Tantalising Turntables

But wait, methinks that workmanship looks familiar. Slate...? Slatedeck...? No :) Oswaldmills....? Bullseye :mad:

So Oswaldmills have built a slate turntable, eh? And an idler drive, eh? Very interesting indeed. Oswaldmills Saskia idler drive turntable with Schroeder Reference Tonearm (Price on Application).

Very, very interesting, Oval. And a controller designed in Australia, I see. Very attractive indeed. Oval, I think this is what you should build....:)

cheers

2sheds

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some guy from Germany loved his Tammy GT-750 but did not care for the cheap plinth. Have a look at is new plinth - beautiful.                  

I was having a look at Analog Planet and watched the video of Fremer and Chris Thornton from Artisan Fidelity. This Garrard 301 looked not bad on the clip so I had a look elsewhere to find more detail

Came across this lovely TT today at a clients house. Sadly it wasn't connected up to the beautiful Zu Audio speakers sitting next to it, but I presumed it sang a wonderful tune...

And a controller designed in Australia, I see.

cheers

2sheds

Hello Sheds

The man behind the controller is only a 35min drive from me :) ,allready sent a couple of emails about a controller & 3 phase motor :mad: .

Cheers

Hello Sheds

The man behind the controller is only a 35min drive from me :) ,allready sent a couple of emails about a controller & 3 phase motor :mad: .

Cheers

Oval,

That's very fortunate. Like with many things hifi, I am convinced an excellent power supply and controller, make an enormous difference to the sound of a good turntable. The old trick of dropping the voltage down on a Garrard makes a very tangible difference to the sound.

I'll be very interested to see how your turntable takes shape :)

Have a good weekend :D

cheers

2sheds

Sindre-1.jpg

Bergmann Sindre including air bearing arm (Price..?)

Sindre is a traditional airbearing turntable / airbearing tonearm combination. The platter floats on a thin air film centered by a spindle, and mounted with a linear tracking airbearing tonearm.

cheers

2sheds

Oooh, that does look tasty. I suppose if you have to ask the price . . .

DS

DS,

Very tasty indeed (and just as nice in real life) :D Couldn't find a price anywhere, but I suspect (based on the engineering and materials) it would be the price of a new car...:)

cheers

2sheds

DS,

Very tasty indeed (and just as nice in real life) :D Couldn't find a price anywhere, but I suspect (based on the engineering and materials) it would be the price of a new car...:)

cheers

2sheds

Hi Master 2sheds,

My friend just sold his car and got one of this! :D

He would like some advice on setting up. Got time this week?

DSC_6309.jpg

Hi Master 2sheds,

My friend just sold his car and got one of this! :)

He would like some advice on setting up. Got time this week?

Absolutely, Grasshopper :D Always happy to assist a man who knows his priorities. What does he need a car for...? :D

Let me check my diary...:D

cheers

2sheds

What about this one!

Doc,

A very nice turntable, indeed :D but I see 2 immediate problems. Firstly, you are gonna get Davidsss so excited, his missus will have no chance of getting him to sleep tonight :D And, secondly, Voltaire is gonna get really pissed off when he sees that you've lopped off the top 10 inches of the Eiffel Tower and made a tonearm out of it...:P

cheers

2sheds

Oh yer I found the other bits!

56 who have been talking too, not quite but almost my arm!

That unipivot looks so wrong.:P Every sense I have suggests it would be a horror performer - it's probably sensational :D

cheers

2sheds

75169492_full.jpg

Sonab 85s

Nee Yamaha :rolleyes: Nearly purchased one of those a few months back for a home made RCM...:confused:

Sonab was a pretty hot brand in the 70's..

cheers

2sheds

Hello Sheds

The man behind the controller is only a 35min drive from me :confused: ,allready sent a couple of emails about a controller & 3 phase motor :rolleyes: .

Cheers

56. what,s the deal with the controler? Details please.

What about this one!

I'll just drool quietly over here :rolleyes:

That is one weird arm though. Be interesting to see how it sounds.

Now here's something you don't see every day:

album_pic.php?pic_id=6935&full=true

Yes folks, it's a Micro Seiki rim drive. Model MR2a

DS

• 2 weeks later...
Baby TW - got yours yet Jasper or am I just teasing you ??

Teasing me alright.Still waiting patiently. Luckily it's the importer that has to cop the exchange rate hit.

Teasing me alright.Still waiting patiently. Luckily it's the importer that has to cop the exchange rate hit.

If you have paid, Tony has paid. But yea, the xchange rate is a royal PITB. Good you ordered all those years ago.:rolleyes:

I got my Ortofon arm just before the xchange fall as well, which was lucky. Pity I can't install the thing - waiting on the arm disk from TW.

Do you have your Phantom yet??

If you have paid, Tony has paid. But yea, the xchange rate is a royal PITB. Good you ordered all those years ago.:rolleyes:

I got my Ortofon arm just before the xchange fall as well, which was lucky. Pity I can't install the thing - waiting on the arm disk from TW.

Do you have your Phantom yet??

I paid a 2k deposit a while ago.

Thomas was supposedly at RMAF 2008 recently so hopefully mine might get done soon when he comes back.

I'm not hopeful of getting the Phantom arm anytime soon.

new DPS / Ayre table

IMG_2192.jpg

Ahhh, 2sheds personal favourite and turntable #1 in this thread. Looks much nicer witha Schroeder Reference, though...:rolleyes:

cheers

2sheds

Ahhh, 2sheds personal favourite and turntable #1 in this thread. Looks much nicer witha Schroeder Reference, though...:rolleyes:

cheers

2sheds

Yea I wondered why Ayre wouyld put a rega arm on the dps. Do they think their power supply is that good??

• Moderators
Yea I wondered why Ayre wouyld put a rega arm on the dps. Do they think their power supply is that good??

it's funny what tonearms manufacturers prefer on their turntables. Arthur K of Funk Firm is a fan of Ittoks (probably because there's a lot of them around in UK) rather than more modern and accurate arms. maybe it has a Rega because they are so ubiquitous?

Turntable,

That particular power supply uses 3 phase power. Now I am no expert on power supplies, but I know that in the case of some PC motherboards which have 3 phase power, they do seem to be more stable and can be pushed (read overclocked) harder. Would you hear a difference? I don't know...:rolleyes:

Whilst the arm looks like a RB300, I suspect if is a dps 250 - a dps modified RB250. Still a long way from a Schroeder, but subsatntially cheaper, and you don't have to wait over 18 months for delivery....:D

cheers

2sheds

Dont think so Prof - but not really sure - to get a bit of walnut that big it would have to be darker in colour as I think its only youger walnut that is light in colour.

excuse the ignorence but whats the deal with the multiple tone arms?

1 cart for stereo ,1 cart for mono ,and different carts set a for musical taste classical,jazz,rock,tranccc etc .

Cheers

TT thats one hell of a nice block of wood - do you know what it is?
It's Flame Maple, but it looks like a veneer as there seems to be a seam near the top. A piece like that if solid in Oz would be many $ (thousands).