it yet keeping it highly secure & confidential. Anyone breaching the conditions wont be anonymous and would have agreed to a disclaimer prior to accessing the information.

Edited by Zacspeed

Yeah this is disappointing news but not surprising. There are some people who got some sort of jollies posting the prices of this group buy, which has the potential to ruin it for the other people trying to take part.

I for one got the prices from Ice, but worked out I couldn't afford to pay by the 15th, so just kept the prices to myself, consoled in the fact I would have to start from scratch and do my own haggling later on at the end of the year.

Its a damn shame and I hope it works out for the 70+ people who committed to take part.

I got in touch with the salesman around midday today as I had planned through him to make payment today.

As already mentioned the whole G/B has been 'suspended' due to breaches in confidentiality and leaks of information. The rules were strict to start with and some people have little or no respect for others which has caused this turn of events. For the culprit/s, you know who you are.

The issue from what I could gather has turned bigger than benhur as its not a local issue to the store/region and the directive has come from the top.

Apparently a meeting is scheduled for the head shed to sort this out. Reading between the lines it seems the problem is that as this forum is viewed by consumers nation wide their have been people demanding these prices as individuals. So the way it all came across to me is that stores more or less all over the country have been getting calls using this thread as ammo to bargain a deal & bordering on being harassing. So this G/B may be worthwhile for some in the short term but the impact of the breach of trust is perhaps going to be felt for such a long time.

So I can see now why it could be in their interests to nip it in the butt and pull the plug on this. In management deciding the outcome, im sure a transcript of this thread will be viewed. I dont say that for people to create protests in the hope they will read it but hopefully create some decorum as Ive noticed some totally needless, selfish and disrespectful posts are still being made.

For your info.

I feel sorry for Ice as its like he's copped a smack in the face and he has been very genuine and done way above the call of duty on this one.

Get a grip on yourself...I will hold your hand and take you down to another store and get the same price if you like.

You really think a store is going to stop selling a product because someone gave out there price....come on

Why dont you ring them and ask how is there stock going.

Jasckal have you tried ringing a few stores to see if they will match a price ??

Most stores here aint have them in stock yet, and price, well i havnt done my homework yet, all i know is i want one, ill have to ring round to find out best price, what u think i should get one for with 5 year warranty??

Most stores here aint have them in stock yet, and price, well i havnt done my homework yet, all i know is i want one, ill have to ring round to find out best price, what u think i should get one for with 5 year warranty??

If read this topic http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=22471 it will keep you up to date with prices. The one you are after has just come out and will take a few weeks before someone will put it up. But to answer your question about $3350 with 5yr. Ring a few local stores and ask if they will match it.

hi

i bought the 50PX70A from myer yesterday. paid $2700 and then added the 3yr warranty and paid $2950 delivered.

did i do alright or could i have pressed for more?

Yeah definitely, i'd imagine honouring the current orders would be the noble thing to do and I think we'd all expect the future of G/B's to be shaky from now on.

Im trying to come up with a secure method of people definitely interested in Group Buys to be able to become a part of it yet keeping it highly secure & confidential. Anyone breaching the conditions wont be anonymous and would have agreed to a disclaimer prior to accessing the information.

best thing is to pm the prices with out the store name. after buyer has confirmed to go though with the BG you tell the sales person to ring them. so no random curious ppl could post details.

If read this topic http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=22471 it will keep you up to date with prices. The one you are after has just come out and will take a few weeks before someone will put it up. But to answer your question about $3350 with 5yr. Ring a few local stores and ask if they will match it.

Yea id be happy paying $3350 for the 700a with 5 year warranty, wasnt long ago i was bout to pay $2800 for the 70a until i found out bout the new model, ill start making phone calls tmrw thx

Great news squeeky! :) Remember to put some photos up in the Owners Showoff Thread for the rest of us to admire!

Did you end up finding a new cabinet to plonk it on?

Cant seem to find the Owners Showoff thread for images?

Currently using my old sony 80cm stand which doesn't really do it justice though.

Im really impressed with the audio on this set and not just the image.

Nath, let me know if you miss out on getting the 700a becuase of recent events.

If so, then Im prepared to offer some $$ your way to assist in making up some of the difference.

Cheers bud !

Currently using my old sony 80cm stand which doesn't really do it justice though.

If so, then Im prepared to offer some $$ your way to assist in making up some of the difference.

Cheers bud !

Try here http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=52848

You really think Nathan didnt get his Plasma???? HE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE.

To all owners of any the 10th Gen screens - How are you finding the brightness / white levels? So hard to tell in the stores, I kind of find them looking a little flat. I know most of the competing plasma's / LCD's have their settings cranked up by default to fight for attention and I was hoping the panas look fine with realistic colours/tones when set up properly in a home environment. I'm still very keen to get one - can anybody comment from experience?

Thanks in advance.

Try here http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=52848

You really think Nathan didnt get his Plasma???? HE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE.

Mate, think what you wish.

I am still waiting for a cheque to clear from Samsung, as my 42" sammy was picked up last friday.

No $$ = no tv.

I have been buggered around by the above soo many times, i could write a 5000 word essay on my experience with them.

Dont you think that i'd have pics up by now........

Teacplasma - did you purchase a Panel through this group buy?

Edited by Ice_Magik

Cheers bud !

Couldnt let you do that mate, anyhow, the G/B isnt over yet!

Mate, think what you wish.

I am still waiting for a cheque to clear from Samsung, as my 42" sammy was picked up last friday.

No $$ = no tv.

I have been buggered around by the above soo many times, i could write a 5000 word essay on my experience with them.

Dont you think that i'd have pics up by now........

Teacplasma - did you purchase a Panel through this group buy?

Quote from Ice 31st july

"any1 interested in a Group Buy ?

im wanting to buy a TH-50PX70A as soon as possible ! "

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...st&p=735658 31st july

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x170/Ic...ik/DSCF0017.jpg

Teacplasma...

Seem to be able to spot the stand, 360, 360 games, dvd player, receiver, speakers, and the make-doo curtains because the others are being washed............what can't i spot ?

Teac, if you have nothing better to do than stir the pot, please leave this thread alone.

Edited by Ice_Magik