C913

You didn't read my post, did you?

As I said, I don't think he does Gorilla Live.

He probably doesn't even go to the 2SM Pyrmont studios at all during the week, he probably goes to 2SM & pre-records a full week or more worth of Gorilla Breakfast all in 1 day on a Saturday or Sunday?

No I didn't read your post, crossed as I was typing mine.

The Gorilla breakfast was live as Mike encouraged phoners. His tweets about the show have also dried up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
It is still unclear on whether C91.3 still has its afternoon program being voicetracked from i98 by Ryan Cram, or that it has a locally-produced afternoon program.

Well, just checking on C91.3's website just now, they now have their own live-and-local afternoon program at 12-3pm weekdays, presented by Lyndal Rogers. This means that C91.3 is now live-and-local for 12 hours per weekdays, from 6am to 6pm.

Now, the next step for C91.3 is to stop relying on i98 for its music playlist during C91.3's locally-produced programming, and instead have a music format similar to that of Ipswich's River 94.9. That way, they'll have a real musical point-of-difference to the major Sydney commercial FM stations. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

According to a post on MediaSpy, the station's weekday line-up for 2011 is as follows:

5:30-10am - Macarthur Breakfast with Stuart Cranney (welcome back, Cranney ;))

10am-2pm - Rob Doorey

2-6pm - Jason Bouman (formerly of MIX 106.5 breakfast)

6-10pm - Lyndal Rogers*

* - Nights on C91.3 is now local, replacing "After Hours" with Stolzy, which is now heard only on i98 & therefore reclassified as a local program.

• 3 weeks later...

As of last week, Cranney's 9am music feature trademark has returned to C91.3, now known as "Cranney's 9 @ 9". Like its former predecessor, it plays 9 songs that is based on a particular theme.

This is more interesting than WS's "Classic 9 @ 9", which they just simply play 9 songs from a particular year, which is more often than not the same years from the 70s & 80s, and is often the same songs you would hear at other times every day on the station.

As of last week, Cranney's 9am music feature trademark has returned to C91.3, now known as "Cranney's 9 @ 9". Like its former predecessor, it plays 9 songs that is based on a particular theme.

This is more interesting than WS's "Classic 9 @ 9", which they just simply play 9 songs from a particular year, which is more often than not the same years from the 70s & 80s, and is often the same songs you would hear at other times every day on the station.

Great I'll have to tune in!! :) Its good to see they have some flexibility with the format.

• 5 months later...

Today marks 10 years to the day since C91.3 first went on the air.

It went on the air in the morning of 15th August 2001 with this weekday line-up:

5-9am: Rob Duckworth

9am-12pm: Stuart Cranney

12-3pm: Byron Webb

3-7pm: Rob Doorey

7pm-12am: Marcus Paul

Its first music format & positioner was "The Biggest Variety of Rock & Pop", with a favourable rock skew.

According to an article from The Daily Telegraph about the station on its opening day, Andrew Gordon, Deputy Chairman of WIN (who owns the station), said that:

"We're really looking to target the typical Campbelltown family, who probably listened to Triple M or 2DayFM. We'll have a fairly adult rock and pop mix which will have a male and female appeal.

But this market dictates that it will be more rock flavoured."

In September 2001, WIN Wollongong aired a special about C91.3 on a Saturday afternoon at 5:30pm. I remember reading it as being listed on the TV guide back then.

In a radio ratings survey for Campbelltown less than a year after the station went to air, C91.3 was rating a close 2nd to WSFM, in which C91.3 scored 12.3% in contrast to WS's 13.1%. The station attracted about 20% (1 in 5) of the 25-39 age group listeners.

In 2003, Rob Duckworth was replaced by Mal Lees in the breakfast slot, and Mardi Cole later joined Lees. Despite being out for 6 months from late 2003 to mid 2004, they remained in the breakfast slot until the end of 2005. Byron Webb left the station at the end of 2003/start of 2004.

In 2006, Rob Doorey took over the breakfast slot. As his breakfast slot was extended to 10am, Cranney's "Classic 9 @ 9" was dropped. In the following year, the breakfast slot's finishing time was brought back to 9am. During that same time period, the station had become more of a hit music station, similar to that of its Wollongong sister station, i98, and therefore less of a 'variety hits' station.

In 2008, the station was beginning to lose its local focus, one of which was to simply share the same music playlist as that of i98, at least during most of the time. Then in September that year, Stuart Cranney was dropped from the station, who was replaced by Chantel Armstrong. A month later, its live-and-local afternoon, drive & evening programs were dropped in favour of taking networked/voicetracked programming from i98. The station was becoming unpopular on among the general Macarthur public, even to the point that they weren't even sponsoring the 2009 Fishers Ghost Festival, which is a popular annual event in Campbelltown during November.

However, in 2010, C91.3 was beginning to refocus itself on being a live-and-local station, which included the return of live-and-local afternoon & drive programs, presented by Lyndal Rogers & Mike Goldman respectively. Jabba took over the breakfast program, with Rob Doorey moving to mornings. At the end of the year, Jabba & Goldman left their respective slots, as they didn't want to move into Campbelltown. The station also regained its own music playlist separate from i98.

In 2011, Stuart Cranney returned to the station, presenting the breakfast program. As his program is extended to 10am, his 9am music feature trademark also returned under the name "Cranney's 9 @ 9". At around the same time, Jason Bouman took over the drive slot, replacing Lyndal Rogers, who moved to nights, which has returned to being live-and-local.

The current C91.3 weekday line-up, 10 years after the station first went to air, is:

5:30-10am: Stuart Cranney

10am-2pm: Rob Doorey

2-6pm: Jason Bouman

6-10pm: Lyndal Rogers

Their current music format is probably the best of any of the commercial FM stations in the Sydney region, playing a wider variety of music than the major Sydney stations. However, it was better in its earlier years (2001-04), when it was mostly rock.

• 1 month later...