Selectv Ceases English-language Pay Tv

He didnt get it from anyware lol,

We were suggesting things that would be reasonable for foxtel to offer us, to get us to subscribe to them!

I hate the fact that they think they can just "smoothly" transfet us over to foxtel, we picked selectv OVER foxtel for a reason.

Yea like being able to use our own equipment. I have a sat card in a PC running MediaPortal. Bet Austar won't let me use that any more.

:angry2:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didnt get it from anyware lol,

We were suggesting things that would be reasonable for foxtel to offer us, to get us to subscribe to them!

I hate the fact that they think they can just "smoothly" transfet us over to foxtel, we picked selectv OVER foxtel for a reason.

No i called foxtel and that was their offer, foxtel have a few operators to deal with select subs,

No i called foxtel and that was their offer, foxtel have a few operators to deal with select subs,

Oh really?

Well thats not bad then, i wonder if they will swap movies for another $16 pack? I mean they should shouldnt they? Movies and other packs are the same.

I would join if they swapped, the movies for the kids package.

Also how long is that offer for? Meaning do we only get the get started pack + movies for $42 for the first month? or is it forever?

Edited by Jamiez

Oh really?

Well thats not bad then, i wonder if they will swap movies for another $16 pack? I mean they should shouldnt they? Movies and other packs are the same.

I would join if they swapped, the movies for the kids package.

Also how long is that offer for? Meaning do we only get the get started pack + movies for $42 for the first month? or is it forever?

for 12m on contract negotiate with foxtel you may be surprised

for 12m on contract negotiate with foxtel you may be surprised

I just sent them an email, we will see what happens.

Hi,

My names Jamie, i was a previous selectv subscriber and i was quite upset to learn that they were not going to be broadcasting the english

packages anymore, because what they had for the price suited my family well. Now im thinking about joining foxtel but there are a few things

that i would like to confirm. now i know that us, former selectv subscribers will be receiving a letter in the mail soon with a way

to smoothly "transfer over" to foxtel. I heard along the grapevine from another former selectv subscriber who called up and contacted you about, what you

will be offering us and apparently hes going to be getting the "Get started pack + Movies" for $42 a month on a 12 month contract. If thats true! thats

not a bad deal.

I checked the prices of the different packages on your website and the majority of the prices for each packages is an additional $16. If what my friend said

is true about the package you are offering him, would it be possible to swap the movies package with the Kids & Music package? since they are the same price?

This is because, it would suite my family more.

If this is possible i would have no problem switching and joining foxtel.

Thanks,

Jamie

send me a private message

It wont let me lol,

it keeps saying sent, but then when i check my sent items it says there nothing in there.... so im not sure if your

getting my messages or not? I also got an email saying you sent me one previously, but when i went to my inbox

it said it was empty... so im not sure whats going on there...

if you wanna send me something tho, feel free to email it "jamie-_-k@live.com.au"

Wow that's a great deal. I guess I wil wait til they sent out are letter or something. I rang them but was on hold for 20mins

I wonder if there will be a setup fee and if we can use our own equipment? Just need a new smartcard and a repoint which I did for Selectv.

I wonder if there will be a setup fee and if we can use our own equipment? Just need a new smartcard and a repoint which I did for Selectv.

That's why I called but the wait was too long. I don't want IQ and that stuff just the channels. Hopefully just a smartcard and re-scan the box

Im waiting for them to reply to my email..... I cant call them as i dont have a phone phone at the moment due to getting naked ADSL installed....

forget email. When you get your phone on, call them and ask for more than what their offer is bargan hard, its not that difficult, what have you got to lose!

I'd imagine the best offer you'll get is a free dish realignment.

I can't see either Foxtel or Austar allowing 'card only' options, particularly Austar, due to the 'married card/box' they made mandatory.

As for package options.... I suspect they'll offer what ever any new customer is offered at the time... no more, no less.

Basically, take it or leave it.

As for package options.... I suspect they'll offer what ever any new customer is offered at the time... no more, no less.

Basically, take it or leave it.

If that is the attitude thats what will happen....

Please please re-read my earler posts.

If that is the attitude thats what will happen....

Please please re-read my earler posts.

I've had Select for 4 years and it's a shame that it's going. I'm going to get Fetch TV, many of the same channels and similar pricing to Select. Movies on demand is the way things are going; quality of the movies on Select (and Foxtel) has recently dropped and I'm sure the studios are saving the better titles for this market. Will post when my box arrives and I've had a chance to try it.

I've had Select for 4 years and it's a shame that it's going. I'm going to get Fetch TV, many of the same channels and similar pricing to Select. Movies on demand is the way things are going; quality of the movies on Select (and Foxtel) has recently dropped and I'm sure the studios are saving the better titles for this market. Will post when my box arrives and I've had a chance to try it.

