Jump to content

Recommended Posts

After selling my big Akai I put this little Rotel integrated that I have owned since new back into my system. I noticed some crackling on the tone controls and also the input selector, so a little bit of Deoxit was required.

 

Classic 90s face

post-139427-0-77428300-1453010870_thumb.

 

Lid off, and look at all that room to move!

I didn't check the bias because I don't have a multimeter at this time, but it is easy enough: TP1 (+), TP3(-) then the well labelled bias adjust to 4mV. Repeat for TP4(-) and TP2(+) and done.

post-139427-0-68685900-1453010883_thumb.

 

Nice large spacing, made it much easier to get the straw into the pots

post-139427-0-82417000-1453010888_thumb.

 

 

Came up a treat and the small amount of static is now gone.

 

I did notice this thread on the RA-04 looks like the internals have changed very little over the years

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

Wow I had one of these years ago back in the day.

Forgot I owned it to be honest. Probably my least memorable amp.

Likely wouldn't buy another if the chance arose.

Did the job though. No complaints.

Edited by schmoove
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...