Sales Staff And Forum Shoppers

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Mello's here, it won't be long before this thread is closed.

Just dropped in to wish the thread an early demise Foggy , not staying long :P

BTW Mello, I hear Katie had some friends over for a slumber party the other night. :P:blink:

Pictures at eleven :P

:P

Jeez, I've seen everything in this thread now. Any Uni could use it to study a microcosim of society...

You aint seen nothin yet!!!!!! :P:D

Just dropped in to wish the thread an early demise Foggy , not staying long :P

Pictures at eleven :P

:P

You aint seen nothin yet!!!!!! :P:D

pictures past eleven, its way past that now mello, or are you now jsut being a tease :blink:

Well I can't believe that CMJT called in the dogs over this....did anyone do it to him when he was posting and worked there...

Not much use posting here any more CJMT...you have zero street cred ..

Hey lets out everyone that posts an opinion (like the guy at MB) here from work...(he lost his job)

It's not very hard to find out who the OP is...happened on another forum I go to about 3 weeks ago.(lawyers can do stuff)

Yes they did.

I don't want to name the companies name who reported me, but they do shall we say keep a forum presence.

Bwhahahah hwwhhwaa!

The likeness is uncanny!

:blink:

Christopher M.J.T, I think you were right to report this post to the HN administration. My initial feeling was that you were acting in a high-handed fashion but upon further reflection I think that you did the right thing. I work for a large government administration and I am conscious that I seperate my own opinions as an individual and as an employee of the government agency. As a professional, I would NEVER spill internal beans publicly which is what HNOperative has done.

Companies set the rules for which employees have to operate. I have never seen a HN contract, but I am fairly certain it would have a clause about representing the company as a whole. In my own job I have had to deal with the press a few times and I have never spoken directly to the press without clearing it with our PR office first.

HNOperative, I appreciate your honesty and candidness in which you have expressed your opinion. However, as a professional you should have had more sense than to publicly shame your employer. Hopefully you will get away with a reprimand rather than a sacking. I would be very upset if you were sacked, believe me. Maybe if David Ackery were reading this thread, he would realize that by sacking HNOperative (if he manages to track him down) would release him to spill the beans on this thread.

Thankyou.

As i've said simply HN-Operative posting his bad attitude on here whilst clearly stating that he works for Harvey Norman casts a bad light upon the company as it would make the generally uniformed public believe that this is a fair and accurate representation of the attitude of HN sales people.

Yes HN staff have claused relating to confidentiality, etc pretty standard.

I'm suprised the number of people leaping to HN-Operatives defence and willing to attack me whilst failing to see the point.

HN-Operative has demonstrated nothing but arrogance and disregard for customers, basically stating that "i'll only look after you if I make money of you" This attitude sadly is all across the retail industry and is the bane of the industry.

Worst HN-operative would get is a written warning, sacking is only at the extreme scale.

Dam pity you don't still work at HN ...I don't know who the hell David Ackery is but I would ring him about you...

....you have crossed the line more than the OP....(it was only his opinion after all)

His opinion as a representative of Harvey Norman, read between the lines please.

Yes they did.

I don't want to name the companies name who reported me, but they do shall we say keep a forum presence.

Bwhahahah hwwhhwaa!

The likeness is uncanny!

Thankyou.

As i've said simply HN-Operative posting his bad attitude on here whilst clearly stating that he works for Harvey Norman casts a bad light upon the company as it would make the generally uniformed public believe that this is a fair and accurate representation of the attitude of HN sales people.

Yes HN staff have claused relating to confidentiality, etc pretty standard.

I'm suprised the number of people leaping to HN-Operatives defence and willing to attack me whilst failing to see the point.

HN-Operative has demonstrated nothing but arrogance and disregard for customers, basically stating that "i'll only look after you if I make money of you" This attitude sadly is all across the retail industry and is the bane of the industry.

Worst HN-operative would get is a written warning, sacking is only at the extreme scale.

His opinion as a representative of Harvey Norman, read between the lines please.

CJMT...I'm calling you out on this...your full of it...start producing evidence or go.

eta..your making stuff up to look like the forum hero....doesn't wash.

CJMT...I'm calling you out on this...your full of it...start producing evidence or go.

Evidence of what exactly?

How about I turn water to wine, not sure I can prove it, not unless you come and watch me do it in person. But before that you'd have to be really nice to me and give me no lippy attitude :D or else i'd have to get physical and you'll hear my body talk....you know that Olivia Newtown John Song?

I'm saying all the things that I know you'll like

Making good conversation.

I gotta handle you just right

you know what I mean.

I took you to an intimate restaurant

Then to a suggestive movie.

