New Fujitsu 42" HD panel

i sit 2m-2.5m from screen do you think the 42"" would be good at that distance? as my wife liked the 50", i think it may be to big for 2m-2-5mi will see  if can get the black speakers in the deal even if i have to pay extra as long as it is not a rediculios size,will be having a few words to the manager about the stuff up tomorrow,if they can"t get the us model i don"t know if i can wait a month or so for them to come in ,they have a nice 43" pioneer,but have my heart set on the futitsu:-(

I would probably go the 42" at 2m-2.5m, but that 50" panel is so good, that it is still very watchable at that distance.

Honestly i was going ot go the NEC 50" insted of the 42" but the pixel structure at 3 to 3.5 would have annoyed the crap out of me but the Fujitsu is in another league as far as this in concerned.

I cannot see 2 to 2.5 being an issue at all

well i talked it over with the boss :-)he,he and we decided that the 42"is a a bigger screen by a fair margin to the 31 inch standard crt panny we have now ,and we have to get a set top box(probably get the lg hd stb ) and a nice dvd player (as we have an old non progressive scan pioneer dvd player at the moment) and we may look at the 50 inch in 5 -7 years when somthing better comes along that will hopefully be a bit cheaper(one would hope) what do you think guys?as anybody know a good dvd player with dvi,that is kind to burnt discs,hdmi dvd players are way to expensive at the moment, and with the money i save getting the 42" i may buy a decent uni control as i have 5 remotes at the moment:-(.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that Fujitsu Australia have finally updated their website and added some product info.

http://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/plasma.php

Interestingly, the speakers that they show as the matching accesories are the black ones, so there's some irrefutable ammunition if they try and dud you with those shitty silver speakers.

hey foggy they only have the ws model on the fuji site and it has a silver bezel what colour was your first panel (ws) and what colour is your us model?,and where on the site does it say the black speakers ?are standard now as i could not find it,they show black speakers in the optional parts section

hey foggy they only have the ws model on the fuji site and it has a silver bezel what colour was your first panel (ws) and what colour is your us model?,and where on the site does it say the black speakers ?are standard now as i could not find it,they show black speakers in the optional parts section

All Fujitsus have a silver bezel. A few years ago Fuji Australia had a number of bezels sprayed black, but they're not doing that anymore. I personally like the look of the silver bezel, I don't think it would look as nice in black.

It doesn't say that the black speakers are standard, but they are the only speakers shown as available accessories on the product homepage.. This would imply that the other speakers are not a valid accessory.

well i talked it over with the boss :-)he,he and we decided that the 42"is a a bigger screen by a fair margin to the 31 inch standard crt panny we have now ,and we have to get a set top box(probably get the lg hd stb ) and a nice dvd player (as we have an old non progressive scan pioneer dvd player at the moment) and we may look at the 50 inch in 5 -7  years when somthing better comes along that will hopefully be a bit cheaper(one would hope) what do you think guys?as anybody know a good dvd player with dvi,that is kind to burnt discs,hdmi dvd players are way to expensive at the moment, and with the money i save getting the 42" i may buy a decent uni control as i have 5 remotes at the moment:-(.

You won't regret either panel, they're both first class.

Keep in mind that if you get a DVI STB such as the LG or Teac, then you will not be able to use a DVI DVD player unless you:

1. Connect either the DVD player or STB by component

2. Buy a $400 DVI Switcher

3. Buy a HDMI DVD Player

4. Buy a DVI to HDMI Connector for around $60

Remember, if you intend to get the panel calibrated, Aaron does a specific calibration to each source device. So it might be a better investment to get all your sources finalised before you get the calibration done.

i sit 2m-2.5m from screen do you think the 42"" would be good at that distance? as my wife liked the 50", i think it may be to big for 2m-2-5mi will see  if can get the black speakers in the deal even if i have to pay extra as long as it is not a rediculios size,will be having a few words to the manager about the stuff up tomorrow,if they can"t get the us model i don"t know if i can wait a month or so for them to come in ,they have a nice 43" pioneer,but have my heart set on the futitsu:-(

I would probably go the 42" at 2m-2.5m, but that 50" panel is so good, that it is still very watchable at that distance.

