Cancelling Foxtel

No that's not true at all. I took the suspension offer because it was the only way to get the guy off the phone.

Seriously, he would not shut up. I know how to get rid of telemarketers and have years of experience. This guy was unbelievable. I couldn't simply hang up or anything, I needed something from him i.e. cancellation.

At least now I'm no longer a customer and my contact number is registered on the do not call register. If they ring me again, I can threaten legal action. :D

Spineless!

Weak you are, an easy sales conversion you do make....Mmmmm

Seriously mate, just admit you didn't have the conviction to carry through with your cancellation...After reading your posts I am embarrassed for you.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are eager at the moment, I was on over $80 a month and called to disconnect, they kept making offers down to around $50 a month, I kept saying NO NO NO for maybe 10 minutes and he eventually got the message (poor guy sounded so upset too).. A week later another guy called (that was less annoying than the disconnection guy) and offered $29 a month with IQ2 and all the channels I had before (contract free)...

Edited by joele

Hi i read all that about the issues of foxtel cancelation. I see it very interesting course i too had a similar problem like that and aventualy they lie and end up me paying more.

Yep telemarketing are there to trick you no dought about that.

What you should really do or anyone willing to cancel foxtel.. Just dont go thru details and this and that simply say ( i wish to cancel FOXTEL because im going to live overseas) Im sure they will then not end up negoticating with you about cheap promotions and free playstation if you stay on foxtel or such.

Simply make a statement (im going to live overseas and i am not comming for for sometime) Or just say we all the family moving overseas to (live) not temporary or such.

Surely they wouldnt end up giving you promotions and such right ? obviously because you declair your going overseas to live (pretend) just say you going overseas to live the whole family. And lets seee what thier respond will be.... it would be interesting if they try call you back 3 days later for special promotions for foxtel even though you stated your going to live overseas to whatever say romania.. or russia or france

So they wont end up promoting and endless conversation to make you stay... I mean if you where to move overseas surely the promoitions they giving you would be pointless..

So if you where to cancel and want it cancel today say your moving out next month overseas for good. Lets see how fools they are from foxtel to try keep you ?

Know becarefull i think they would somehoe try investigate either you still living in australia in the next few months... just to see either you lied about it so then they end up telemarketing u when unexpected a ring ring phone call and then u new its them again. So seriously what could you do about it.....

So remember say you moving overseas to europe next month and want the foxtel cancel

Remember you have to be off the contract for somtime to do this otherwise your going to go thru circles marry go round.

Goodluck

I try to low down some channels packages course i hardly ever watch it.

Believe it or not AGAIN next month your bill will increase by 3.00 dollars just like a few months ago at the start of the year they did the same thing and now again.. geez... thats why i want to have less channels course im paying too much and if i dont do anything and the bill increase to all customers u will see a big bill.

So think about it.. You want to cancel and you ask them to cancel it for you. They just going to make it out that aventualy you want foxtel back in the near future... So the trick is... say your going over seas the whole family to europe to live there... And foxtel will be pointless to keep since you will say your going to live overseas. yeah? just fake it and say your going overseas.

If you dont say that obviously someway or another you will be harrased by them when they call you back about foxtel promotions and such.... I dont no... But good luck and anyone canceling foxtel. There is more good stuff on free to air digital and theres more to come so who will beat the rest? get it free foxtel just wants your money

Its interesting how they also promote on tv advertice about (LAST DAYS quick before you miss out.. free instalation free 1 month movie rentals.. free one month foxtel.... Only 1 month for free? a month flyes quick.... how about have it for free for 1 year perhaps... Theres allways these stupid advertice about LAST DAY EVER foxtel special promotions... you wont see them anymore.... And gues what? i allways see it allways promoting rediculoursly on tv with special deals and what not.. every year.. so how could it be the last promotion ever...

You see its all telemarketing to chew your money and forcing new customers to join in... Unfortunaly they have became one of the horrible companies ive ever seen just like twin telstra next to them.

Think of my doubt this way; average well over 1000 jobs a year, been doing the job for a few years and never heard from a customer stating anything like you have price wise-our doubt is easily justified!

