New Lg 1080p Lcd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These have just been released on the LG website, wonder if the current LG bonuses (holiday and home theatre?) also apply to these ones?

42LY3DE

47LY3DE

Some forum members weren't happy with the previous models not have twin HD tuners, well now they do... B)

Brazzwald

Hi,

If anyone has bought one of these new LGs, I would apprecite your comments. What is the best price you could get, and what is you feedback on the display quality? I am planning to get a new TV and seriously looking at LG because of the inbuilt DVR.

Regards

Digit

Hi,

The cheapest price I have seen online for LG 42LY3DE model is $2999 at the Electric Discounter.

www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/asps/visual/LCD%20Television/LG/42LY3DE/42LY3DE.asp?model=42LY3DE

I am wondering whether the electric discounter is a reliable e-shop?

Regards

Digit

i have the LG37 HD tv, bought it 2 months ago from WOW for around $1900, the TV has being fantastic and i have never had a problem with it.

Hi all,

I have just placed an order with the Electric Discounter for the new 47LY3DE for $3999 (delivered). I will let you know how reliable the Electric Discounter is and how the TV shapes up. Expecting delivery in about a week - always takes a while to regional WA.

Thanks Dean Machine. Looking forward to your next posting.

Digit.

Thanks Dean Machine. Looking forward to your next posting.

Digit.

Righto,

I've got the TV from the Electric Discounter. They told me delivery would take 5-7 days to regional WA, it took 6. I think it may have gotten here sooner as there was a couple of issues with TOLL. So from my point of view they seemed pretty good. I think they are the sort of place you would go to if you know exactly what you want from the beginning, no haggling for prices, what you see is what you get.

Only fired the TV up last night and initial impressions where very happy with it. Haven't had a chance to use all the functions so far so can't really comment on that just yet. Although I did notice that you cannot time slip (pause, rewind live TV) from the component input, which I had my STB plugged into. I reckon I can probably get around this with a bit of cable magic - we'll see.

Righto,

Only fired the TV up last night and initial impressions where very happy with it. Haven't had a chance to use all the functions so far so can't really comment on that just yet. Although I did notice that you cannot time slip (pause, rewind live TV) from the component input, which I had my STB plugged into. I reckon I can probably get around this with a bit of cable magic - we'll see.

Thanks for the first impression.

By the way, I wonder why you need to connect an external STB. Was that just for testing? Doesn't the TV come with dual HT tuners?

Regards

Digit

Thanks for the first impression.

By the way, I wonder why you need to connect an external STB. Was that just for testing? Doesn't the TV come with dual HT tuners?

Regards

Digit

That's right Digit it does come with the twin HD tuners.

The STB I have is hooked up to a Sat dish and has a card in it that get me free to air channels from all over the country (imparja, NITV, eastern states channel 7, and ABC for all states), kinda like foxtel, but no ongoing costs and only free to air stuff. It also gives me a lot better picture (stronger signal I guess) than using my standard TV aerial for local analouge channels. I don't think I can use the card directly with the TV, unless anyone else knows of a way.

Thanks very much for all the feedback.

I bought a LG 42LY3DE. The price at ElectricDiscounter was $2999. Harvey Norman quoted $2800 so I went with Harvey. I am happy with the product so far. The HD transmission looks so beautiful! Audio could be better, however.

The TV has a USB connection and the manual says something about copying recordings that are not copy-protected to an external harddrive through the USB. That will be very useful to make backup DVDs, if I can get it to work.

Regards

Digit

• 2 weeks later...

My LG 47LY3DE 47" LCD TV was delivered today and I'm delighted with the picture quality.

Full HD display with a 160gb twin tuner HD dvr built in.

3 year warranty.

Local HN store $3,200 delivered, optional extra $350 to extend warranty to 7 years.

Their stock arrived just this week.

The Sony BDP300 Blue Ray via HDMI shows a stunning picture.

I originally ordered the Panasonic 50PZ700A plasma with delivery mid January at $2,999 in the Boxing Day sales, but later

had doubts about replacing my old LG SD plasma with another plasma.The Panasonic seems to run very warm/hot, even with the 3 exhaust fans built in to the cabinet.

It seems poor that so much heat is generated to produce the plasma picture, then 3 fans using more electricity are required to

cool the set down to its operating level.

I was taught that heat is the killer of electronic components.

Panasonics warranty of 12 months is not particularly generous so I was obliged to pay $350 for 5 extended warranty, that's when I learnt

that plasma's in general are dearer to repair and their extended warranty over the same manufacturers LCD models are dearer.

The new LG display runs cool and quite despite the built in dvr.

The dvr must be worth $400 - $500 as a set top box by itself.

LCD seemed the way to go for me.

USB input for MP3 and Jpegs.

You can record analogue video via AV1/AV2 to the hard drive.

Has any body else bought one of these panels ?

Recycle........

My LG 47LY3DE 47" LCD TV was delivered today and I'm delighted with the picture quality.

Full HD display with a 160gb twin tuner HD dvr built in.

