Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

That's why I went with the GB too. I could have spent a few weekends visiting different retailers, and trying haggle with various salesmen. The GB meant that I put in no effort, and was getting a fair price that had already been negotiated. All I had to do was go to the store and pay. I also have confidence in the retailer's reputation and warranty conditions (eg transferrable, and not fixed to a dollar limit). And I know I'm not being taken for a ride, and overpaying - as the price will be reasonable given that 70+ TVs have been ordered. Furthermore, the retailer has stock available NOW - which is another factor in my decision to go with the GB.

My TV is coming tomorrow morning (700a). The delivery team called me around midday today to confirm my address, and the time tomorrow. Fingers crosses everything goes ok - I will post some pictures if I can.

Whilst I can understand some of the negative comments in the thread about people being able to get better prices, or why things must be kept confidential. But if the GB works this time, and we respect the rules, there may be future opportunities to anyone who either missed out, or wants a different product. The fully HD PZ series is coming out, and I'm sure that there are many people who are waiting for that. Or maybe some of the 70 people who were on this GB may want to buy HD/Blue ray players...

Precisely the reason I went for the GB, pksw. I went to three local retailers last Thursday with SWMBO to check out the sets and finalise our decision re 42" or 50" (went for the 50" 700A and sent my order to Ice that evening). Not one of the retailers even knew that the 700A existed and not one of them had the 70A in stock other than the floor sample.

Their prices were not in the ball park either.

Now all I need is the phone call :lol::rolleyes:

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I went with the GB too. I could have spent a few weekends visiting different retailers, and trying haggle with various salesmen. The GB meant that I put in no effort, and was getting a fair price that had already been negotiated. All I had to do was go to the store and pay. I also have confidence in the retailer's reputation and warranty conditions (eg transferrable, and not fixed to a dollar limit).
Precisely the reason I went for the GB, pksw. I went to three local retailers last Thursday with SWMBO to check out the sets and finalise our decision re 42" or 50" (went for the 50" 700A and sent my order to Ice that evening). Not one of the retailers even knew that the 700A existed and not one of them had the 70A in stock other than the floor sample.

Their prices were not in the ball park either.

Now all I need is the phone call :lol::rolleyes:

Ditto the above.

Fantastic work on the GB Ice_Magik!!

I was pretty lucky to have got my order in just before the GB closed.

Am waiting for my phone call too now :)

Guest krommas
Ditto the above.

Fantastic work on the GB Ice_Magik!!

I was pretty lucky to have got my order in just before the GB closed.

Am waiting for my phone call too now :)

Ice Majic

Any chance of a last ditch efforto to buy a TV. Have cash now!!!!!!

Looking at a 700A!

Ice Majic

Any chance of a last ditch efforto to buy a TV. Have cash now!!!!!!

Looking at a 700A!

The group buy and deal closed prematurely due to some mindless moron making the strictly confidential information public. So i'd say unfortunately you've missed the boat.

The cut off was the 12th of Aug but ended a couple days premature due to the information leak.

Good stuff Squeeks!!!

Pics mate

To those who keep asking about the buy, and if they can squeeze in..

I'll call the suplier tomorrow and see if i can squeeze in up to 5 more.

I highly doubt it, but i'll see.

Nate,

if you're speaking with him tomorrow, make sure to ask about the NSW orders....I'm hanging out for mine :rolleyes: !!!!

All those pics are making us north of the border waiting in anticipation for our call!!!!! :o

Nate,

if you're speaking with him tomorrow, make sure to ask about the NSW orders....I'm hanging out for mine :rolleyes: !!!!

All those pics are making us north of the border waiting in anticipation for our call!!!!! :o

yeah mate i'll put my foot through the phone and into his a$$ if he doesnt get into hyper-invoice mode!

To those that want me to find out about a few extra TV's, PM ME ASAP.

Good stuff Squeeks!!!

Pics mate

To those who keep asking about the buy, and if they can squeeze in..

I'll call the suplier tomorrow and see if i can squeeze in up to 5 more.

I highly doubt it, but i'll see.

I would also be interested if there were a secondary group buy happening :)

OOhhh lets get this clear quickly....

There is NO secondary group buy...

There MIGHT, MIGHT be the opportunity for a few sneak in Purchase Orders......MIGHT

I dont want interest, i want Definates.

i wont know until i make some calls tomorrow.

Edited by Ice_Magik

'll put my foot through the phone and into his a$$ if he doesnt get into hyper-invoice mode!

Ice, as long as you don't damage his fingers I don't care where you put your put. Will not be more than 2 feet from my phone all day tomorrow waiting for the call. For all those that have their screens I'm happy for you but can you stop saying how good it looks and can't wait for the footy etc because it's killing me. Well maybe not, I just want to play as well. :P

Hoss

There MIGHT, MIGHT be the opportunity for a few sneak in Purchase Orders......MIGHT

I am a definite as was going to put a deposit on 700A today!! First post, am chasing rpice list please IM.

I hope Greg hasn't got a female (East) Indian accent :blush: , I hung up on one of those rather abruptly yesterday evening :angry2:

I too hope that today's the day. You bloody Mexicans get all the boodle :rolleyes: Ah well, I guess that's what we pay for the weather up here :wub:

Not all of us vics have our tv's yet mate...... :unsure:

I'll speak with our man today, and see where he's at!

Nath

Edited by Ice_Magik

Ice i know the prices we're leaked but did the salesguy find out or soemthing?? i mean wouldn't he want to move more stock if there are still interested buyers??

just my thought...

You'd think he would want to keep selling these things..

But at the low prices he's selling them for, why would you keep pushing them out for Very little margin when you know they'll sell anyway for the prices they advertise!

I guess all those still wanting a plasma if someone is game enough is welcome to start their own new thread for a NEW group buy?? And help those still wanting that missed out?

I met our salesguy on Sunday when I went in to pay for my order.

He's one of the nicest guys you'll meet, was absolutely flat out, come 5pm on Sunday he was thinking of taking his lunch break.

Ice_Magik, you've organised the best group buy I've ever seen, not only is the price great but the entire process from simply replying with a yes to placing the order, making payment, having a call yesterday to confirm my delivery for today and no doubt in a few hours I'll be looking at a big fat heavy box, has been the pinnacle of simplicity.

It must have been quite an ordel for yourself making it happen but there are ALOT of ppl thankful for your efforts. 74 was the last number I saw, keep in mind that's like over $200 000 being pushed thru this one group buy, thanks to your efforts.

I know I owe you one, and hope to be able to return the favour one day.

So everyone, please stop hassling Ice, he's done more than most and doesn't need crap from bystanders.

I need a good price on a Pioneer amp and wharfedale speakers so hoping some more group buys pop up!

Cheers

Ian