Subtitles don't show in full

I'm on to disc 4 of The Killing (excellent series BTW) and all of a sudden the presentation of the subtitles has changed.  I am now only getting one line instead of two, sometimes nothing at all. That is, part of the subtitles is always off-screen. I've tried playing around with the picture to no avail.  Ideally, I'd like to make it smaller but there doesn't seem to be provision for this on my TV, which is a Sony Bravia, a few years old now. 

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Guest VladimirFreddie

I'm pretty sure my oppo has the option of where abouts the subtitles are positioned.  Perhaps your blu-ray player has the same?

I'm pretty sure my oppo has the option of where abouts the subtitles are positioned.  Perhaps your blu-ray player has the same?

Yes, I had the same problem and my Oppo has a part in the menu to adjust the position of the subtitles..................fixed the same problem that the OP is having too.

Cheers,

Keith

Many thanks for your comments.  My player is a Cambridge Azur 650BD, which I understand is a rebadged Oppo.  I 'solved' the problem by adjusting the display to 4:3 letterbox, which distorts the picture a little bit but at least I can now see the dialogue!

I had that issue with one of your discs. I later discovered that my subtitle position in settings was offset from normal - it must have been done by an update since I never changed that. Check the settings.