Jump to content

The church's new layout


Recommended Posts


7 minutes ago, metal beat said:

 

Obviously this made him put them up for sale 😆


I understand his reasons…. But that doesn’t help any of us that wanted a comparison. 😂😂

 

The church is a beautiful place to pray though I must say. 
It’s set the bar for me in terms of my search for my next room. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jakeyb77_Redux said:


I understand his reasons…. But that doesn’t help any of us that wanted a comparison. 😂😂

 

The church is a beautiful place to pray though I must say. 
It’s set the bar for me in terms of my search for my next room. 

 

 

99.99999% sure I know the answer.

  Doug is listening to them now 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Nice headphones!

 

Unfortunately its a church only in spirit and not in size.

 

Gotta make the best with what you have right?

 

Anyway did a marathon 8 albums back to back last night so that's always a good sign things are sounding pretty good. I'm also trying some vintage Amber 8 speaker cable generously donated by @frednork which for those that don't know is an aussie made quad cable that sold for quite a bit in its day. Seems to handle the demands of the Krell and Sov's nicely and cannot hear any sonic flaws in it so it will be replacing my pair of Bills "WE" cables as there no longer long enough for the new amp position.

 

20211013_135541.thumb.jpg.556acba99cbebd05dba5ddcb174d0a4e.jpg

 

20211013_135513.thumb.jpg.d5681e84e868a8372a6e4a0fe8005958.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, tubularbells said:

 

Hey Paul, about 4m mate.

 

 

i may have a couple of OLD cables you can try........... an OLD classic called  Audiotruth/Audioquest  DRAGON .... these are solid silver core and are  very  very nice cables and very expensive in their day ... I ran these with the Sovereigns with the Krell KMA 160 Mono,s  .....might organise to send them down to you just for you to try if your interested..  

 

The only caveat is they are as stiff as buggery , cant bend them a great deal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wooferocau said:

 

 

i may have a couple of OLD cables you can try........... an OLD classic called  Audiotruth/Audioquest  DRAGON .... these are solid silver core and are  very  very nice cables and very expensive in their day ... I ran these with the Sovereigns with the Krell KMA 160 Mono,s  .....might organise to send them down to you just for you to try if your interested..  

 

The only caveat is they are as stiff as buggery , cant bend them a great deal. 

 

That would be amazing. (of course happy to pay shipping both ways)

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaynin said:

 

That's a long load for your amps...

 

What to do mate, it is what it is and 4m ain't that long given the correct gauge cable is used. The new Krell CAST cables I got last week are 10m so there's definitely lengthy runs in the system right now however its sounding better than ever so in not being overly phased by it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, tubularbells said:

 its sounding better than ever so in not being overly phased by it.

 

Yes, very true.  Was keen to pick your thoughts, is all.  Your experiences are very well documented here and easily followed by all, and at the end of the day this is the best test of all.

 

Stoked you're back listening to the system, BTW.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tubularbells said:

 

Unfortunately its a church only in spirit and not in size.

 

Gotta make the best with what you have right?

Absolutely. Always loved that room and can't beat the view of the fireplace bookended by the gothic windows. :thumb:

Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...
To Top