I had a look at Fetch, considering im already with iinet, but the channel line up just doesnt look like it would suite me and my family. I must admit movies on demand would be cool... but im not into movies cause i can get them anytime i want. I would prefer things like music channels, entertainment channels, kids channels.... and all fetch looks like it has to offer are things like Animal planet and some of the Discovery channels. Maybe if they offered a few more things for kids/teens.

I had a look at Fetch, considering im already with iinet, but the channel line up just doesnt look like it would suite me and my family. I must admit movies on demand would be cool... but im not into movies cause i can get them anytime i want. I would prefer things like music channels, entertainment channels, kids channels.... and all fetch looks like it has to offer are things like Animal planet and some of the Discovery channels. Maybe if they offered a few more things for kids/teens.

+1 - Fetch is more oriented towards On Demand with the focus at the moment more on movies it seems. I am also interested in channels like Nick, Nick Jr, Playhouse Disney, Disney and Cartoon Network as well as Sport. When these IPTV providers start to get deals done with content providers which are more flexible and allow me to choose individual channels as apposed to groupings, then it will be very attractive and I suspect will take over the industry overnight. Imagine a day when you could pick any of the hundreds of satelite channels on Foxtel individually at a cost of say $5/m each with discounts as you added more. That is a business model that will work, imho. But for now, it seems that we ill have to negotiate hard with Foxtel to get a better deal. I suspect that one can do quite a bit better than the $42/month with free movie pack. There is quite a lot of discussion on WP around Foxtel bargaining which shows that you can do a lot better than the standard deals.

I used to like foxtel and as a teen i wanted it so bad, i begged my parents but they just wouldnt get it... now im starting to hate them, they are

forever advertising and now there starting to eliminate all competition so we are FORCED to join them!

For the record Foxtel did not eliminate selecttv - selecttv did it all on their own.

For the record Foxtel did not eliminate selecttv - selecttv did it all on their own.

I agree that Foxtel did not eliminate them, as Foxtel mostly refused to compete in the low cost Pay TV market and therefore didnt often attract Select customer to switch over. I suspect that because Select didnt advertise very much, they couldnt attract enough customers to obtain critical mass and decided that without a major change in strategy they could not turn the business around. On top of that I think that Ruppert Mudoch's News Corp which owns most of the content on Selectv and Foxtel probably jacked up prices on them and made it unviable.

Well i got the reply back from the email i suspected

"Gives us your home address and phone number, and we would be happy have a customer service sales agent call you back"

Selectv done the same thng when i emailed them for a little more info about the FMC and Starpics channels......

I wish customer service would be universal, instead of independant to phones, thinking they can vocally talk you

into a sale. Seriously? Whats the point of even having a company email if they are just gonna respond with, ill call you.

Anyway i responded with i dont have an active phone line at the moment..... which is true, hence the fact i emailed in the

furst place instead of calling...

Now ill have to wait untill tomorrow for most likley ANOTHER automated email.

There was a posting on WP which says that someone managed to negotiate Gold HD IQ2 for $50, which includes either movie network or showtime, you can add the other movies for $16. So basically platinum without the 2 box office each month for $66. Now thats what I can a reasonable deal.

There was a posting on WP which says that someone managed to negotiate Gold HD IQ2 for $50, which includes either movie network or showtime, you can add the other movies for $16. So basically platinum without the 2 box office each month for $66. Now thats what I can a reasonable deal.

Wow! that sounds like a really good deal!

They should have no problem accepting my basic + kids & music for $42 then.... plus ill be giving them a 12m contract.

Nice work to that guy negotiating, that deal!

Wow! that sounds like a really good deal!

They should have no problem accepting my basic + kids & music for $42 then.... plus ill be giving them a 12m contract.

Nice work to that guy negotiating, that deal!

No they wont have a problem with basic + kids if thats what you want ask for more you will may be suprised at what you can get understand!

No they wont have a problem with basic + kids if thats what you want ask for more you will may be suprised at what you can get understand!

Well its been confirmed.

"I can confirm that you would be able to swap the Movies package over to the Kids & Family package if you require a different package option. If you would like to discuss the package options further with me, please confirm your best contact number and l will arrange to contact you on Friday."

I understand i could try to make a better deal with them, but i dont really want to push my luck! I'm happy with that and im glad they were kind enough to accept!

So bottom line, it looks like Foxtel are up for negotiation, and at BEST you can get the basic pack plus an extra add on pack free on a $42, 12m contract!

Well its been confirmed.

"I can confirm that you would be able to swap the Movies package over to the Kids & Family package if you require a different package option. If you would like to discuss the package options further with me, please confirm your best contact number and l will arrange to contact you on Friday."

I understand i could try to make a better deal with them, but i dont really want to push my luck! I'm happy with that and im glad they were kind enough to accept!

So bottom line, it looks like Foxtel are up for negotiation, and at BEST you can get the basic pack plus an extra add on pack free on a $42, 12m contract!

push your luck dont settle for that ask for family iq plus movies offer them $50-$65 push hard they will go for it if you negotiate hard