Samsung 40 inch LCD LS40A1. Anyone have one?

I have been doing a little research on these things, but can't find much info at all.

I was interested in the LG DLP, however after reading about their pathetic customer service, not to mention my own outstanding Dept of Fair Trading issue with them, I decided to put LG on my "never again" list.

Does anyone have one of these Samsung units? I haven't even seen one in the shops. Specs state it's only 58mm thick!!??

I haven't found one person yet who has one. Would love to hear feedback.

Thanks folks. :blink:

Oh, here's a link. http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/lcdt...p?page=Features

Don't know anything about the Samsung except whats on their site.

But, TOSHIBA are bringing out a 45" LCD (NOT rear pro) in September this year.

If you are interested in an LCD it could be worth the wait. Don't know the price Toshiba will be asking for it.

It is more than likely that the 45" Toshiba LCD will be displayed at the CEE show in Sydney in June 2004.

LS40A1 is the old model and it was very bad. It has been replaced with the A2. 

The A2 looks good with HD Demo loop. No so good for other broadcasts.

Cheers

Ramesh

Interesting. Thanks Ramesh.

Can you elaborate on why it is not so good "for other broadcasts"?

A1 had a very slow pixel response time, resulting in severe ghosting. The A2 has a faster response time and uses samsungs DNIe technology.

With SD broadcast there was lot of pixelisation and the clarity wasn't that good. I guess the problem is with the broadcast quality, not the display.

With HD demo loop it was truly amazing.

I am sure the A2 will be a great display unit when they start telecasting lot more programs shot in HD.

Cheers

Ramesh