3 year warranty.

Local HN store $3,200 delivered, optional extra $350 to extend warranty to 7 years.

Their stock arrived just this week.

The Sony BDP300 Blue Ray via HDMI shows a stunning picture.

I originally ordered the Panasonic 50PZ700A plasma with delivery mid January at $2,999 in the Boxing Day sales, but later

had doubts about replacing my old LG SD plasma with another plasma.The Panasonic seems to run very warm/hot, even with the 3 exhaust fans built in to the cabinet.

It seems poor that so much heat is generated to produce the plasma picture, then 3 fans using more electricity are required to

cool the set down to its operating level.

I was taught that heat is the killer of electronic components.

Panasonics warranty of 12 months is not particularly generous so I was obliged to pay $350 for 5 extended warranty, that's when I learnt

that plasma's in general are dearer to repair and their extended warranty over the same manufacturers LCD models are dearer.

The new LG display runs cool and quite despite the built in dvr.

The dvr must be worth $400 - $500 as a set top box by itself.

LCD seemed the way to go for me.

USB input for MP3 and Jpegs.

You can record analogue video via AV1/AV2 to the hard drive.

Has any body else bought one of these panels ?

Recycle........

Hi Recycle.

Can you please tell me which HN shop did you purchase the TV please. Also did you use the 25 months promotion.

Basically I got told that I cannot buy the TV for 3200 on a 25 mths credit plan.

Can you reply urgently please.

Thanks - timmysone

Hi Recycle.

Can you please tell me which HN shop did you purchase the TV please. Also did you use the 25 months promotion.

Basically I got told that I cannot buy the TV for 3200 on a 25 mths credit plan.

Can you reply urgently please.

Thanks - timmysone

Timmysone

Purchased at HN Knox City - Melbourne.

$3,200 was a negotiated price - paid by credit card.

I wouldn't think that interest free would apply.

I gained an extra years warranty on a gold card payment i.e. 3yrs + 1yr.

Recycle...............

• 2 weeks later...
Righto,

I've got the TV from the Electric Discounter. They told me delivery would take 5-7 days to regional WA, it took 6. I think it may have gotten here sooner as there was a couple of issues with TOLL. So from my point of view they seemed pretty good. I think they are the sort of place you would go to if you know exactly what you want from the beginning, no haggling for prices, what you see is what you get.

I ordered the 42LY3DE from AV Clarity seven days ago and it hasn't been dispatched yet after being told it was in stock. Sort of dulls the enthusiasm for our first HD set.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a 42LY3DE from HN for $2940, including 4 years of extended warranty (7 years all up) . I'm really happy with it except the EPG is broken. It only displays one stations channels at a time.

ie if you are viewing channel 7 and go to the guide, it will show 7 and 7 HD program info. To display a different channel, I need to exit the guide, change to the channel, say channel 9, and then go back into the guide. At this point, the 7 and 7 HD will be blank. So it is basically 14 button presses just to find what is currenly showing. Well more for me, because by the time I get though them all I have forgotten what was on the first channel

I emailed LG and they told me it is working as designed!!!

I was hoping it was just a buggy software version.

Does anyone have a working EPG? if so what software version?

except the EPG is broken. It only displays one stations channels at a time.

ie if you are viewing channel 7 and go to the guide, it will show 7 and 7 HD program info. To display a different channel, I need to exit the guide, change to the channel, say channel 9, and then go back into the guide. At this point, the 7 and 7 HD will be blank. So it is basically 14 button presses just to find what is currenly showing. Well more for me, because by the time I get though them all I have forgotten what was on the first channel

I emailed LG and they told me it is working as designed!!!

I was hoping it was just a buggy software version.

Does anyone have a working EPG? if so what software version?

I have the same problem with the EPG.

My 42LY3DE-AA is version 3.01.00.

Oddly, the screenshots in the PDF manual on the CD show a version 3.04

Interesting - this must be a LG wode problem as it is happening with my 42 Plasma, but not quite as bad as mentioned above.

For example, if I am on any channel 7 station, the EPG will show for all channel 7 channels, but no others.

But if I am on any channel 10 station, all cahnnel 10 EPG's will show, but no others ....

Slightly frustrating - Will contact LG today knwoing that other people are experiencing the same problem.

Interesting - this must be a LG wode problem as it is happening with my 42 Plasma, but not quite as bad as mentioned above.

For example, if I am on any channel 7 station, the EPG will show for all channel 7 channels, but no others.

But if I am on any channel 10 station, all cahnnel 10 EPG's will show, but no others ....

Slightly frustrating - Will contact LG today knwoing that other people are experiencing the same problem.

I have the same problem with my 42LY3DE

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE SOFTWARE VERSION

I have the same problem with my 42LY3DE

This Is The Response I Got From LG

Unfortuntely we cannot control how the EPG works or is displayed it recieves information from the broadcasters and will only display that information. The 7 day EPG will again be channel specific but not available till march sometime.

Can someone confirm wether any other HD Set Top Box shows other channels EPG's?