Honestly i was going ot go the NEC 50" insted of the 42" but the pixel structure at 3 to 3.5 would have annoyed the crap out of me but the Fujitsu is in another league as far as this in concerned.

well i talked it over with the boss :-)he,he and we decided that the 42"is a a bigger screen by a fair margin to the 31 inch standard crt panny we have now ,and we have to get a set top box(probably get the lg hd stb ) and a nice dvd player (as we have an old non progressive scan pioneer dvd player at the moment) and we may look at the 50 inch in 5 -7 years when somthing better comes along that will hopefully be a bit cheaper(one would hope) what do you think guys?as anybody know a good dvd player with dvi,that is kind to burnt discs,hdmi dvd players are way to expensive at the moment, and with the money i save getting the 42" i may buy a decent uni control as i have 5 remotes at the moment:-(.

Hey Ozdive

It may be an idea to wait for the 50" but remember in 5 to 7 years time you will aslo be on the eve of emerging technologies so at that point do you buy what is available or do you wait longer?

As far as DVD players go honestly i have owned the Denon 2910 and 3910 also the Momitsu V880N as well as heaps of others, If you want agreat player at a good price look at the Momitsu .

This unit will upscale ot 576P 720P 1080i as well as stream movie and music files from your PC also the PQ of this player is bloody good

After owing these players i will stick with the 3910 and Momitsu until we see other units on the market

All Fujitsus have a silver bezel. A few years ago Fuji Australia had a number of bezels sprayed black, but they're not doing that anymore. I personally like the look of the silver bezel, I don't think it would look as nice in black.

It doesn't say that the black speakers are standard, but they are the only speakers shown as available accessories on the product homepage.. This would imply that the other speakers are not a valid accessory.

foggy the 50" panel that my misses was looking was a black futitsu?it is at the clive peters store in brissy

Hey Ozdive

It may be an idea to wait for the 50" but remember in 5 to 7 years time you will aslo be on the eve of emerging technologies so at that point do you buy what is available or do you wait longer?

As far as DVD players go honestly i have owned the Denon 2910 and 3910 also the Momitsu V880N as well as heaps of others, If you want agreat player at a good price look at the Momitsu .

This unit will upscale ot 576P 720P 1080i as well as stream movie and music files from your PC also the PQ of this player is bloody good

After owing these players i will stick with the 3910 and Momitsu until we see other units on the market

forgive me only a newbe have never heard of momitsu or seen them in the stores?

foggy the 50" panel that my misses was looking was a black futitsu?it is at the clive peters store in brissy

Hey dude

The black one you seen was the 30 Series not the 40 Series

Hey dude

The black one you seen was the 30 Series not the 40 Series

my mistake:-(

Hey Ozdive

Yeah you wont find the Momitsu in to many store they do sell direct and through a few computer stores.

This unit supprised me to no end with the PQ it puts out , I ma not usually one for none name brands but this is pretty dame good.

I have compared it to the following players

Denon 3910,2910,2900,2800 mk11,2800 and DVB900

As you can see i love Denon but i think the Momitsu is on par with the 2910 and a little tiny way behind the 3910 but then again the 3910 is almost 3 times the price

It is a great priced unit to start out with and the fact that you can connect to aserver and stream movie files if fantastic

Hey Ozdive

Yeah you wont find the Momitsu in to many store they do sell direct and through a few computer stores.

This unit supprised me to no end with the PQ it puts out , I ma not usually one for none name brands but this is pretty dame good.

