SOLD: FS: Immedia RPM-1 Turntable (Very rare)

Hello Stereo Net people,

In recent times, I have been selling my high-end hi-fi system because I need funds for a new project.

I've been fortunate to have sold all of my items very quickly but I never never intended to sell my turntable, ever.

Why? Because:

(1) its sound quality is so good, I shudder to think what it would cost me to replace it one day, and

(2) it is a rare collector's item with recent sales in the USA showing strong appreciation in value

However, regretfully here I am offering up for sale.

Item:                           Immedia RPM-1 Turntable with Immedia RPM-2 Tonearm

Price:                          $4,000

(Recently, one of these sold for $4,800 for only the turntable in the USA)

Item Condition:          Used

Reason for selling:    Require funds for a project

Dimensions:              483mm (W) x 153mm (H) x 381mm (D)

Weight:                       30kg.

Payment Method:      Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD

Extra Info:                  Immedia is the predecessor of the award winning brand "Spiral Groove", designed by the famous designer Allen Perkins.

He uses Balanced Force Design® technology to create turntables that have been considered among the very best of all time.

The Immedia RPM-1 & RPM-2 turntables developed a cult following due to their sound quality and ease of set up.

It was in the Stereophile Class A Recommended components list in its time, just as the Spiral Groove models are today.

It is a belt-drive turntable with an outboard motor controller. It was manufactured in Berkeley, California

The RPM2 tonearm is virtually identical to the Spiral Groove Centroid arm.
                                    It is a uni-pivot design and considered to be totally state of the art in its time.

In the photos below, the turntable is shown on my Minus K isolation platform and with a perspex cover that protects from dust and prying hands.
                                    Please note that the price does not include the isolation platform but does include the perspex cover if required.
                                    How do you describe its sound quality? As you know everyone hears differently but to summarise its main sonic characteristics, Id say:
                                    Big sound, great bass, extremely low noise floor (black), amazing rhythm, pace & tone, very natural, real sound.
                                    Enjoy! A donation will be made to Stereo Net.

Review:                      http://www.stereophile.com/turntables/997immedia/

Pictures:

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

post-142257-0-52406000-1424776550_thumb.

post-142257-0-96346200-1425530290_thumb.

post-142257-0-95487300-1425530341_thumb.

post-142257-0-24414900-1425530380_thumb.

post-142257-0-64241100-1425530414_thumb.

post-142257-0-27994500-1425530448_thumb.

post-142257-0-75473000-1425530492_thumb.

post-142257-0-78402400-1425530533_thumb.

post-142257-0-35543500-1425530582_thumb.

post-142257-0-04565000-1425530617_thumb.

post-142257-0-56536600-1425530653_thumb.

post-142257-0-86822700-1425530691_thumb.

post-142257-0-42921900-1425530726_thumb.

post-142257-0-15694000-1425530772_thumb.

post-142257-0-33673100-1425530820_thumb.

post-142257-0-37232100-1425530858_thumb.

post-142257-0-97189700-1425530906_thumb.

post-142257-0-87911400-1425530946_thumb.

post-142257-0-13430100-1425530982_thumb.

Edited by MusicLover69
  • Like 1

As a Spiral Groove owner I am tempted to try this just to hear how it compares. As James said replacement cost with current equivalent is huge. Good buying here.

Can you please Mark?  Then I can buy it off you in a year or two when I've outgrown my Pioneer.  ;)

@@MusicLover69 beautiful TT you've got for sale.  If it sounds half as nice as Viognier's Spiral Groove, it will be very special.  GLWS.

Edited by ABG
  • Like 2

you need at least $30k to replace this.

keep if you can, or you have another tt on order?

Hi, thanks for your comments.

When I bought it, I never had any intention to sell it at a later date, it was always going to be my 'final' turntable.

I would keep it if I could but I need to fund something that is important to me and my family.

I sold all my other bits first, hoping that I could keep it but I can't........

Cheers, George.

Hello everyone,

Please note that I made an error in the initial listing. I have corrected the body of the text but can't seem to correct the title, so please be aware that this is a RPM-1 turntable, not a RPM-2 as indicated in the title.

The tonearm is an RPM-2 tonearm as listed.

Thank you to all the people that have expressed interest and have private messaged me. I will post some more photos as soon as I can and apologies to those who wanted to see the turntable but couldn't due to my work travel.

We'll get there in the end. Enjoy your day. 

George.

Hi George,

How old is this TT? Also how much would you need to spend on a cartridge to do it justice?

The turntable is a 2003/2004 model.

It's a high quality deck that can easily discern the differences between the sonic attributes of various cartridges.

I've experienced numerous cartridges on this turntable, ranging from a $400 Dynavector to a $10,000 My Sonic Labs.

I agree with the feedback in this thread in that I think you need to use a cartridge of a quality usually priced around the $1,000 level to experience what this turntable & arm are capable of.

Regards,

George.

Hello everyone,

Please note that I made an error in the initial listing. I have corrected the body of the text but can't seem to correct the title, so please be aware that this is a RPM-1 turntable, not a RPM-2 as indicated in the title.

The tonearm is an RPM-2 tonearm as listed.

Thank you to all the people that have expressed interest and have private messaged me. I will post some more photos as soon as I can and apologies to those who wanted to see the turntable but couldn't due to my work travel.

We'll get there in the end. Enjoy your day. 

George.

Thanks George, the link for the review is to the RPM 2 turntable, what are the differences between RPM-1 and RPM-2?

Hi everyone,

I have contacted Allen Perkins from Spiral Groove/Immedia in relation to clarifying the difference between the RPM-1 and RPM-2 turntables and specifically in relation to identifying this turntable.

From Allen:

The RPM 1 body was made in several versions. The first was painted MDF with the motor internal. The later ones were acrylic with a detached motor.

The RPM2 body was always aluminum. The standard bottom was acrylic and there was an aluminum bottom layer option that was more expensive.

There were a few models in between the official RPM-1 and RPM-2 product designations.

What you have there is the model just prior to the RPM-2 launch. It is technically designated a RPM-1 however it has an RPM-2 body, with the more expensive full aluminium bottom layer. It is very close to a RPM-2.

Also, I now have taken some higher resolution photos which I will attempt to upload on the advertisement. I also have very high resolution photos that I can email to prospective buyers.

Cheers, George.

This is one of the nicest looking turntables I have seen on SNA (IMO) and I can't believe it is still for sale. Something like this would come up so rarely and if you are into vinyl this looks like really good value to me.

GLWTS George.

• Volunteer

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, or purchasing a StereoNET T-Shirt.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Merchandise Purchase Option

Stereo.white_-Breeze_-_Black_copy2.jpg

You can purchase a StereoNET T-Shirt with all profits benefiting StereoNET. Click here for more information.

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.