Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokenz,

The prices these stores show as buy price on computer screens can be taken as a grain of salt, there is no way to verify them, this is the reason most are not true therefore cheaper prices can be obtained in other stores.

Edited by EZYHD

Definately seem to be falling in price.

Spoke to salesman Paul from Myer Belconnen ACT on the weekend. Gave me a first price of $4100 (no receipts, haggling etc), and said that if anyone offers me anything better to come back and they will beat it again. I think a price just below $4000 could be fairly easily negotiated with one of the bigger retailers.

I'm still debating whether it's going to be a 508, or wait until the 509 appears.........

Edited by Tim_

Nice one Tim. See what else they can include, Delivery, Surge Protector etc.

The salesman said they coluld do the new Panny Bluray HD recorder for $1500 (that was with no negotioations too)

Mine has been confirmed fo delivery tomorrow. It's been just under a fortnight wait. Stoked!

Definately seem to be falling in price.

Spoke to salesman Paul from Myer Belconnen ACT on the weekend. Gave me a first price of $4100 (no receipts, haggling etc), and said that if anyone offers me anything better to come back and they will beat it again. I think a price just below $4000 could be fairly easily negotiated with one of the bigger retailers.

I'm still debating whether it's going to be a 508, or wait until the 509 appears.........

Any cheaper prices out there? $4100 is really nice!!

I jumped on my price as I was paranoid of stock availability and also wanted it landed and set up well before Christmas. Also wanted to avoid the looming possible price hikes on imported goods in the new year. Would’ve hated the price to plateau and then start increasing (who knows).

Myer can do those prices because it can take a hit on the profit margins on TVs since it has other departments to make money on.

JB, HN, Dick Smith, etc. would find it harder to follow Myer because that's where they're getting their profits from.

I'm surprised DJs wouldn't budge - same boat as Myer.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why / how can Myer do those prices but no one elese can?

Do they sell the tvs at a loss because other departments make money?

Does that mean I have to buy 200+ country road ties and shirts to get a good price on a tv?

All floorspace in any business has to make money, otherwise it's losing money. Myer, DJs, or any other retailer you name, are not charaties that give tvs away under cost becuase they like you. And if they do, they won't be around for long.

The real reason is probably that JB and DSE are on say High rebate cost prices, and Myer are not. Thus the salesperson at Myer sees the cost of $4100, but the JB/DSE guy sees a cost of $4510. (cost + 10% rebate) Stores do this to prevent stupid sales people crucifying the price, and saving on commission payments.

But the first logic just mystifies me - it's a nonsensical business ideal.

Do they sell the tvs at a loss because other departments make money?

No, they still sell TVs above cost and they still make a tidy profit from them.

It's just that they aren't as reliant on TVs and other small mark-up electrical items (consoles, ipods) as JB and HN would be.

So they can afford for their margins to be a little lower than the competition.

The real reason is probably that JB and DSE are on say High rebate cost prices, and Myer are not. Thus the salesperson at Myer sees the cost of $4100, but the JB/DSE guy sees a cost of $4510. (cost + 10% rebate) Stores do this to prevent stupid sales people crucifying the price, and saving on commission payments.

Yep, as far as I know for JB.

DSE I'm pretty sure is a different story. Much harder to haggle at DSE.

Kambo's Homemaker Superstore in Canningvale WA are selling 508a for $3999 advertised in todays paper (the west australian)

Marty can you get a copy of that ad?

Whoops don't worry it's on their website catalogue along with a few other brilliant items.

Edited by Dan2

Paid $4250 including delivery

There you go Perth headz. Best so far! Even better, it's in print.

If you think thats good, just been into the store this morning, they are advertising the LX608 for just $6,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is unbelievable, thats $1,500 better than any price I've seen before!

Shame I just can't bring myself to spend that much as they're probably weren't many left