Battlestar Galactica Schedule

Yeah dude, channel 10 can get fracked! I just noticed the re-arrival of BSG as well but it is too late for Ch 10 now, when they pulled it off the air those couple of months ago I upped and joined Quickflix and have been enjoying season 2 of BSG at my convenience, not Ch frackin 10's. One more viewer lost to FTA and for no reason other than their slackness.

It's not that they don't have the right to alter their schedule, of course they do, it's their station. But it's the total lack of communication before, during and after the event that bugs the hell out of me. OK, BSG was not averaging 1.7M viewers a week but still there are many thousands of people actually watching and these people were treated like prize chumps by Ten. There was no announcement that the show would go into hiatus for 2 months, no short 10 second on-screen notice at the scheduled time the first Wed night it was pulled, and no notification that it is back on, except if you happen to be scanning the program guide for post-midnight fare on Sunday. There is still no news of this on Ten's website, BSG isn't even listed as one of their programs. On one of these earlier posts someone had to go to the trouble of calling these cretins at Ten to even get an answer as to what had happened to BSG. It's like tracking down a forensic lead on a murder, with a similar effort level, just to find out what should be easily available. Memo to Ch Ten tosspots: THAT'S WHAT YOUR WEBSITE IS FOR, COMMUNICATION!!!!

How many people out there, good-hearted citizens like myself, programmed their PVR/PC/VCR to record BSG those few months ago, only to awaken the next day to the idiotic ramblings of a bunch of D-grade celebrities on Joker Poker. And gee, hasn't that rated well for them??!! The only pokers doing the rounds at Ch 10 should be the ones that get rammed up the dates of management.

It amazes me, in the increasingly firece battle FTA stations are fighting against piracy, the internet etc, you would think they would treat those still watching with a bit of concern, trying to keep them happy and watching those sponsor's ads. Instead, it's like they are trying to deliberately cast them off. Maybe they'll get a tax break if they become a not-for-profit ...

And who the hell is gunna be watching TV at that god-forsaken hour of Monday morning? To quote Homer Simpson from the snow plough episode: "Alcoholics. The unemployed. Angry loners." Channel 10 - get f***ed!

There, I feel better now ...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people out there, good-hearted citizens like myself, programmed their PVR/PC/VCR to record BSG those few months ago, only to awaken the next day to the idiotic ramblings of a bunch of D-grade celebrities on Joker Poker.

Now I know there were at least two of us! :blink:

Valid points about TEN's lack of use of its website and the almost 'nod-nod/wink-wink' approach to folk who use other methods to see the remainder of a series.

But maybe if TEN can get its program airings up to date with United States program schedules we may have a better chance that shows will get longer runs. Of course on again/off again shows like The 4400 make this highly questionable? :D

Thanks Bishop. I would have missed that had I not read it here.

Hey, Seven aren't much better. They did the same deal with Atlantis, running three episodes into Season 2 then pulling it off without warning. I rang them and they had no idea when it was coming back. All they would say was sometime in 2007, duh! I hate TV programmers.

Bit of goss here about a possible Battlestar Movie direct to DVD

http://www.yourtv.com.au/news/index.cfm?i=112654

The commercial tv networks really treat scifi fans with contempt.

Perhaps they are presuming we've already downloaded all the eps.

Self fulfilling expectation?

Nope they just look at the piss poor ratings and realise its not worth showing SF at a reasonable hour.

Maybe, but not many sf shows have ever had a good run at a reasonable viewing hour, so it's difficult to say how a show like BSG would rate. It is well known that if you shuffle any show around the schedule too much it will lose viewer support. If a show is quality (and BSG is, most critics agree), is supported by a network in terms of promotion and scheduling, and is given a decent run at building an audience then it will usually reap rewards in terms of solid and consistent ratings.

How many viewers like me, Bishop and eyestrain have now switched off from the FTA BSG, and if this is reflected in the ratings then the network may feel justified in saying "Look, the ratings are down, it's not a good show." However, us three and more may still be there watching if it would have been aired at the same time slot and straight through, not pulled for 2 months.

The other point, and I welcome input from anyone who knows more than me, is that I am unsure if the OZTAM rating system picks up on programs that are recorded and watched at a later time, as opposed to being watched 'live'. If it is true that it doesn't, then shows on at post 11pm timeslots will suffer as not many are up watching them live. It's why there is a 'prime time', when advertising rates are at a premium, as this is when the most sets of eyeballs are pointed at the screen. So a program like BSG may not show as having many viewers when in fact many of us are recording it for off-air watching. I don't think repeats of Sex and the City or Kenneth Copeland are attracting big ratings, only to have a slump as BSG comes on. Nothing rates in the 1M - 2M viewer range post-midnight (live sport aside), otherwise the network would shift it to 8:30pm to get even more viewers.

How many viewers like me, Bishop and eyestrain have now switched off from the FTA BSG,

Me, about two years back, add to that most sf programs that have hit our screens. However I still like to watch the broadcasts with higher PQ. Don't know about OZTAM but I agree with your other points.

Edit: Like I still watch them but not so much FTA anymore.

Yeah dude, channel 10 can get fracked! I just noticed the re-arrival of BSG as well but it is too late for Ch 10 now, when they pulled it off the air those couple of months ago I upped and joined Quickflix and have been enjoying season 2 of BSG at my convenience, not Ch frackin 10's. One more viewer lost to FTA and for no reason other than their slackness.

