Foxtel & The Logitech Harmony Remote

I use TDS-460NF for my IQ sat box and everything goes fine. Not sure if the dash character matters? The command for previous/back in the logitech database is called "BackUp". Not sure about the "Foxtel" button since i dont use that, although having a quick squiz now, id say the "Input Sky" would be the one to try. Of course you can always learn it if it isnt already in the database. Dont know what you mean by the "R" button, unless you mean record, which is in the logitech database as "Record"

More reading, got it figured, thanks for the tips.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it for a while now, back to using my Foxtel and XBox remotre, the play, ff buttons etc are just to small to make the thing practical to use. looking for something else :(

If only they could copy the Foxtel Iq remote layout and add a screen somewhere all would be sweet :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster...

Just bought a Harmony One and it was easy to setup. Went throught the "favourite channels" setup for the Harmony, added icons etc. looking great, but when i press the touchscreen buttons for the faves, nothing happens. Like its not telling the remote to press the channel numbers as entered.

Anyone else had this problem, and/or know how to fix it?

Thanx.

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster...

Just bought a Harmony One and it was easy to setup. Went throught the "favourite channels" setup for the Harmony, added icons etc. looking great, but when i press the touchscreen buttons for the faves, nothing happens. Like its not telling the remote to press the channel numbers as entered.

Anyone else had this problem, and/or know how to fix it?

Thanx.

hmm yeah i had a similair problem with my 785 and unfortunately i think it lies with the activity for which your trying to set the favourite channels (follow me if you can :-)

I had 2 activities for 2 sets of inputs/settings; I had one for when i wanted to WATCH Foxtel without recording, and another for when i wanted to RECORD foxtel through a HDD recorder

when I set Activity 1 as watching FOXTEL - it expects that your using a seperate STB (not the television) to change channels and all Favourite Channel commands are sent to the STB

I then set up Activity 2 as recording FOXTEL, and even though the channel change + & - buttons and 0-9 buttons are all set to still control the Foxtel STB - the favourite channels commands are now sent to the HDD and thus not working

I think this might be your problem - unfortunately you may need to scrap the activity and start again

mine took me a fair bit of fiddling and tweaking to get right but is absolutely sensational now! very much worth it

Edited by Illuzive

hmm yeah i had a similair problem with my 785 and unfortunately i think it lies with the activity for which your trying to set the favourite channels (follow me if you can :-)

I had 2 activities for 2 sets of inputs/settings; I had one for when i wanted to WATCH Foxtel without recording, and another for when i wanted to RECORD foxtel through a HDD recorder

when I set Activity 1 as watching FOXTEL - it expects that your using a seperate STB (not the television) to change channels and all Favourite Channel commands are sent to the STB

I then set up Activity 2 as recording FOXTEL, and even though the channel change + & - buttons and 0-9 buttons are all set to still control the Foxtel STB - the favourite channels commands are now sent to the HDD and thus not working

I think this might be your problem - unfortunately you may need to scrap the activity and start again

mine took me a fair bit of fiddling and tweaking to get right but is absolutely sensational now! very much worth it

Illuzive, your post triggered something I should have thought of. It seems the favourite command was getting sent to my HDD recorder. Started again and found that Instead of "Satellite>Foxtel>Model Number" I should have set it as "PVR>FOXTEL>IQ"

Thanx so much for your post, and you're right, amazing now that its fully functional.

Cheers,

WolfMan08

I have Foxtel IQ and have just purchased the Harmony 525 remote. Can somebody tell me what button they use on the Harmony that equates to the "Planner" button on the foxtel??

I use the Menu button for Planner and exit for back. Once you get used to it, it becomes intuitive.

I use the Harmony One and dont have any lag. I used the Foxtel IQ2 profile in the device setup. I used to use the TDC-460NF but a firmware change introduced some issues. :blink:

• 2 months later...

Just got the Foxtel iQ2 and have setup my Harmony 520 Remote for use with the iQ2 and everything is working really well except for one thing that I cannot figure out how to setup and maybe someone here has worked it out?

The problem is that when holding the Rewind or Forward button on the original iQ2 remote it takes you to the start or end(depending on whether you held the rewind or forward button) of the recording after about 3 seconds of holding the button but I cannot get the Harmony remote to replicate this!

On the Harmony Remote pressing and holding the rewind or forward button just brings up the first phase of the rewind of forward functions 2x instead of <|

Anyone solved this for the harmony?