Stax Omega Headphones

i was having a bit of a read and i came across these headphones

there Electrostat's, come with there own amp/energizers to power them

staxomega2s.jpg

these headphones are not cheep at nearly $9k!! but many people have said there is not a floor stander that sounds as good as these.

thats a big call, i would like to have a listen to these sometime. they sound pretty interesting.

sr007.jpgsrm007t.jpg

but is music about the what u hear or what u feal?

i guess you could wire up a sub. everyone would hate you cause all they would here is sub bass haha..

i think there must be enough bass responce from there being so close you your ear's. but....

yeah the quality, detail and resolution you can get from headphones is unbeatable and most good ones will prolli play 20-20000Hz easy but the problem is the lack of imaging and soundstage, and also the lack of visceral bass. Its there but you just cant feel it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from Japan. Heard 5 different sets of the Stax headphones. Unfortunately the picture above wasn't available for audition.

Listened to their entire range from 11k to 25k Yen (about $1.5k to about $3k AUD).

Brilliant, just brilliant. No other headphone sounds the same anymore. The midbass openess and levels of midbass and bass were so clean. Very smooth.

Yet as with all speakers, there is something to be picky about...just slightly sibliant on the 5 sets I've heard. Could be the recording...but it was a very high end store that sold many audiophile recordings as well. The speaker range there was just unbelievable. I spent an hour there undisturbed and could play with all the equipment without being pestered!