It's not that they don't have the right to alter their schedule, of course they do, it's their station. But it's the total lack of communication before, during and after the event that bugs the hell out of me. OK, BSG was not averaging 1.7M viewers a week but still there are many thousands of people actually watching and these people were treated like prize chumps by Ten. There was no announcement that the show would go into hiatus for 2 months, no short 10 second on-screen notice at the scheduled time the first Wed night it was pulled, and no notification that it is back on, except if you happen to be scanning the program guide for post-midnight fare on Sunday. There is still no news of this on Ten's website, BSG isn't even listed as one of their programs. On one of these earlier posts someone had to go to the trouble of calling these cretins at Ten to even get an answer as to what had happened to BSG. It's like tracking down a forensic lead on a murder, with a similar effort level, just to find out what should be easily available. Memo to Ch Ten tosspots: THAT'S WHAT YOUR WEBSITE IS FOR, COMMUNICATION!!!!

How many people out there, good-hearted citizens like myself, programmed their PVR/PC/VCR to record BSG those few months ago, only to awaken the next day to the idiotic ramblings of a bunch of D-grade celebrities on Joker Poker. And gee, hasn't that rated well for them??!! The only pokers doing the rounds at Ch 10 should be the ones that get rammed up the dates of management.

It amazes me, in the increasingly firece battle FTA stations are fighting against piracy, the internet etc, you would think they would treat those still watching with a bit of concern, trying to keep them happy and watching those sponsor's ads. Instead, it's like they are trying to deliberately cast them off. Maybe they'll get a tax break if they become a not-for-profit ...

And who the hell is gunna be watching TV at that god-forsaken hour of Monday morning? To quote Homer Simpson from the snow plough episode: "Alcoholics. The unemployed. Angry loners." Channel 10 - get f***ed!

There, I feel better now ...

I don't....

I hate you TEN! Just by accident today I learnt that you returned BSG yersterday (techincally, this morning) without even any kind of advertising.

That's the only frakin' show I watch on your channel and still you managed to pi*s me off. Good one.

I don't....

I hate you TEN! Just by accident today I learnt that you returned BSG yersterday (techincally, this morning) without even any kind of advertising.

That's the only frakin' show I watch on your channel and still you managed to pi*s me off. Good one.

In TV guide from the Herald yesterday it was listed as starting after the 4400...at 12:45am!! I mean really who is up at 12:45 on a Sunday night, this kind of programing just forces people to obtain their dose of Sci Fi from other (not to be named) sources...come on Channel 10 have you recently hired the channel 9 programmer??

In TV guide from the Herald yesterday it was listed as starting after the 4400...at 12:45am!! I mean really who is up at 12:45 on a Sunday night, this kind of programing just forces people to obtain their dose of Sci Fi from other (not to be named) sources...come on Channel 10 have you recently hired the channel 9 programmer??

I guess one of current problems facing 10 with season 2 is how to run a show that is already widespread on the net, is available for rent, and can be bought at BigW.

In my view, a flow of logic would suggest that a large percentage of BG viewers have already seen season 2...

Therefore these viewers are watching it again on FTA to catch the High Def version...

Given that most 'High Def' viewers are tech savy enough to own a PVR...

Having a PVR means that it doesn't matter what time channel 10 show it. (and there's no point wasting prime time adds for PVR viewers ...)

Hey I should get a job at 10. :blink:

Personally, having a PVR, I don't mind it being on so late. At least it means less likelihood for timer clashes!

I guess one of current problems facing 10 with season 2 is how to run a show that is already widespread on the net, is available for rent, and can be bought at BigW.

In my view, a flow of logic would suggest that a large percentage of BG viewers have already seen season 2...

Therefore these viewers are watching it again on FTA to catch the High Def version...

Given that most 'High Def' viewers are tech savy enough to own a PVR...

Having a PVR means that it doesn't matter what time channel 10 show it. (and there's no point wasting prime time adds for PVR viewers ...)

Hey I should get a job at 10. :blink:

Personally, having a PVR, I don't mind it being on so late. At least it means less likelihood for timer clashes!

Unless they decide to take it off for say Joker Poker or the uplate gameshow..or move it to 1:30 because some other show has run late then you are probably right.

A problem of their own making. If they had bothered to show it a little earlier viewers like me would have watched it on ten and not rented/bought it. I expect I'll have no choice for season 3, I wonder if ten even bought the rights?

I've begun to wonder, with networks only half-finishing shows, whether they have a stake in the DVD sales, LOL.

Without a doubt, I've bought DVDs of shows I'd never have known about if the networks didn't put them on for a while, then axe them.

I don't....

I knew BSG was back on because I got my daily email from:

http://www.yourtv.com.au/

warning me on the saturday and on the sunday.

I still couldn't work up the energy to programme the Toppy to record it.

"Ok, it says 12:45am, but that could mean 12:30am or 1:30am or they might just drop it ....:" Frack'em.

I'll wait until i can afford the DVDs and then sit down and watch it all back to back.

FTA. Is it redundant yet?

Are you ****ing serious ?

Letterman is on now instead of BSG !!! WTF !!!

(in Melbourne BTW)

Edit: OK, it MIGHT be at 12:45, according the 10's program guide, but it also says that home shopping is "next"

This sucks.

Final edit: So it was on last night then ? Crap :D

I also noticed that it was in the tv guide... but when I flicked it over - nothing...

Letterman?!?!?! sigh.

Lads.

12.45 am Monday Jan 8th means 45 minutes past Sunday midnight. :blink:

You can't blame 10 for that one..