TT build

3G_

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much progress.

I have managed to source some SS coupling nuts soi can get rid of the horuble zinc ones in the last picture (on the VTA adjuster).

With the help of a member on diyaudio i am getting a pcb made up to build the phono stage. The HPS 5.1 is thedesign, should be a challenge to build.

Waiting on another piece of slate for the motor housing, and also some isolation cones to come.

• 1 month later...

Been a bit more progress. The speed control board is now made, i will be able to adjust frequency for the AC synchronous motor.

The motor pod has had the centre cut out of it, what a PITA that was. It is polished but i missed the edges as it was getting dark.

Need to finalised parts for speed control and phonostage, then get off by backside and order them.

Edited by 3G_

Some more quick pics, sorry for the poor quality pics.

Those edges sure look rough, another cold wet arvo polishing ahead of me!

Edited by 3G_

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAAARRRRRRR.

Spent the day working of the speed control. Really happy with it.

Having never set up a TT i spent a few hours checking and double checking how to set it up. I was about to turn it on for the first time to see how it tracks and then in a act of stupidity i brushed the tonearm with my handand snapped the tip off my new DL 103R.

Ouch! Welcome to viny playback. :) Get that out of the way early and it should be on the up from here.

Don't junk it as retipped Denon 103R is worthwhile. Soundsmith, Expert Stylus or Garrotts Bros.

Edited by jaspert