Sorry, there is unfortunately little I can do to prove it, as I don't get bills sent to me.

One of the guys on whirlpool who got "HD gold with iq2 and showtime movies for $50" said he is happy to post copies of his bill for anyone who wants to see..

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...34618#r26134618

• 2 weeks later...

I also recently rang to cancel my subscription (currently basic+sport+HD) and was offered all other packs except for movies for the same price I was currently paying ($83).

I declined and a few days later I had a call offering me platinum HD for half price for 6 months, no contract and no negotiation.......was their first offer.

I posted this in another thread but probably should've put it in here:

I've never heard of this before but I'm sure it must be reasonably common he offered me free upgrade to IQ2, no Foxtel channels just all the FTA channels, no contract for $10 a month. I clarified it with him a number of times but seriously what reasons would they have for offering me this deal? By me still having a Foxtel box in the house in the hope I might down the line put some Foxtel channels on? It suits me means I don't have to buy an HD STB with a hard drive and get to ditch the Foxtel channels.

Is there some sort of catch I couldn't get out of him or something? Just seems an odd deal from their end.

Edit: I'll just add it also saves me having to get an antenna too. I rung back yesterday and got all the details confirmed and now my brother who is staunchly anti-pay TV says he wouldn't mind signing up for a deal like that.

I've never heard of this before but I'm sure it must be reasonably common he offered me free upgrade to IQ2, no Foxtel channels just all the FTA channels, no contract for $10 a month. I clarified it with him a number of times but seriously what reasons would they have for offering me this deal? By me still having a Foxtel box in the house in the hope I might down the line put some Foxtel channels on? It suits me means I don't have to buy an HD STB with a hard drive and get to ditch the Foxtel channels.

Is there some sort of catch I couldn't get out of him or something? Just seems an odd deal from their end.

Edit: I'll just add it also saves me having to get an antenna too. I rung back yesterday and got all the details confirmed and now my brother who is staunchly anti-pay TV says he wouldn't mind signing up for a deal like that.

Foxtel still gets to make some money from you which is better than making no money.

Ask if you get the IQ features with the package. The pause/rewind features of the IQ can be activated and deactivated on your account so it is possible to have an IQ without the IQ features.

You will probably still have access to foxtel box office and the Internet download service where you can buy TV shows and movies so this will be another way foxtel may make some extra money from you.

It's a well known offer from foxtel for people trying to cancel on the basis of "Foxtel is not value for money anymore because there are too many FTA channels to watch". Normally they throw in a few foxtel channels in the $10 package like 111 and sky news. Check Whirpool's bargaining thread for details.

Foxtel still gets to make some money from you which is better than making no money.

Ask if you get the IQ features with the package. The pause/rewind features of the IQ can be activated and deactivated on your account so it is possible to have an IQ without the IQ features.

You will probably still have access to foxtel box office and the Internet download service where you can buy TV shows and movies so this will be another way foxtel may make some extra money from you.

Thanks loony. The installer has just left but as he was finishing the install I ask him about hooking up a dvd recorder when I'm able to buy a new one and he says because I have an analogue TV I'd have to have the dvd player on permanently for the Foxtel to work but not if I had an HD TV. What's the point? If I had have known that I would've stuck with my original IQ. He asked me if I want to hook it all up through the net and I said don't bother I'm not paying $6 to download movies and the privilege of having my internet usage sucked up.

Also just before he left I asked him if all my normal Foxtel channels (basic + sport, paid up until 1st Nov) are working properly and he says yes nothing changes in respect to whatever package you're on so after he leaves I thought I'd check and now I have no sports channels. Great, I'll be on the phone for ages now trying to get that sorted out with the bloody Indians. Everything with Foxtel is like pulling teeth.

It's a well known offer from foxtel for people trying to cancel on the basis of "Foxtel is not value for money anymore because there are too many FTA channels to watch". Normally they throw in a few foxtel channels in the $10 package like 111 and sky news. Check Whirpool's bargaining thread for details.

Thanks, if I had have known that I would've asked for Sky News to be included because there is 1 or 2 shows on there I don't mind but I assumed it would be "all or nothing" in that I didn't know they could break up channels from the basic package.