As you can see i love Denon but i think the Momitsu is on par with the 2910 and a little tiny way behind the 3910 but then again the 3910 is almost 3 times the price

It is a great priced unit to start out with and the fact that you can connect to aserver and stream movie files if fantastic

whats it like with burnt discs and what sort of price am i looking at ,ballpark

Hey Ozdive

I have had no issues so far with burnt discs and the unit will be around the $600 mark

Hey Glencol,

You got that new baby up and running yet.

My wait could be a Little long as there is talk they have run out of us model 42 inch is the word i heard,

but i will be waiting for my Friend to get back from overseas to check to make sure this is true

Hey Hilly

You still in tassy?

I have desided to wait until i get the 40 series stand before i set up , With a display this size and weight the less you move it the less chance ot back strain :blink:

Buggard about the stock but i would say it wont be to long

Hey Ozdive

I have had no issues so far with burnt discs and the unit will be around the $600 mark

sthe saga still continues:-( the store manager did:nt ring rang him did not know about the salesmens stuff up,went thru it with him and he said that he was in the wrong will ring futitsu tomorrow and said that he will give me the best deal he can i said make it better be around the price quoted,got his bosses phone number down south if i don"t get what i want:-) i"m called the customer from hell by some friend:-)

Hi guys

Has anyone else with the  P42HHA40WS has any further luck with Fujitsu Australia regarding their "replacement" US model?

<snip>

Anyone have any further information?

The service manager at fujitsu is a little slow to action so follow him up with a call

Please keep any further name mentioning to PM's

hi glenncol

Thanks for the reply and sorry fo the public naming. I unfortunately don't know the customer service guy's name as I only spoke to the other guy (name deleted) who said to email him and he would follow up. Any chance of grabbing his name via PM?

Thanks in advance, rgds

Scott

Hi guys

Has anyone else with the  P42HHA40WS has any further luck with Fujitsu Australia regarding their "replacement" US model?

<snip>

Anyone have any further information?

The service manager at fujitsu is a little slow to action so follow him up with a call

Please keep any further name mentioning to PM's

hi glenncol

Thanks for the reply and sorry fo the public naming. I unfortunately don't know the customer service guy's name as I only spoke to the other guy (name deleted) who said to email him and he would follow up. Any chance of grabbing his name via PM?

Thanks in advance, rgds

Scott

Hi Scott

I dont know the service guys name i have only dealt with Mr name removed whi is back from Japan tomorrow i think

Hey Glencol,

My wait could be a Little long as there is talk they have run out of us model 42 inch is the word i heard,

but i will be waiting for my Friend to get back from overseas to check to make sure this is true

Hey Hilly

You still in tassy?

I have desided to wait until i get the 40 series stand before i set up , With a display this size and weight the less you move it the less chance ot back strain :blink:

Hi ya Glenn, is this where you hang out lately? I guess the NEC thread was getting a little tired. (Traitor!) :P

Hey Glencol,

Hey Hilly

You still in tassy?

Hi ya Glenn, is this where you hang out lately? I guess the NEC thread was getting a little tired. (Traitor!) :P

Hi Kay

Long time on see

how is everything going

Hey Glencol,

Hey Hilly

You still in tassy?

Hi Kay

Long time on see

how is everything going

Good buddy - Im just waiting to put the kid to bed so thought Id have a look see what was going on lately ...

I just got hold of a Fujitsu manual for all the versions ("A", "W" & "U") of the 40 series panels. Apparently the "S" in "WS" & "US" is for "silver" (as in the colour of the bezel).

Anyway, as usual with manuals, it explains how to connect different types of source equipment to the panel. On the pages dealing with your DVD Player & your Satellite Tuner (I assume that also relates to STBs) it mentions HDMI connections (obviously for the "U" model only).

BUT, in both cases it says:

If the component to be connected is equipped with HDMI output terminal, component video output terminal, it is recommened to connect to the component video terminal.

Now, there's no "or" after "HDMI output terminal" but it sounds to me that they are recommending connecting via component over HDMI. Why would this be?