Bought a Plasma TV?

Hello Santa....Do you have a link with information on that topic please?

The Next four Corners appears to be about debt...or is that the one you mean.

foss

OK, well, since you pretty much let the cat out of the bag, and more significantly, the main demographic of this forum will ironically be watching Las Vegas(!) during the 4 corners, I'll quote from someone on the ad...

"Consumption today consists of people spending money they dont have on goods they dont want, to impress people they dont like." :blink:

________

OK, so I should paraphrase a bit to "goods they dont need" or "goods marketed so well they are more popular than better quality equivalents..."

Hello Santa....Do you have a link with information on that topic please?

The Next four Corners appears to be about debt...or is that the one you mean.

foss

OK, well, since you pretty much let the cat out of the bag, and more significantly, the main demographic of this forum will ironically be watching Las Vegas(!) during the 4 corners, I'll quote from someone on the ad...

"Consumption today consists of people spending money they dont have on goods they dont want, to impress people they dont like." :blink:

________

OK, so I should paraphrase a bit to "goods they dont need" or "goods marketed so well they are more popular than better quality equivalents..."

Amazing as it may seem Santa, I worked bloody hard for the bonus that paid for most of my Plasma. I could afford it, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. The bank doesn't own any of it.

I did want it. Otherwise I wouldn't have gone through all the pain of dragging my partner from display unit to display unit explaining the subtle differences in black levels from one model to the other. I love it. We love it.

Despite what you may think, the Plasma screen that dominates my lounge room impresses the bejesus out of everyone who walks in the door. But that doesn't matter, I bought it for me.

And on monday night I'll sit back and watch Four Corners, followed by Media Watch, followed by Enough Rope.

Been to see Vegas live. No intention of watching it on TV.

So what have you got against Plasma owners?

Craig

Hmmmm...Well I will be recording Vagas and 24 x 2 ........and 4 Corners so that I can study it at my leisure for pearls of wisdom ...Thats why we have these boxes, isn't it....oh.... I can record 2 programs at once on the one box...lol...and if necessary record another two channels on the other Toppy that I'm looking after.

As for plasmas....every time I see mine I am amazed at the fantastic picture I look at...I have had it 3 weeks now and frankly I don't care if no one else apart from my wife and I see it...I bought it for us...no one else....The only person I wanted to impress was myself, and I have done that.

foss

"Consumption today consists of people spending money they dont have on goods they dont want, to impress people they dont like."

A cute little cliche.

Totally meaningless of course.

From the write-up it sounds like the whole program is going to be a cliche.

Who me? A problem with plasma owners? Never!

I might occasionally mention "the emperor's new clothes", but what makes you think I have anything against plasma owners?

If people want to throw money away, as the great Aussie (/Irish?) expression goes, "good luck to 'em!"

I think Four corners is more about the people who are buying plasma-class* goods without having earned the money to pay for them, and without good reason for actually buying them (like keeping up with those bloody Joneses!)

I'm sure many members of this forum have (at least vaguely plausible) reasons for choosing plasma!**

*Plasma-class == "Expensive, impressive looking, but performance compromised"

**But PLEASE, "enough of the its soooo slim crap, already ... alright, already!"