There's nothing left to talk about less it's horizontally.

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

Let me hear your body talk

your body talk

Let me hear your body talk.

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

I've been patient

I've been good

Tried to keep my hands on the table.

It's getting hard this holding back - you know what I mean.

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view

We know each other mentally.

You've gotta know that you're bringing out the animal in me.

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

[guitar solo]

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

Let's get animal

animal

I wanna get animal

let's get into animal

your body talk

Who reported you and what for..what were the dates and subject matter..and what was the end result from HN..with full details.

:D

How about I turn water to wine, not sure I can prove it, not unless you come and watch me do it in person. But before that you'd have to be really nice to me and give me no lippy attitude :P or else i'd have to get physical and you'll hear my body talk....you know that Olivia Newtown John Song?

I'm saying all the things that I know you'll like

Making good conversation.

I gotta handle you just right

you know what I mean.

I took you to an intimate restaurant

Then to a suggestive movie.

There's nothing left to talk about less it's horizontally.

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

I've been patient

I've been good

Tried to keep my hands on the table.

It's getting hard this holding back - you know what I mean.

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view

We know each other mentally.

You've gotta know that you're bringing out the animal in me.

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

[guitar solo]

Let's get physical

physical

I wanna get physical

let's get into physical

your body talk

Let's get animal

animal

I wanna get animal

let's get into animal

your body talk

Nice edit...you haven't got anything have you.

Well is this the very best you can do. Can I help.

Who reported you and what for..what were the dates and subject matter..and what was the end result from HN..with full details.

Nice edit...you haven't got anything have you.

I don't wish to disclose the company that the report was from nor to do want to go into full details of what happened basically because these forums have eyes and ears and at the conclusion of the meeting with my boss he had requested that I don't come on here posting about what happened. I don't have to say any more than that.

I also really don't give a toss whether or not you believe me, now if you were Mello Yello or Dr Smith (the real one), Admiral Adama, Starbuck, Captain Kirk, Spock, Dr McCoy, Data, T'Pol, etc I may want to make an effort to prove myself.

But for those who read enough on here, I think it may be possibly obvious which company I ticked off.

Dig around read some of my comments on brand, products, etc you should be able to figure it out.

But whilst we're asking personal questions and details, mind telling me your address and telephone number? medical history, current employment, education, no. of jobs worked, which political party you vote etc?

I don't wish to disclose the company that the report was from nor to do want to go into full details of what happened basically because these forums have eyes and ears and at the conclusion of the meeting with my boss he had requested that I don't come on here posting about what happened. I don't have to say any more than that.

I also really don't give a toss whether or not you believe me, now if you were Mello Yello, Dr Smith (the real one) I may want to make an effort to prove myself.

But for those who read enough on here, I think it may be possibly obvious which company I ticked off.

Dig around read some of my comments on brand, products, etc you should be able to figure it out.

But whilst we're asking personal questions and details, mind telling me your address and telephone number? medical history, current employment, education, no. of jobs worked, which political party you vote etc?

Is that the best you can come up with....you've got nothing...you caused unessary trouble for someone today who had a bit of a ****. Sleep well mate.

Ever heard of the term *I'm big noting myself*

Is that the best you can come up with....you've got nothing...you caused unessary trouble for someone today who had a bit of a ****. Sleep well mate.

Ever heard of the term *I'm big noting myself*

What makes you so high and mighty?

And yes I hear the term "I'm big noting myself" on a daily basis :D

See I spend my days cutting laps around Geelong in my hotted up Monaro playing my rap music out loud with the bass lines making the girls cream their pants as their sitting in my seat. I pull up to the high school girls and talk all about myself and tell 'em how great I am but they see through it, their getting smarter damn tarts telling me I'm big noting myself :blink:

Anyway what were you saying?

Shalom my brother!

What makes you so high and mighty?

And yes I hear the term "I'm big noting myself" on a daily basis :D

See I spend my days cutting laps around Geelong in my hotted up Monaro playing my rap music out loud with the bass lines making the girls cream their pants as their sitting in my seat. I pull up to the high school girls and talk all about myself and tell 'em how great I am but they see through it, their getting smarter damn tarts telling me I'm big noting myself :blink:

Anyway what were you saying?

I'm repeating myself now...you did the wrong thing and made trouble for someone that was having a bad day...if you ever try to go back to HN you might find this will go against YOU.

HR depts don't like this kind of thing because it repeats.

I'm repeating myself now...you did the wrong thing and made trouble for someone that was having a bad day...if you ever try to go back to HN you might find this will go against YOU.

HR depts don't like this kinds thing because it repeats.

I have no interest going back to retail.

