What DJ eqiupment are you using?

i honestly wouldent touch bose, everything i have herd about them has not been good!

everything from $2 speakers to dodgy workmanship, but thats just all i have heard.

have a look at the JBL range, or even serch for P.Audio there is a place in NZ that sells all there gear, 12 - 15in mid bass's, compresion horns.

12in co -incedent mid's :)

all the gear to build some good speakers

Don't bag them till you've heard them :) My mate does PA work and he said 2 pairs of them is all the 21st(club/pub) in Frankston used to use for live bands... He used one pair for a house party and it was too loud.

I'm not interested in building/designing speakers, just want to buy something that I know sounds good :D

• Like 1

As far as i know the prob with the Bose 802C' is that you need a controller. Most of the guys that i know who do PA work just about hate the Bose speaks. And it ain't all about how loud they can go. Behringer speakers can most likely go loud, but you would find it hard to come across someone that says they sound good.

As far as JBL go, you can get much better speakers for less. I have used a set of JBL speakers and found them to be totally gutless. If you really want to use them then you would need to get yourself a sub to go with them.

I have heard good things about D.A.S speakers. Haven't actually heard what they sound like yet. But i have had them recommended to me for an install that i am working on now.

Don't know how any of that would help for DJ's though as most of my insignificant experience is for bands.

• Like 1

In my experience the BOS802's are ok, but more suited to vocal. How well do you expect 8 4" woofers in series/parrallal configs to produce bass? The neccesity for a good party :)

I wouldn't call myself a DJ yet, I still need tables. But I've done quite a few PA gigs reeling music of CD. My setup contains;

2x 18" Eminence subs

2x 12" with 2.5" titanium compression Crest LQ12's

1x Stewart PA1800 running at 750wrms, 4ohm loading

1x Biamp DJ5600 mixer and matching dual 15band EQ

Can't hurt:

setup_glass.jpg

Yeah, the 802C's do need a controller box thingo...

I'm just after CHEAP loud speakers that sound alright, not for pro gigs at all, just private parties. Active or passive(recommend amp too)... Full range speakers or seperate subwoofer...

Under 1k is preferrable, maybe upto 1.5k... Any ideas of brands/models?

Originally posted by Stone

Yeah, the 802C's do need a controller box thingo...

I'm just after CHEAP loud speakers that sound alright, not for pro gigs at all, just private parties. Active or passive(recommend amp too)... Full range speakers or seperate subwoofer...

Under 1k is preferrable, maybe upto 1.5k... Any ideas of brands/models?

Try LSK. They have some amazing speakers which start from as little as $198 a pair to $1200 a pair.

As for an amp you should try a DSE A2760 Stereo amp from Dick SMith (its only $198) or you could wait and try find a good Yamaha/Denon/marantz in the trading post when one comes up for cheap.

Good Luck

If you are doing DJ stuff then i highly recommend that you get a sub as well as the rest. I am fairly sure (correct me if i am wrong) that most PA style speakers need a sub to give you at least semi-decent bottom end.

I don't know of any decent PA speakers that start in around your budget. I think that most speakers start in around $1500. If anyone knows of any good ones that are under $1500 please let me know as well as i am looking for some for an install that i am helping with.

At the moment we are looking at 2 DAS active two way 12" and horns, and an active 18" sub. But that is $5,900 just for those. Then there is the cable as well. So it is all adding up to an expensive install, on a tight budget.

He has recently picked up a new agencie which sell some of the best 1 rack unit tall 7.1 channel amps I've ever seen. Speakers of the same brand to match from memory.

But they wouldn't be cheap since there very new. Most of the stuff he hires out, and may be able to sell is PA equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

• 9 months later...