Fidelizer Upgrade Program

• 1 month later...

I just upgraded to.version 6.9 fidelizer. My previous comments about the upgrade being no difference no longer applies. After moving over 6.9, playback via jplay took on a new dimension...more 3d in the soundstage. Before 6.9, there was not much diff between jplay and tidal playback. Now jplay playback is quieter in background noise allowing the music to come from darker quieter soundstage.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by lyndonlim
  • Like 2

I just upgraded to.version 6.9 fidelizer. My previous comments about the upgrade being no difference no longer applies. After moving over 6.9, playback via jplay took on a new dimension...more 3d in the soundstage. Before 6.9, there was not much diff between jplay and tidal playback. Now jplay playback is quieter in background noise allowing the music to come from darker quieter soundstage.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update it is always helpful to hear of others experiences tweaking computer audio.

I also just upgraded to fidelizer pro. The improvement for jplay playback seem not that much on my setup.

However, fidelizer pro seem to improve more on tidal playback though. It sound more effortless now, less compress, and bass seem go deeper. I haven't tried running tidal on jplay yet.

I used custom passively i7 music server with 5v & 12v LPS with ssd, ppa usb card, windows server 2012 r2 with AO, jplay 6.2official, schiit yggdrasil dac, dna stratus headphone amp, hd800 & he1000.

On my setup, while jplay streamer was good, but I prefer foobar running jplay service, and much more using jplay mini, particularly its effect on female vocal, it seem magical (true to real-life and analog).

Question: anyone run Roon yet?

I'm afraid, JRiver on my setup also perform the worst compare to jplay mini, compact foobar running jplay, even compare to tidal streaming (after being tweak by fidelizer). While the dynamic of jRiver was good, but it also sound bit digital, even when run on minimum server mode of windows server 2012 r2 with AO.

Thanks for advise qwerter, I will try roon when I had a chance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

would upgrading to paid version smooth performance?

It certainly is doing good to the sound, but apart from this it feels to me like it is also secretly utilizing my resource into doing something else other than to improve sound at the back end, my weak computer is lagging extremely badly after I turned Fiddy on. Does the paid version shave of these bloat features?