The New Changes To Foxtel...confusion.

Can someone please concisely explain what the new chanegs are?

When does Foxtel Box Office end?

Will I be able to download HD movies anymore?

Why is it only a $5 credit when there is $12 worth of value missing.

When do I need to plug in my ethernet cable?

A little confused.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please concisely explain what the new chanegs are?

When does Foxtel Box Office end?

Will I be able to download HD movies anymore?

Why is it only a $5 credit when there is $12 worth of value missing.

When do I need to plug in my ethernet cable?

A little confused.....

1. Foxtel Box Office ends November 1

2. Yes you can still download HD Movies

3. Cause Rupert Murdoch is a tightarse and wants to get every penny out of people in every possible way

4. Available right now

Hope this solves the confusion

No it isn't. Foxtel has added back onto their platform another 8 FBO NVOD channels since the Delhi games and they will go live within a week so subscribers will have a total of 16 FBO channels from the current 8. It may be another year or so before FBO is deactivated completely. When the next round of new channels are added (most likely in Nov 2011) the remaining FBO channel slots will be finally decommissioned and used for the extra channels.

Darth if you're asking when the included movies in the Platinum package end, it's 1 November.

Yes this is what I meant. Mind you I've ditched Foxtel all together for Apple TV and Netflix starting here next year.

I'm actually surprised Foxtel hasnt rung me yet <_<

Still think Rupert is a tightarse :P

Edited by Darth

Darth if you're asking when the included movies in the Platinum package end, it's 1 November.

I upgraded to a Telstra bundle that includes Platinum HD in September. Does that entitle me to 2 Box Office movies before 1 November? I can't order Box Office from the IQ2 because I get an error message even though the phone line tests okay so I would have to use the automated phone order system.

2. Yes you can still download HD Movies

3. Cause Rupert Murdoch is a tightarse and wants to get every penny out of people in every possible way

4. Available right now

Hope this solves the confusion

So I better grab my two free movies before Nov !???

I upgraded to a Telstra bundle that includes Platinum HD in September. Does that entitle me to 2 Box Office movies before 1 November? I can't order Box Office from the IQ2 because I get an error message even though the phone line tests okay so I would have to use the automated phone order system.

I still grabbed one the other night. I am going to try and get my 2 free ones before Nov 1.

Hi all,

This is an excerpt from my Foxtel bill summary downloaded today. I have Platinum HD.

Subscription 28-Oct-10 to 27-Nov-10 $135.00

Other Charges $0.00

Total this Bill (including GST): $135.00

This is confusing. If I am being charged $135 for the period ending 27 November, then why does my access to the two "free" FBO movies expire on 1 November?

Otherwise, shouldn't I have been charged a pro-rata rate (about $130.66)?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Jabba.

Hi all,

This is an excerpt from my Foxtel bill summary downloaded today. I have Platinum HD.

Subscription 28-Oct-10 to 27-Nov-10 $135.00

Other Charges $0.00

Total this Bill (including GST): $135.00

This is confusing. If I am being charged $135 for the period ending 27 November, then why does my access to the two "free" FBO movies expire on 1 November?

Otherwise, shouldn't I have been charged a pro-rata rate (about $130.66)?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Jabba.

The new pricing is Effective from 2 November, 2010

Nobody will be charged under the new price scheme until November 2

So they are ripping off each platinum subscriber $5, hmm that would add up to alot of $$$$$

Something for the TIO or the ACCC?

They are not ripping anyone off.

Foxtel can modify the prices and things offered however they want to.

Edited by loony

True but seeing I have ADSL 2+ and a crappy phone line system...720P is fine for us.

I rang them up today to find out what my tv,phone& iternet bundle price will be & they told me the hd package goes down by $5.00. seems to be a bit strange as she said the hd pricing goes down from $15.00 to $10.00 & $5.00 off for the loss of free 2 movies. So I said "okay so that's $15.00 per month off my package price & she said "NO" $5.00 over all .

She stated we still get 1 FREE MOVIE per month for 6 Months. She informed me new letters are coming out.

Edited by plumgas

This topic has gone off track.

Getting it back on....I have installed a net cable and I am not getting a DHCP address.

The interface says "disabled".

You have to call and have the Ethernet port enabled