Rehdeko

Hi all,

anyone had the chance to hear these old French full-range speakers? Looked like about a 10 inch driver, bright blue cone. Had the pleasure over a French Christmas and was gobsmacked, never heard a full-ranger I enjoyed more but knew nothing of Rehdeko in Oz. Google is barely my friend in this either as info seems scant.

Anyone got some? 

Bill

I have heard of them but not heard them.What I have seen of them would see me off them.Perhaps the Audio Nirvana  range from Common Sense Audio may suit your interest in larger full range speakers if not the  truly vintage (veteran) speakers from the likes of Goodmans and Wharfedale.

Hi Bill. I have a pair of the RK115 (similar to the RK15 pic you posted but better) and they are, as you say, the finest sounding fullrangers I've met. Super fast, agile and thrilling with more than decent bass which is rare. Their stock cabinets are probably their only real caveat, they deserve better but even so they'll hand a new arse to any Audio Nirvana, Goodmans, Lowther (Wharfedale, seriously??) I've heard.

They are hard to find though, better do some eBay France stalking if you're serious.

You're welcome to come and have a listen if you ever make it back to Sydney ;)

Cheers

D

The issue  is that the Rehdeko speakers have not been available for quite some time and that they appear to be very basic designs that have been tizzied up.For a 10'' speaker with any pretentions of lifelike dynamics,that cabinet is on the small side. The old  Goodmans and  Wharfedale  full range speakers that I alluded to range from the 10 to 12 '' models that when fitted to appropriate cabinets (with T & S parameters in mind )  are  capable of  a very high standard of reproduction.There are  of course,limits in power handling and condition is a major consideration ;given the limitations of  materials from  that era.It is wise to have vintage speakers inspected and reconditioned if required.

• 4 weeks later...