Jvc Dla-X500Rbe Ceiling Mount Advice

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered the JVC Adapter Plate and mount from B & H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/766282-REG/Peerless_Industries_PRG_JVC_DLA_Precision_Gear_Projector_Mount.html

Just a couple more questions:

1. Power cable, can you run it along with the HDMI cables to the front or there has to be a minimum distance between the two wires?

2. Do I need to cut a hole in the ceiling for the wires to run through the mount or a separate hole for wiring?

Thank you Chopsus that explains.

Now coming to the screen size, I want to go as big as possible. I normally watching 2.35:1 source material. I can extend to almost 9-10 meters in length, seating area probably 4-6 meters.

Am I correct to assume that 1.5x zoom, 6.1meters is the best distance or the sweet point for my projector? I am looking at the figures at Projectcentral.

I tested the picture at 6.5m and looks great to me.To be safe should I go 7 meters which will give me 147" wide picture (2.35:1 ratio)?

These were the sizes (no diagonal just the horizontal width) I had at the zoom at maximum which I guess is not ideal and I should aim for 1.5x zoom (correct me if I am wrong)/

5.1m - 142"

5.5m - 153"

6.1m - 166"

Please note that I am happy just to project at the wall at this stage, the picture is ver pleasing to my eyes. I might spend money on the biggest scope screen down the track.

Edited by here2rock

I understand Chopsus but what is the optimal setting for this projector in terms of sharpness of the lens and brightnes? Is this magic number 6.1? I had it set it up 7 meters back and it was still as good as 5-6 meters.

What is my objective apart from just the size? Am I aiming my desired screen size with 1.5x zoom?

At this stage I am thinking 6.5 meters.

Edited by here2rock

In general terms, is 6.5 meters considered too far back for this kind of projector?

Question on HDMI cable, I am thinking 15 meters, there are two different versions I have seen on eBay, 1.4V and 2.0V, the latter being a lot more expensive:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ultra-Premium-HDMI-Cable-Gold-Plated-V2-0-3D-4K-High-Speed-Audio-Ethernet-1m-20m-/390645849363?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Power_Boards_Cables&var=&hash=item5af44e9d13

Is it going to be useful in my set up or just a waste of money?

I think I will stick with 1.4V at the moment. Reading more on it suggests that your 1.4V cable should be able to do 2.0V data transfer rates anyway.

I'm using my 1.3 cables and can watch 4K, 3D, all perfectly fine.

Just FYI http://www.cnet.com/au/news/hdmi-2-0-what-you-need-to-know/

Will I need a new cable?
NO! Well, probably not. Here is the exact quote from HDMI.org: "Version 2.0 of the HDMI Specification does not define new cables or new connectors. Current High Speed cables (category 2 cables) are capable of carrying the increased bandwidth." Emphasis mine. Here's another direct quote: "HDMI 2.0, which is backwards-compatible with earlier versions of the HDMI specifications..."

Version 2.0 (like 1.4 before it) is entirely a hardware change. It is not a cable change. You can expect cable manufacturers to proclaim that you need expensive new "Version 2.0 cables" but this is untrue. Your current High Speed cables should work just fine .

I hedge with "should" as if the cable isn't fully up to the High Speed spec, it might not work. In this case, you might get dropouts or sparkles (as discussed in this article ). If you do, a different but not more expensive HDMI cable should work just fine.

It's worth mentioning, again, that 4K HDMI cables are nonsense.

Just FYI http://www.cnet.com/au/news/hdmi-2-0-what-you-need-to-know/

Will I need a new cable?

If you do, a different but not more expensive HDMI cable should work just fine.

It's worth mentioning, again, that 4K HDMI cables are nonsense.

Thank you for the confirmation.

hey all. Can someone with an x500 give me an indication on the footprint of this unit. I need to make a larger platform for my stand to support my new purchase and would like to have it done and ready before my unit arrives.

Cheers

Stef

They are 480mm deep and 450mm wide.. within 10mm for each. So platform should be 600 deep and about 550-600 wide, this will give you about 120mm to the back and 50-70mm each side.

The feet are in closer than this at 390mm between front and back and 33mm0 between left and right.

They are 480mm deep and 450mm wide.. within 10mm for each. So platform should be 600 deep and about 550-600 wide, this will give you about 120mm to the back and 50-70mm each side.

The feet are in closer than this at 390mm between front and back and 33mm0 between left and right.

Thanx muchly.......thats quite a bit bigger than the epson 5200..............a big step up in picture quality for me too....im all excited about getting my new toy now

Thanks for that Quark. Since I got the 15m cable, I am trying to avoid the cable joiner even though they look a lot neater. I ordered the Brush Type Plate.

I know my sister had a problem with bullnose types plate.Firstly the rodents entering inside the house from ceiling through the bullnose, the AV installer filled up the hole with silicone. One day she realised that the pull-down screen was not working anymore, only to discover that the electrical wire had been eaten by the rodents!

Just to add my 2 bobs worth, I have the X500 and Peerless mount and works great, Placed a piece of timber on top of gyprock and supported it with 2 droppers down from the truss. I found an empty "no more gaps " tube is the correct size pipe to put down though the insulation and gyprock into the base of the mount to run cables though. Plenty of room for power and 2 HDMI cables. I like the way you can remove the PJ easily and leave the base on the ceiling. But care must be taken as they are heavy. With the lens shift on the PJ and very easy adjustments on the mount it a breeze to set up.

Happy Viewing.