Antipodes Owners & Discussion Thread

On 19/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, TerryO said:

Just a quick mention that Antipodes has a price increase of 20% from the 1st February, orders taken prior to that will be at the lesser 2021 price.

cheers,

Terry

Good for resale value. Hopefully it keeps going up. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jhsg said:

Good for resale value. Hopefully it keeps going up. 

If you resell what are you going to buy and at what price?  You will probably be disadvantaged.  Everything is going up significantly sometimes even more than the Antipodes 20%

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assisi said:

If you resell what are you going to buy and at what price?  You will probably be disadvantaged.  Everything is going up significantly sometimes even more than the Antipodes 20%

John

Good point… I’m pretty content with my cx. It’s not going anywhere soon. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The all new K21 turned up late today and it is already unboxed and plugged in. My plan is to leave it running in the back ground for a couple of days to run in then have a listen. 

I’m looking forward to finally hearing it.

Cheers,

Terry

7CBB8912-9FE9-4E20-BEB1-D80B865A4A3C.jpeg

608E7951-DC3A-41F8-805B-87359E102AFD.jpeg

5A90D012-10A2-44E1-92C8-37553563CE30.jpeg

167AE1D1-63AC-4259-AF3C-E08DA7B0814F.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, 44maloo said:

if anyone has an Ex there looking to sell, PM me interested.

Have you tried Sonic Purity? They might have some as traded / trade in units available. 

2 hours ago, ikhuong said:

sold my MsB premier.

i am using Aqua La Scala dac at this time for streaming

Love to hear your thoughts (maybe in the DC Forum/) about Aqua vs MSB- I've heard the Premier (before I had the K50), thought it was the best audio I've ever heard. So maybe I should audition la Scala!!

Just wondered if there are many K50 owners out there? 

Just wanted to touch base on your impressions. 

What DAC have you matched it with? 🤔

The imaging and PRAT are superb to my ears!! 

Edited by evil c

On 04/04/2022 at 6:00 PM, Analogueage said:

I use the K50 with a dCS Bartók DAC. I agree the imaging is superb, it’s the best digital combo I’ve heard and a pleasurable experience when I’m not spinning vinyl.

Regards

Rob

Just re reading your post, l had to laugh at the "when not spinning vinyl" mention!

If there was any streamer out there that might convert solely to the digital side, well the K50 would be  a prime  contender! 😉

But seriously, many have commented variously that a very good CD player is  still superior to even the best streamers.

Up until fairly recently, l would have been included in that category - however the K50 has made me reassess my prior bias and admit that the expansive soundstage, extended lower bass and sheer musicality is a formidable rival !

Currently l am happy running via AES/EBU although I was surprised how good even USB is!

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoy streaming music and the sound quality I get from the Bartok/Antipodes combo. I too use the AES output and think it superior to USB. I still believe that vinyl is the better sound quality but the gap is closing all the time, perhaps I have an age bias too as I have listened to vinyl for 50 years and to streaming for maybe 4 years. No doubt the improvement in streaming is exponential and hopefully by the time my knees give in completely and I can no longer change sides on the vinyl I will then give the nod to streaming. 😀.

Regards,

Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Analogueage said:

I thoroughly enjoy streaming music and the sound quality I get from the Bartok/Antipodes combo. I too use the AES output and think it superior to USB. I still believe that vinyl is the better sound quality but the gap is closing all the time, perhaps I have an age bias too as I have listened to vinyl for 50 years and to streaming for maybe 4 years. No doubt the improvement in streaming is exponential and hopefully by the time my knees give in completely and I can no longer change sides on the vinyl I will then give the nod to streaming. 😀.

Regards,

Rob

Couldn’t agree more Rob, similar scenario with me.

Just an additional richness to the sound with vinyl, but hence why you and l have committed to extracting the best out of digital to make it pleasurable- rather than a chore. :winky:

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 4:31 PM, dbastin said:

I am curious what cable Antipodes supply with its EX/CX and current models.

Cat 6, 6a, 7?

UTP, STP, S/FTP, S/STP, ... ?

Is the manufactures name on it?

This is the one that came with the CX+EX combo.  No name, no designation, but does appear to be shielded.

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 06/04/2022 at 8:16 PM, Stereophilus said:

This is the one that came with the CX+EX combo.  No name, no designation, but does appear to be shielded.

Well .. it looks nice. Given the connectors, I will guess (wildly) it is Cat 6A .

Thanks

2 hours ago, delphi17 said:

Antipodes just released K22 Music Player + Reclocker.

I think this is going to be a very popular model.

S30 + S20 + S60 costs less for what seems same hardware and functionality.  Maybe S60 is not the same grade as K series.

For a few hundred more K22 is a tidier outcome.

I think K22 picked up where the K30 left off.

A lot of people like myself wanted to buy the K30 , but wanted other digital outputs.

Although it misses a direct stream ethernet output,  however, I think people who must have that would buy the K41.

I also wonder what S40+S60 paired with K22 will sound like.

22 minutes ago, dbastin said:

S30 + S20 + S60 costs less for what seems same hardware and functionality.  Maybe S60 is not the same grade as K series.

For a few hundred more K22 is a tidier outcome.

The reclocking will likely also be different, as S20 is R1i, and K22 uses a R2i module.