2 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Another tricky one. Sid was used for almost all of Sid James characters if memory serves. 

I will say Camping. Sid Boggle, Joan Fussey, Babs, Kenneth Soper, Charlie Muggins. Terry Scott was the odd one out. 

You sir are good!

Ok one more..

I have just rewatched CO Henry via Daily Dailymotion (better than I remember), who played Guy Fawkes??

1 hour ago, Hifigeek said:

You sir are good!

Ok one more..

I have just rewatched CO Henry via Daily Dailymotion (better than I remember), who played Guy Fawkes??

Was it Kenneth Connor?

I too notice that the rewatches are more enlitening than for the first time. 

18 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Was it Kenneth Connor?

I too notice that the rewatches are more enlitening than for the first time. 

No it was actually the late great Bill Maynard. He was a wonderful actor who not only featuring in a number of Carry On's but also had a pretty amazing tv career in the UK. His most widely known role in Australia is as Claude Greengrass in the series Heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, Hifigeek said:

No it was actually the late great Bill Maynard. He was a wonderful actor who not only featuring in a number of Carry On's but also had a pretty amazing tv career in the UK. His most widely known role in Australia is as Claude Greengrass in the series Heartbeat.

Old Bill Maynard. I watched some of Heartbeat. He also excelled in that sitcom.. Oh No, It's Selwyn Froggitt! (1976–78). Agree.. a wonderful and versatile actor.

55 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Old Bill Maynard. I watched some of Heartbeat. He also excelled in that sitcom.. Oh No, It's Selwyn Froggitt! (1976–78). Agree.. a wonderful and versatile actor.

I can't believe that you know of Selwyn Froggitt (what a legend!)

17 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

I can't believe that you know of Selwyn Froggitt (what a legend!)

I found it on DM I think. I am always seeking out the more obscure UK shows. Reckon your countrymen do it better than anyone else.

Edited by cultfilman

8 hours ago, cultfilman said:

This is still open.

This has been bugging me. I know I should know it, but I don't! Looks like a young Bernard Cribbins on the right... it's got me beat.

2 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

This has been bugging me. I know I should know it, but I don't! Looks like a young Bernard Cribbins on the right... it's got me beat.

If it is bugging you.. then chances are you have not seen this Trevor. hint. The film has an absurd sub plot where a beautiful blonde impersonates Cribbin's character. Reckon  Peter Rogers lost the plot with this one. Think sailor for the title.

9 hours ago, cultfilman said:

If it is bugging you.. then chances are you have not seen this Trevor. hint. The film has an absurd sub plot where a beautiful blonde impersonates Cribbin's character. Reckon  Peter Rogers lost the plot with this one. Think sailor for the title.

Ok I am thinking that it has to be Carry On Admiral, athough I'm not 100% sure as I have never actually watched it.

Also here is another one... name the game that Henry and Marie played on their wedding night in Carry On Henry.

15 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

Ok I am thinking that it has to be Carry On Admiral, athough I'm not 100% sure as I have never actually watched it.

Also here is another one... name the game that Henry and Marie played on their wedding night in Carry On Henry.

Hide the sausage. or was it tiddly winks ? 

Why did they play tiddlywinks?

This is a classic quote from Henry.

Marie: What did you do with your other wives.

Henry: With old Jane we played naughts and crosses. 

I gave  her naught and she got crossed.?

This may be a touch off topic.. but had to post it. 

A dumb blonde joke.
Blonde: "I’ve heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person’s hair have to do with her worth as a human being? It’s men like you that keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching our full potential as a person. Because you and men like you continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general, and all in the name of humor!" 
Ventriloquist: "I'm sorry ma'am but..."Blonde: "You stay out of this, mister! I’m talking to that little idiot on your knee."

18 hours ago, cultfilman said:

This may be a touch off topic.. but had to post it. 

A dumb blonde joke.
Blonde: "I’ve heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person’s hair have to do with her worth as a human being? It’s men like you that keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching our full potential as a person. Because you and men like you continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general, and all in the name of humor!" 
Ventriloquist: "I'm sorry ma'am but..."Blonde: "You stay out of this, mister! I’m talking to that little idiot on your knee."

Terrible... (but funny!)

Here's a quick question...

In Carry On Doctor what is the name of Frankie Howard's character and for a second point, why did he end up in hospital?

2 hours ago, cultfilman said:

In same film what character did Jim Dale play and why was he sacked.

Ok, you were very close with your last answer. It was Mr Bigger, and yes he fell off the stage hurting his back.

I know Jim Dale played a doctor (not sure of the name however) and he was possibly sacked because he was caught in an uncompromising position with a nurse? (Maybe Barbara Windsor's character??) Wow my memory is getting worse!

7 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

Ok, you were very close with your last answer. It was Mr Bigger, and yes he fell off the stage hurting his back.

I know Jim Dale played a doctor (not sure of the name however) and he was possibly sacked because he was caught in an uncompromising position with a nurse? (Maybe Barbara Windsor's character??) Wow my memory is getting worse!

Dale played plain old Dr Kilmore. Everyone had plain names in this one. Yes the compromising situation was he  was accused of perving on Babs character on the roof of the nurses  building. In fact, he wrongly believed she planned to jump from it. 

11 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Dale played plain old Dr Kilmore. Everyone had plain names in this one. Yes the compromising situation was he  was accused of perving on Babs character on the roof of the nurses  building. In fact, he wrongly believed she planned to jump from it. 

Of course! I really need to rewatch.

Here's another. Name the film and for a second point... why are they wet?

IMG_20190310_16460.jpg

• Like 1

Carry on Abroad. The roof was only covered by a tarp and when the sloppy workers removed it Joan and Sid were soaked ..presumedly from captured water from the storm nite earlier.

Edited by cultfilman