New Cables from LenehanAudio

Lenehan Audio

yes I have the speaker cable and im very impressed ,coming from a very  high end PAD cable,

but I think they need more running in

the ic's I have not got but sound interesting,

may be my next purchase ;)

any further comments on the ic's ?

and seeing you have had them for a while now

do they improve with age

thanks 

I just upgraded to these from the RibbonTeks - which were already the best overall speaker cables I'd heard up until that point - and I am absolutely astounded at the magnitude of the improvement. It's as if there's much more of everything, except that there's also less of the nasty stuff - so it's much better than simply turning up the volume, as the sound is also much smoother and more relaxed. Recordings become fully alive at lower volumes, but are also less strained at higher volumes. There aren't many upgrades I've heard that make your system better in every way without any downsides, but this is one - the essential neutral and natural character of the RibbonTeks is fully preserved, but literally everything is much better. I find it hard to believe you can buy better speaker cables than these at any price,

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Lenehan Audio said:

Hi Cardiiiii. Here’s a pic of the XLR Balanced FoilFlex. 080936de66102720bdd9a53737f63a6e.jpg

Mike, I run a pair of unbalanced RibbonTek ic's from an all valve phono pre to integrated amp. Very happy with the combo. Do many others, that you know of, use the FoilFlex ic's from phono pre? Do you feel that they are well insulated enough in this application. I use an medium output MC cart.

Mike, I run a pair of unbalanced RibbonTek ic's from an all valve phono pre to integrated amp. Very happy with the combo. Do many others, that you know of, use the FoilFlex ic's from phono pre? Do you feel that they are well insulated enough in this application. I use an medium output MC cart.

Hi Mike
That’s a critical area for an IC ! If the RibbonTeks are quiet the FoilFlex would also be fine .
If your interested in a pair I’ll send you a 1m set to try out . Cheers Mike
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, smadden said:

How does one purchase and pricing? Thanks

On 26/04/2018 at 7:33 AM, Lenehan Audio said:

Hi Rantan

the new website is still dragging the chain I'm afraid ! we are just flat out building FoilFlex cables and ML5 loudspeakers at the moment .

here are the FoilFlex Prices        FoilFlex Loudspeaker Cable.................... 2.5m pair $1500    (plus or minus $100 per half meter)

FoilFlex  RCA interconnect  .................... 1m   pair  $600      (plus or minus $50 per half meter)

FoilFlex XLR balanced interconnect....... 1m  pair   $800      (plus or minus $100 per half meter)

Until we get all this on the website I'm offering a 100% money back guarantee for 30 days !! the same as our Curious Cables !!     Regards Mike Lenehan

Hi Guys
The only change to this price list is the RCA cables which are now $650 for a 1m pair with +or- $80 per half meter.

There is however a 15/20% price increase happening soon [emoji33] the current prices were only introductory.
Current margins are just too skinny.

Building a 2.5m pair of speaker cables for instance takes just over 8 hours now over a 2 day period . There are 2 critical procedures during the build that cost next to nothing but must be done carefully and in a particular way [emoji3166]. Cheers Mike Lenehan

23 hours ago, Lenehan Audio said:

Ok Lads. Here’s a better prices sheet 45c886e9e3812f85bae93dacb064c9f7.jpg

Mike, maybe you could start a "price list" sticky thread  within the Lenehan Audio and just keep all your updated pricing there for your products. Save people from bugging you with pricing via PMs and give them an idea of the product pricing.

I was going to keep my comments for a few more weeks but I am quite excited now, so here are my initial impressions of my new FoilFlex RCA interconnects.

I haven't changed my set up for a while now. A bit of valve & power cable rolling but I always go back to my favourite arrangements. I have been using Mike's FoilTek ic's between phono pre & integrated amp for around six years when I bought a new pr of Mike. My favourite ic's, (after trying many different commercial & diy cables), are a pr of Antipodes Audio Komako Unbalanced cables, that I run out of my DAC. I have been itching to try the FoilFlexs against the FoilTeks. I contacted Mike & purchased a pr of his new cables two weeks ago. They cost me $150 more than the original 'Teks. The new iteration brings quite a significant upgrade on the the original 'Teks. I suggested to Mike that he was running a charity for audiophiles but understand a small & justified price rise is imminent. I have played heaps of records over the last fortnight & maybe put another 20-25hrs cooking on them.

The new sound is so much fuller (phatter!). Music projects into the room very naturally. I hear a more immersive & better defined soundstage. The bottom end is starting to really bloom. The 'Flexs seem quieter, maybe more resistant to RFI & EMF than the 'Teks. I would suggest a sweetly balanced cable through the frequencies. I know another couple of months cooking will see them near their potential but what I am hearing pleases me very much.

I'll give them a couple more weeks & the try them out of the DAC. I also run an Antipodes Audio s/pdif digicable & Antipodes Audio Komako speaker cables. Will be an interesting comparison against the AA interconnects.

Onya Mike, you're a top bloke & an audio guru.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mikey d said:

I was going to keep my comments for a few more weeks but I am quite excited now, so here are my initial impressions of my new FoilFlex RCA interconnects.

I haven't changed my set up for a while now. A bit of valve & power cable rolling but I always go back to my favourite arrangements. I have been using Mike's FoilTek ic's between phono pre & integrated amp for around six years when I bought a new pr of Mike. My favourite ic's, (after trying many different commercial & diy cables), are a pr of Antipodes Audio Komako Unbalanced cables, that I run out of my DAC. I have been itching to try the FoilFlexs against the FoilTeks. I contacted Mike & purchased a pr of his new cables two weeks ago. They cost me $150 more than the original 'Teks. The new iteration brings quite a significant upgrade on the the original 'Teks. I suggested to Mike that he was running a charity for audiophiles but understand a small & justified price rise is imminent. I have played heaps of records over the last fortnight & maybe put another 20-25hrs cooking on them.

The new sound is so much fuller (phatter!). Music projects into the room very naturally. I hear a more immersive & better defined soundstage. The bottom end is starting to really bloom. The 'Flexs seem quieter, maybe more resistant to RFI & EMF than the 'Teks. I would suggest a sweetly balanced cable through the frequencies. I know another couple of months cooking will see them near their potential but what I am hearing pleases me very much.

I'll give them a couple more weeks & the try them out of the DAC. I also run an Antipodes Audio s/pdif digicable & Antipodes Audio Komako speaker cables. Will be an interesting comparison against the AA interconnects.

Hey Mikey,

I’m Running my system with the Flex’s throughout, well specifically ICs and speaker cables, great cables as you have found, I initially found the bass a bit light on, but it improved with burn in, enjoy the journey.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikey d said:

Yep, just need the SC's now mate and you're set. :D 

• Like 1