Grand Theft Auto Iv Censored

from playasia

"Version US

ESRB Mature

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. "

so is this the uncensored version or not, i thought it would be R18+ in the US

, or dont they have that rating

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the one who claimed the price would be $80, with big games like these it's always the case. B)

I also plainly stated exactly that in these forums (and was laughed at at the time, if I recall :) )

I would have been picking my copy up today at Big W if it wasn't for the censorship debacle. It's not just content I'm worried about there, it's also the likely need for separate (and possibly delayed) updates for the AUS version if any patches are done.

I picked up my copy today at a local EB Games too and I really was surprised at how many people bought it (about 7 in the 5 mins I was in the store) for full RRP!!! I'd just price matched and they just walked up and paid $119!! I told some about the JB or BigW prices and they just didn’t seem too fussed.

I know lots of people who are like that. They feel it is below their status to haggle on price for anything. These are the sorts of people who go to expensive wine bars and make a big show out of handing over the hundred dollar notes for a round of drinks ;)

Overall went through 4 hours straight of the game, the only censored content I can see was the back of the car view when you are with the hooker (You can't change the camera angle and no service selection).

So that's already something in-game that's been changed, and it's early days yet. Nah, I'll wait for my US version and not have to worry. Now if only Play-Asia would actually ship the damn thing...

Also EB kept asking me if I wanted Scratch-proofing or something like that for an extra $5 but I declined. I look after my discs.

More to the point, Blu-Ray discs don't NEED scratch-proofing - it's built in to every disc as part of the BD spec. Adding another layer of goo to the playing surface on a BD wouldn't be the best thing to do with a format that relies so heavily on the data layer being close to the disc surface...

I'm 99% sure the GTA 4 360 version is region locked, I think i read it on kotaku.

This seems to be definite proof

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

I bought from a guy on ebay who guaranteed it would work with pal console, but i can't get a response to my "E.T.A" emails, which makes me think he took a gamble on a bulk buy of the ntsc version. The only thing stopping me from a paypal refund is the fact he as 100% feedback and is an aussie seller. Still WTF wont he answer my emails!

here's a secret that i wasnt going to tell online, but i can get you guys that gta4 game for bloody cheap.

what you do is this, buy gta 4 from eb, price matched for $78 or $85 where ever it is.. then trade (not return) it back to eb games.. you'll get $110 for it (though im pretty sure its store credit cause its a trade back, not refund) though i think its limited to two trade backs per store or something..

though if you work it out, you'll save a heap of money. this has to be done by the 6th of may...

dont believe me, then walk into a eb games store and check out the gta4 posters advertising the trade back deals.

this is the case for sydney eb games, i dont know about other area's but its a definate loop hole in eb's system.

though there have been many many loop holes in eb's system.

(i managed to get guitar hero 3 for xbox 360 with wireless guitar (on release week) for like $60 through a eb games loop hole)

Edited by jaydee s

from playasia

"Version US

ESRB Mature

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. "

so is this the uncensored version or not, i thought it would be R18+ in the US

, or dont they have that rating

hmm, getting real itchy to go and buy this game in AUS, please can someone confirm if playasia's GTA4 ps3 US version is the uncut one?

Why has the release date changed to 2nd of may also? Under ordered...

Many Thanks!

I'm 99% sure the GTA 4 360 version is region locked, I think i read it on kotaku.

This seems to be definite proof

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

I bought from a guy on ebay who guaranteed it would work with pal console, but i can't get a response to my "E.T.A" emails, which makes me think he took a gamble on a bulk buy of the ntsc version. The only thing stopping me from a paypal refund is the fact he as 100% feedback and is an aussie seller. Still WTF wont he answer my emails!

Haha, would be a quick way to get Haze, MGS4 or a DS3 for free :)

wouldn't you need to provide a proof of purchase from EB Games? and wouldn't that proof of purchase already show that you have the price matched price of <$110?

or it's still given to you regardless?

Just went and got it from EB, $85. They match on shops in their region so the big W has sold out in chatswood so they sold it for $85, thats their current price, No need of proof of purchase!

Does anyone know 100% that if you *free rent* gta4 from eb aus for a week, then try to play the US version later, it'll work with your save / install?

will an aus savegame work with this new us version install?

I don't even need to have the two versions here to check to say "probably not" if it's the PS3 version.

The two versions will have different catalogue numbers, and as such will be saved in different locations on the PS3 hard disk. To see what I mean, copy a few of your saves for various games to a USB drive, then compare the names of the directories they live in with the catalogue numbers on the spines of your game disc cases :)