SOLD: FS (Syd): Magnepan 3.6/R

Item: Magnepan 3.6/R Speakers Black Cloth with dark cherry trim
Price: No longer available
Item Condition: Excellent - I cannot find a mark on them
Reason for selling: Selling on behalf of a friend who has moved to a different system
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
Extra Info

I have had these on loan for a few weeks and if I had a dedicated or slightly larger room, they would be mine now. In terms of room filling sound with everything sounding just right I have not heard better. If you are looking for Maggies then you know what these are. There is a lifetime of reading on the web if you are interested. 

My friend is the original fastidious owner. He bought them from Australian dealer Bill Maclean. They are completely untouched and unmodified so the new owner can enjoy a few years of tweaks if they like. I think they sound great as they are. The condition for their age (approx 10 years) is immaculate. I cannot see any marks at all.

I have the original boxes and sleeves and the tweeter protectors for transport. They just fit in the back of a large wagon. 

I am also selling the Antique Sound Labs Hurricane Monoblocks and they are a match made in heaven. 

Serious buyers can inspect and have a listen but please do your research especially on the size of them.

Review: http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/303/

Photos

post-128612-0-53909000-1436080771_thumb.

post-128612-0-19273900-1436080780_thumb.

post-128612-0-46363500-1436080789_thumb.

post-128612-0-15458700-1436080798_thumb.

post-128612-0-68041000-1436080812_thumb.

post-128612-0-16133800-1436080832_thumb.

post-128612-0-21525800-1436080842_thumb.

Edited by SteveC
  • Like 2

These are easily the best sounding and best looking Magnepan 3.6's I've ever come across.  Okay, they're the only 3.6's I've heard/seen, but they are amazing to listen to and are absolutely in mint condition.  Whoever picks these up will be very, very happy (and envied by me - and a few more here I suspect).  GLWTS

• Like 1

@@SteveC

If you don't mind me asking what did your friend moved onto?

GLWTS

Bargain.

Not really relevant but he went to a fully active system, purpose built, HT room. 

Listened to some Nicolas Jaar last night via Tidal, the water sound effects  were dripping on my head and the bass was awesome!

An advantage of the 3.6R (over the newer 3.7i) is that it is dead easy to active bi-amp them.  Unbolt the silver box on the back and there are banana sockets to take you to the bass panel and the joint mid panel and ribbon.

GLWTS

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.<br /><br />Donation Payment Options<br /><br />You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.<br /><br />Click below to make a donation:<br />donate-button.png<br /><br />Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.