Scoop On Z4's

nool,

I hate to rain on your parade but I just checked my manual on the Sanyo Z2, which is smaller in dimensions than the Sanyo Z4 and the manual stipulates an enclosure for the Z2 as being the 'minimum' of 20 cm above the projector, 50 cm behind the projector, 50 cm to either side of the projector .

Now that was for an enclosed projector.

As to what a more 'open' enclosure will do to modify that minimum can only be guessed at,but I would certainly leave more than 2 cm above the projector as that will overheat the unit in a short period of time .

20 cm or more would be better I would think, which would also allow access to the buttons on top of the unit and would make the Function LED's more visible (with a mirror).

C.M

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, from sunny warm Curacao 28 degrees, 30m vis water 26 degrees....

Just Kidding,

Sorry, for not getting back to you sooner as for an update, on friday before i left for Newcastle to get the majority way through my dive instructors course, i placed the order with Sanyo.

Paid them the money, and courier depending they should arrive here today..

On there arrival, they will be addresses up and sent out, i will post when they have arrived, and when they have been sent, but Friday, Saturday and Sundays at this stage are bad for me, as i will mostly be under the water, and the only computer i see is stapped to my wrist and doesnt access DBA Forums :blink: .. Stuart actually called when i answered i was on the way from one beach to another at Nelson Bay..

Oh, that and i'd need to sell about 1000 PJ's before i could comfortably move OS :P:P

Cheers,

Steve

Next Update From Tropical Paradise 30 meters under the ocean.. (Yep ok, that jokes worn real thin about now!)

Courier has called me to say pallet of PJ's being dropped off at 4pm this afternoon..

Good News,

Now, The Bad News,

I wont be able to get them out until tomorrow, as MY couriers cut-off is 3pm however, i have started getting address labels sorted, and should all be out tomorrow..

I will confirm courier tracking details with each of you via email..

Please also note, if you are given 2 or 3 tracking numbers (ie you need multiple labels because of distance etc) Only one will work on track and trace..

Cheers,

Steve

Next Update From Tropical Paradise 30 meters under the ocean..

Steve ..Hope your diving course went well...(Your probably still water logged)..

thanks for the update..

Hope my PJ is first cab off the rank...(joke).

Looking forward to the delivery of Z4.

Cheers ..Stuart

Hey guys ...Picked up my longhorn pro 100" screen on saturday

put it together when i got home ,30 min later hanging on the wall.

One problem screen materail was badly creased, rang the sales guy i bought it from,says leave it hanging for a day then try & re-stretch it,done that to no avail,rang again this morning ,says we will replace the cloth & send it via courier there cost..

Good to know that u can still get decent customer service...

Cheers.. stuart.

OK Guys,

Another update, i managed to jam the foot in the couriers door this arvo, they have all been sent to the depot here (not sure whether they will show up on track and trace tonight though, more likely tomorrow).

However, in about an hour or two, i will be emailing each of you with the con-note labels used, as i said previously, only one will show up on track and trace.

Having said that, depending on your distances, you should be expecting your PJ's very very soon, i will email out tax invoices as PDF's to everyone, as in the interest of getting them to you, i did not print them, and open the boxes etc, just addresseed them, sealed there edges and got em to the courier!!

On a bad note, my courier has put there prices up as of the 1-5-06, buggers they are, thankfully, i had a couple of left over labels and i didnt actually lose money, such is life, shouldve got the courier to quote in writing..

Anyways, if by tomorrow, you havent received your con-note number(s) in your inbox, please email me!

Cheers,

Steve

PS And above all enjoy!!! You will note, i left the Sanyo Oceania Stickers on the boxes..

OK Guys,

Another update, i managed to jam the foot in the couriers door this arvo, they have all been sent to the depot here (not sure whether they will show up on track and trace tonight though, more likely tomorrow).

However, in about an hour or two, i will be emailing each of you with the con-note labels used, as i said previously, only one will show up on track and trace.

Steve,

What a fantastic service you offer.....I haven't experienced customer service like this for years.

My pj was last reported at Port Macquarie with Courier No. 004......I'm thinking of jumping in the car and meeting him halfway!

Cheers,

Steven

Last mermaids i saw were at Sydney on Chowder Bay Wharf for the big Underwater Walk :blink:

Can i also ask if people could please let me know when they have received there PJ's, as it helps to get definitive time frames from the courier..

I was somewhat surprised they were on track and trace already, however, i would be sure they wouldnt have left Port Macquarie until today!

Cheers,

Steve

Last mermaids i saw were at Sydney on Chowder Bay Wharf for the big Underwater Walk :blink:

Can i also ask if people could please let me know when they have received there PJ's, as it helps to get definitive time frames from the courier..

I was somewhat surprised they were on track and trace already, however, i would be sure they wouldnt have left Port Macquarie until today!

Cheers,

Steve

Steve ..just checked now my track & trace has not been updated since last night.

Franchise Courier No. Action Taken Status Date

Port Macquarie Australia 004 Pickup 08/05/06

Steve ..just checked now my track & trace has not been updated since last night.

Franchise Courier No. Action Taken Status Date

Port Macquarie Australia 004 Pickup 08/05/06

I just checked mine ............and it is the same .........no movement.

C.M

I just checked mine ............and it is the same .........no movement.

C.M

Every time I get something delieverd via an Australian courier the package has arrived before the tracking system says its left... :blink:

If I order it from America I can track it all the way 'till it arrives in Australia. Then it disappears until one day it's left at my front door!

I too received my Z4 at 11.15am (Canberra). I haven't opened mine either - I'll save the excitement until I get home this evening.

Preach, you were spot on. I only checked the parcel trace at 11am and it was last seen in Port Macquarie. I did inform the courier guy and he said that he had updated the parcel tracker system himself this morning when he collected - maybe they don't refresh their website often enough??

Thanks Steve, you have made me a happier man.

Cheers

nool,

Have you given consideration to the cabling? I get the impression that you will run them up and through the ceiling or back wall.

I'm only mentioning this as I laid my cables this weekend....literally all weekend. I have ran 10m HDMI and Component cables from my A/V Receiver up the wall and across the ceiling (in roof space). My intention was to pop them out of the ceiling right next to the back wall....but I came up short! I didn't consider the half metre required at the A/V Receiver, nor the fact that my cables couldn't run as a crow flies in the roof space (heating/ventilating pipes), so I popped out of the ceiling a metre short of the rear wall......meaning I'll need to use the pj zoom and it won't look as neat just hanging there a metre from the rear wall.

Thanks for the warning. I am intending to lay the cables as you thought. I expect to have a couple of metres to spare, so I should be OK. However I suddenly feel nervous!

nool,

I hate to rain on your parade but I just checked my manual on the Sanyo Z2, which is smaller in dimensions than the Sanyo Z4 and the manual stipulates an enclosure for the Z2 as being the 'minimum' of 20 cm above the projector, 50 cm behind the projector, 50 cm to either side of the projector .

Now that was for an enclosed projector.

As to what a more 'open' enclosure will do to modify that minimum can only be guessed at,but I would certainly leave more than 2 cm above the projector as that will overheat the unit in a short period of time .

20 cm or more would be better I would think, which would also allow access to the buttons on top of the unit and would make the Function LED's more visible (with a mirror).

C.M

Good advice CM. I'll allow some more room at the top. Other than that I'm feeling pretty confident as the vents will be completely unobstructed and that's the only issue mentioned in the Z4 manual. Glad to hear your new delivery has arrived. Expecting mine any time now. :blink: