Problem with Tokyo Drift disc from Fast & Furious 1-4 boxset?

Hi Guys,

I received this email from Amazon yesterday. Anyone else got the same email? I did not notice any fault when I was watching the disc though. Maybe need to watch it all over again. Hahhaha.

Dear Customer,

We are writing in relation to your order 202-5647292-******* which contained the Fast & Furious 1-4 Box Set on Blu-ray.

We have been made aware of a manufacturing issue with this title you purchased from Amazon.co.uk.

The symptom of the fault is a buzzing sound and picture freeze on the ‘Tokyo Drift’ disc.

To receive a replacement disc free of charge please contact the manufacturer at the following email address, quoting your Amazon order ID:

enquiriesuk@nbcuni.com

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and would like to thank you for choosing Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

Got the mail too and also have not watched the set. Google around and will see that the replacement has been on-going for a few months now.

I did come across several forums briefly discussing this but not much info. I will rewatch and see if I can pin point the fault. I will post if I can detect the exact spot the problem occurs. 

sigh.......I have a faulty disc "Tokyo Drift".

Actually, like most bros, I din bother to open it since I had received it some time ago. I had only watched the 4th segment.

After receiveing the email, I den back-side itchy and check it out. Worst, my Oppo 83 spins the disc in such a noisy pace that I can hear it from 3m away. I have to force power Oppo down to stop the spinning!!!

I write to enquiriesuk@nbcuni.com, but no reply. And so I complain to Amazon UK. They sorta indicate the stock has run out, and so I will be refunded for the whole boxed item  :-\

I have just watched the whole thing again.

The buzzing noise / spinning sound is quite obvious when you 1st insert the BD into the player. Once the movie starts, the sound is gone.

As for the reported frame freezing, I did not notice any. However, There seems to be a lip sync issue from around the 100mins mark.

I have written to the email address Amazon provided, no response as well. Will give it a few days before contacting Amazon.

sigh.......I have a faulty disc "Tokyo Drift".

Actually, like most bros, I din bother to open it since I had received it some time ago. I had only watched the 4th segment.

After receiveing the email, I den back-side itchy and check it out. Worst, my Oppo 83 spins the disc in such a noisy pace that I can hear it from 3m away. I have to force power Oppo down to stop the spinning!!!

I write to enquiriesuk@nbcuni.com, but no reply. And so I complain to Amazon UK. They sorta indicate the stock has run out, and so I will be refunded for the whole boxed item  :-\

do you have to ship back and return the defective box sets to amazon uk for your refund?

• 2 weeks later...

Me also received the email - SHORTLY.

Amazon decided to refund me in cash. Guess it must be more expensive to re-ship the whole boxed set to me.

I hope NBC will ship me the replacement  :)

NBC finally replied that they will send me a replacement shortly. ::) Now I have 2 sets of F&F as Amazon already shipped a replacement set over 2 weeks back.

Hmmm. I have yet to hear from NBC. Maybe time to email them a chaser.

Me also received the email - SHORTLY.

Amazon decided to refund me in cash. Guess it must be more expensive to re-ship the whole boxed set to me.

I hope NBC will ship me the replacement  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Juz receive the replacement disc.

It comes in a simple, subtle envelop and the BD in a simple, 'cheong'-like disc envelop.

Test it, and it plays normally - no loud mechanic spinning noise. But din have time to test for lip-sync though  ;D

It comes in a simple, subtle envelop and the BD in a simple, 'cheong'-like disc envelop.

Test it, and it plays normally - no loud mechanic spinning noise. But din have time to test for lip-sync though  ;D

Thanks for the update bro. I am still waiting for mine ......

Haven't received mine yet.  :(

A day before I received the subtle envelop, I was impatient and so I emailed and then they replied:

> Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 6:26 PM

> You're disc a week ago via standard

> class post. To be honest we don't normally ship outside the

> UK so I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Singapore so

> I can't advise when exactly it will arrive with you.

> Hopefully in a few days.

>

> Kind regards

Guess if you receive their email that it will be shipped out SHORTLY, it will be come, but LATER  ;D