Denon 2014 Avr X- Series New Releases?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Spero. Would you mind which is the other retailer listing it?

Exiting times!!! :hyper:

Digital Cinema in Sydney

http://www.digitalcinema.com.au/Denon-AVR-X5200W-9ch-Integrated-Network-Receiver-w-p/denon-avr-x5200w.htm

Don't know why they show the Champagne/Silver option as Qualifi doesn't bring that color into the country. However you can only choose Black from the color selection there.

Edited by Spero D.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm assuming Singapore models use the same power voltage as we do so you don't need a power converter, is that right? Is there any reason other than warranty not to get it from there? The 5200 is way over priced here at $3600, the 4100 seems like better value at $2300 but you need an external 2 channel amp if you want 5.1.4. I have a spare receiver amp I could use for that purpose but it's a messy way of doing it.

Edited by gllp

This is how I look at it.

SGD$2070 or $1868 Australian

Shipping using Fedex is SGD$400 from a certain retailer.

International Money Transfer- $22

Total is SGD $2470 or $2222 AUD

Add in the import Duty-

Customs value (CV) of imported Goods = $1868

Then the Customs Duty @ 5% of the $1868 (CV) = $93.40 (Payable)
International transport and insurance (T&I) = $360.00
Then the VoTI = (CV) + Duty + (T&I) = $2222
GST = 10% of the VoTI = 10% x $2222 = $222.22 (Payable)
Therefore the Total Duty plus GST payable = $315.62
So your total cost is $2559 landed no issues (other than Warranty)
Australian RRP $3599
Assuming a 20% discount (Do-able depending on your relationship with your dealer) is $2879.
Is a local warranty worth the an extra $300? I think so. Is it worth an extra $620 odd if you avoid duty by under declaring? I still think so. However if you are going to Singapore and bringing one back yourself then the decision is harder :)
As always YMMV.
Edited by Spero D.

Hmmm... going to Singapore mid-October. Plenty of luggage space available. Wondering if I should risk bringing one back?

IMO, yes, if you can find one on the ground... I understand that they aren't in stock yet right now, but if they are when you go, that's brilliant.

I have not had any issues with my overseas purchases, so long as I used the original boxes.

Many double box too.

I have shipped subwoofers, amps, speakers etc. No dramas... the bigger it is, the less likely they will throw it around..

See the shopping overseas thread for places to buy in Singapore if you are there. There are alternatives, just that they don't ship..

au.denon.com which is the Denon link the Qualifi site sends you to now lists all the Denon 2014 models up to the X5200W. Manuals etc are available for download from the site.

So now, just got to find someone who is selling them....

As I said to import one is $2559 to get one locally with local warranty is $3599. So a $1000 difference less what you can can wiggle with a dealer ie. 10%. So IMO it is worthwhile purchasing locally for the warranty.

As for myself I'm still tempted to wait for the AVR-X7200W which lands in January in the US and hopefully the same here.

Edited by Spero D.