SOLD: FS: KENWOOD CD PLAYER LD 1

SOLD

Item: Kenwood CD player LD 1 
Price: $1400
Item Condition: Very Good. 
Reason for selling: Too many CD and CD Transport
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only, bank transfer
Extra Info: This Kenwood CD player is very rare and hard to find had been service and not use much, it is in mint condition. This unit is 240 volt. This unit had IEC upgrade to use difference power cable. Plenty of info on the Net. Please search Kenwood LD 1 the vintage knob. This Kenwood model is built by Accuphase Engineer and Accuphase part, this model had a name of CD turntable, it has a claim to place on top of disc and disc is turn upside down when play. Please pm me or surf the Net for more info. This unit come with original box, original remote control. No manual. Very heavy, over 20kg.

will donate after sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

20190927_071301.jpg

20190927_071253.jpg

20191017_055503.jpg

Edited by tchye nguyen
Extra photos
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

This CD player is a keeper ...You would not buy an equivalent high quality player like this today for under 20K.

The build quality is second to none with the feather touch motorised lid. 

I can vouch for the sound quality of this unit  as I own a similar Deck the CDC -3500RG Denon 

I hope it goes to a Discerning Owner ....Maybe me :)...........

I have owned this player myself as well as the Kenwood L1000 series.

This player is very good as a transport as the dac is a little outdated but it has a very nice analogue sound similar to the Marantz CD94 & CD12 but better.It does need really good interconnects to make it shine.GLWTS

Edited by Conrad1970

25 minutes ago, Conrad1970 said:

I have owned this player myself as well as the Kenwood L1000 series.

This player is very good as a transport as the dac is a little outdated but it has a very nice analogue sound similar to the Marantz CD94 & CD12 but better.It does need really good interconnects to make it shine.GLWTS

Great CDP here guys! 

As far as it sounding better than a Marantz CD12 (still fetching $6K plus...) I very, very much doubt! 

GLWTS! 

12 minutes ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

Great CDP here guys! 

As far as it sounding better than a Marantz CD12 (still fetching $6K plus...) I very, very much doubt! 

GLWTS! 

I had a CD12 too & the Kenwood is better but the CD12 has collectable value for what reason I don't know.

Not everything more expensive has to sound better as it comes to personal taste but I can tell you the Kenwood is a very good sounding player.

I had the matching LA-1 integrated amp & compared it to the Marantz PM95 which I also had at the time as I was the only person to have one in WA & I can tell you the Marantz PM95 in class A mode was better then the LA-1 but again not much better.Kenwood was at it's peak in sound quality when LA-1 & LD-1 was manufactured.Thanks 

Edited by Conrad1970

6 minutes ago, Conrad1970 said:

I had a CD12 too & the Kenwood is better but the CD12 has collectable value for what reason I don't know.

Not everything more expensive has to sound better as it comes to personal taste but I can tell you the Kenwood is a very good sounding player

Hmmm... It’s a crazy, subjective hobby we have!