BTW what's your opinion on milk? what's your favourite?

I've been reading the many pages here and as a customer its really appalling to hear about such attitude from HN-operative. As I myself go to HN to browse through the tv section to see what's new and what's good and may possibly in the very near future opt to buy a plasma or an lcd tv, it just makes me feel like going elsewhere rather than to go to HN to buy.

As for CMJ's post, if it helps in getting attention to the higher ups in HN about their salespeople's attitudes and how it may be costing them potential sales then why not ?! Is it so bad that they take a good look at their salespeople's attitudes and someone who actually posted it in a forum for all the world to see ? Sometimes they sit in their office and just don't see what's out there. This may give them a wake up call in improving something, be it their salesperson's commissions or level of service. HN-operative complains about low pay or whatever commissions but what about the other customers that are not so knowledgeable that he's probably fleeced for a higher margin to get higher commissions ? Anyone having a go at CMJ thought about that ? What's wrong with getting the best price and good service at the same time ? You mean they both don't go hand in hand anymore ? Geez, you might as well get a robot to take your place and key in the sales. Less BS that way don't you think ?

Customers are the lifeblood of the store and if no ones buys you don't even get paid your $14/hr salary and that's a fact. Treat them well and they will come back to you. I know I would. If I find a good saleperson I would probably stick with that person knowing that they would try to do their utmost to get me the best deal and give good service at the same time. If I know which store HNoperative is in, believe me that's the store I'm going to avoid. Definitely don't want anyone with that attitude 'trying' to help me out in my purchase of an item that's going to cost me a lot of money.

This guy shouldn't be even working in retail. PERIOD !

this is the best thread in a long time! great read

Christopher mjt,The op comments were imo at worst unfortunate and really only reflected badly on him ,showing a level of immaturity.A pm from yourself to the op ,explaining that you had been daft enough to make poorly chosen comments while being easily identifiable as an employee of a major retailer and had suffered for it would have been the decent thing to do.Unfortunately you chose to tell tales ,possibly affecting someones employment and that I think is despicable.

Not very Australian mate or poor form as they say in the U.K.

Gordon

I've been reading the many pages here and as a customer its really appalling to hear about such attitude from HN-operative. As I myself go to HN to browse through the tv section to see what's new and what's good and may possibly in the very near future opt to buy a plasma or an lcd tv, it just makes me feel like going elsewhere rather than to go to HN to buy.

As for CMJ's post, if it helps in getting attention to the higher ups in HN about their salespeople's attitudes and how it may be costing them potential sales then why not ?! Is it so bad that they take a good look at their salespeople's attitudes and someone who actually posted it in a forum for all the world to see ? Sometimes they sit in their office and just don't see what's out there. This may give them a wake up call in improving something, be it their salesperson's commissions or level of service. HN-operative complains about low pay or whatever commissions but what about the other customers that are not so knowledgeable that he's probably fleeced for a higher margin to get higher commissions ? Anyone having a go at CMJ thought about that ? What's wrong with getting the best price and good service at the same time ? You mean they both don't go hand in hand anymore ? Geez, you might as well get a robot to take your place and key in the sales. Less BS that way don't you think ?

Customers are the lifeblood of the store and if no ones buys you don't even get paid your $14/hr salary and that's a fact. Treat them well and they will come back to you. I know I would. If I find a good saleperson I would probably stick with that person knowing that they would try to do their utmost to get me the best deal and give good service at the same time. If I know which store HNoperative is in, believe me that's the store I'm going to avoid. Definitely don't want anyone with that attitude 'trying' to help me out in my purchase of an item that's going to cost me a lot of money.

This guy shouldn't be even working in retail. PERIOD !

I work for a very big company...over 1000 employees...I've been in the room when an employee gets a letter on his file...this is not nice...it's ugly...most employees handle it very badly.

I haven't been in the room when they get the sack and I don't want to be...I don't think I could handle it.

Every one has a bad day.

Christopher mjt,The op comments were imo at worst unfortunate and really only reflected badly on him ,showing a level of immaturity.A pm from yourself to the op ,explaining that you had been daft enough to make poorly chosen comments while being easily identifiable as an employee of a major retailer and had suffered for it would have been the decent thing to do.Unfortunately you chose to tell tales ,possibly affecting someones employment and that I think is despicable.

Not very Australian mate or poor form as they say in the U.K.

Gordon

Good call.

Looks like i missed all the action and the emotional ramp up to launch!

Chris MJT I abhor what you have done. It is totally unacceptable. This forum is about anonity and honesty to give share knowledge. Just because you got sprung does not mean you have to become the HotNot policeman.

Good on you Mr HN salesperson for what you have said.