Best Prices KVHR36M31 and panasonic 76 200a

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered mine from Clive Peters in Dandenong tonight. I bought a few other things as well (like the new Yamaha RX-V1400 AV receiver :P ) but the Sony was $5000 even.

They don't sell the Toshiba stb so I'll go and buy that tomorrow from somewhere else.

The guy I dealt with spoke to Sony today and advised that I can expect to receive in it 2 weeks :blink:

BTW, Clive Peters offer an extended warranty to 5 years for $149 (which I took up). It's the same conditions as the Sony warranty (in home service / free pickup etc.) but they add a 3 strikes = lemon provision. Sony charge $250 for their extended warranty.

Rex, that is an amazing price.

At this rate, it would be cheaper for me to drive to Vic and buy retail than to buy wholesale in SA. That sucks some serious ass! Somebody must be getting rebates or much better buy prices.

Is anyone getting cheap prices in Adelaide at the moment??? Surely if the eastern states can do these prices then even allowing for freight we should be able to get only slightly dearer prices.

Rex, sorry to be a pathetic outer-stater but where is Ringwood? I assumed Victoria but the JB website doesnt show a branch at Ringwood.

For that price I am willing to drive from SA for it. $5k even is the best price I can find from Retravision in Brighton, Vic and they can get it to SA to me for that price but I am still hoping to improve in that.

Regards,

Graham

I was at Eastland (Ringwood) last weekend and few of the bulk retailers appeared to have any of the higher end CRT HD Ready Tvs in stock, due to shortages. The Palsonic ($1999) and integrated DTV tuner (SDs) were widely available. I was surprised by the Palsonic's HD display which is very good (certainly much better than any SD TV you could buy). JBs (hidden away on the ground floor of the shopping centre) normally offers the most competitive price, but only if they have stocks available or can source them from another store.

I'm driving to Melb on the weekend...might be an ideal time to do a deal.

Greetings ref above.

I am in Melbourne and considering a 36M31 too.

Bet we could negotiate a better price if we purchase together ??.

Have asked Anthony at HN Dandenong to get back to me.

Philip

Dahn.

My salesman at HN could best price was $4999 (he had not heard of the 36M31...nil in stock).

So phoned JB Ringwood (spoke to Mark as Chris was away).

He was nice but would not give a price have to go to the store (long drive).

However he said the price posted in this Forum of $4,640 (inc. a 5000i) was NOT correct.

So we are back to getting a single unit price in situ at the store and not sure of the price if we buy units collectively at the same time.

Graham from South Aust what price did you get?

Cheers

Philip

MMMMMMMMMMMMm

Went back to HN Dandenong.

If we purchase > 1 price is still $4,999.

Extended warantee for 4 years would be $350.

HN salesman said some dealers offer extended warranty for $0.

Noted in this Forum, from memory, that prices vary from $280 to $300.

Myers is starting to sound better.

Also read that they offer a three times failure they will replace the unit.

:blink:

Philip

I discussed prices of this unit at Myer (Melbourne city store).

The guy got his calculator out and dazzled me with his quick fingers (here we go)....

Anyway he reckons he can't go any lower than high 5's (with the footy). Otherwise its below cost.

Good luck!

Saw the Sony at MegaMart Perth on Sunday. They had 1 out the back, marked price $5999 and offering 10% of all TVSs, $5399 with DodgyTek.

Was connected up to Toshiba HD box, but didn't look all that impressive, the store was too busy to play arround it, and they kept putting back on Bathurst.

I went home without one.

Ron.

I purchased an extended warranty with mine for $169 and the set comes with an offer in the box to buy Sony warranty for $250 or $275 two options.

Mine looks just beautiful on the nine loop - think I'll just sit there and watch it a while....

The remote for the doggy is the worst thing I've ever seen - is this thing normall around $1000 or $10.

Mine looks just beautiful on the nine loop - think I'll just sit there and watch it a while....

Yep know the feeling.

The remote for the doggy is the worst thing I've ever seen - is this thing normall around $1000 or $10.

You only got one thing wrong here..... Its not the doggy its the FOOTY !!!

The remote for the doggy is the worst thing I've ever seen

Can't be as bad as the 2000A now could it? I even hate all the current Sony TV remotes just looking at them - though at least they work. Lucky I won't be using any of them... (learning remote)

Arfadent, in regards to the EC price you can get you'll find they add a bit on top of Sony's price however if you buy a lot from them I know they will do better prices.

Okay on to Adelaide's prices... there isn't very much competition here and I'm struggling to get more than a few hundred off from most retailers. However the one salesman I've gone through for several years gave me an intial offer of $5570 w/ STB (I was undecided whether to get it, but another HD-STB, even DGTEC, can't hurt now can it?). I got this down to $5100 conditionally, and he had to get clearance by the one of his 'big state bosses' (was on the phone to central office for a couple minutes). Now I know there's 0% chance the latter price will be offered to anyone else, however the $5570 might be one to add on the list for Adelaide stores. He told me their buying price which makes me wonder how some of the other stores can/have offered was has been said.

Please understand I will not be posting the person/store name until I talk to him again and get a price he is happy for me to post for a variety of reasons, not less the obvious which we have sort of seen already in this thread. I'm hoping to have it within a couple weeks, though it's not here until it's here.

Let's face it, anything around to the $5000 mark is doing bloody well, considering it's a new TV, well advertised and more demand than supply. If retailers are dropping $1500 off every set then they are losing LOTS of potential earnings - I know I wouldn't drop it below $6k w/ STB if I was them... wait till paying customers enter the door :blink:

I'd just like to say thanks very much for posting your prices up here guys. The insight and at least ball park on how some units are selling is a fantastic bit of knowledge to have.

Just because a couple of people decide to walk in the shop and demand the same price doesn't mean you didn't get it for that - well done!

The sales droid is a fickle creature - if I was selling units and had someone walk in and demand the price that the last guy got I would be taken aback too (although maybe not deny it).

Good luck everyone on your bargaining techniques.

The sales droid is a fickle creature - if I was selling units and had someone walk in and demand the price that the last guy got I would be taken aback too (although maybe not deny it).

Ah yes, we might find a thread like this great but I bet retailers can feel the potential $1000's lost with every post. :blink:

BTW I forgot to mention, with my $5100 purchase I virtually don't have to wait at all - they have 3 or so in stock. I knew I could get it a bit cheaper but a couple hundred isn't worth worrying about if it means saving a few weeks wait. If all goes well then I'll hand some cash accross on Monday and get it delievered within the week... of course if things go array I'm back to the start :P I'll post what happens.

Ok this is going around in circles

Can someone actually give me details about

1. Actual purcase prices?

2. Where they bought their unit from?

3. Any other relevant details?

Most of these posts seem to have no definate prices from actual retailers. I am in Adelaide. The prices that I have today are all inclusive of the DGTech box without making much of a push on the salesmen. I need ammo to shoot their prices down!!!

Sony Central $5600

Video World $5500

Good Guys at Edwardstown $5280

I supose that there are also Truscotts & a few other sources. Can anyone add some factual prices to this topic? It has been suggested that if a few of us got together we coud get a better price, I for one would be interested in doing such a deal. Interstate purchse would also be a possiblility.

What stores have them well set up & demonstrated in Adelaide???

HELP ME NOW I WANT ONE IMMEDIATLY!!!!