Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Watched Queen + Adam Lambert - Live in Rio (just a few days old). Download from YouTube and stream it to the telly. Adam Lambert does a great job singing, he's very flashy though. This time the band went for a more stripped down/power rock approach, one guitar, drums, bass and a keyboard player (not the major setup they had with Paul Rodgers), and it works really well. They do a great show of the harder 70's stuff, and concentrate on the playing. Brian May and Roger Taylor can still work their instruments like wizards, hotdamn!

From this setlist I missed '39 and Tie Your Mother Down, still it was a great performance, and the crowd at the City of Rock seemed to enjoy it as well. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing them in the Perth Arena last year, but this was good enough.

• Like 1

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks!

I have to say I see Colbert in a different light now as he asked some really good questions, not just comedy night time panel ****.

Tyson, of course, was brilliant, engaging, charming, quick-witted and insightful.

Loved it.

No probs @@Jake, thanks for giving it a bit of a speel as I should have :thumb: Agree on Colbert too.

An equally brilliant as affable chap.

I first saw him on Bill Maher's Real Time, a great clip mainly for Bill's line right at the very end..

• Like 1

Watched Ender's Game on the weekend. I thought they cut away too much of what made the book special but my wife, who hasn't read the book, enjoyed it a lot. The twist in the tale had good impact for her while the movie felt pretty rushed to me.

A real AV treat - looking forward to trying a few scenes with a bit more heat in the master volume :D

Saw everest , suitably dramatic without being ott, of course the scenery was the real star.

Saw sicario omg, what a movie, very very suspenseful , violent without being gratuitous, good acting by all and a ball tearing soundtrack

Already ordered the ost on cd and it can be had on vinyl too.

10/10

I had been waiting for  Willam H.Macy's directorial début movie Ruderless to hit out shores....seems it went straight to disc, as I saw it a JB in the new releases section last week.

I was not disappointed .....this would have to be one of the best movies I've seen it at least 5 years, it's quite a emotional roller-coaster of a movie, and one where just when you start feeling secure on knowing the full story, things are revealed that change your whole perspective on the characters relationships.

The acting is superb .

It's a Music based movie, and I loved the songs in them.....I've just been searching for the soundtrack online .....Highly recommended.

• Like 1

• Volunteer

:(

Yep, my daughter rang a while ago and said I should watch it but I didn't have time, a while later she said if you haven't started watching then don't bother it's been pulled.  :O

Don't get too attached to it, it got canned after season 1.

"Wayward Pines" was originally intended as a one-off series, and the 10 episodes can be viewed as self-contained without needing any further seasons to resolve the plot.

Watch it and enjoy.

--Geoff

Watched American Hustle on the weekend. I thought it was pretty darned good.

I have a lot more respect for Christian Bale as an actor now.

Have you seen 3:10 to Yuma, American Psycho or The Machinist ? He was pretty good in these films as well. Loved American Hustle !

Have you seen 3:10 to Yuma, American Psycho or The Machinist ? He was pretty good in these films as well. Loved American Hustle !

Christian Bale is great in everything he does IMO.

The Machinist is amazing.

:blink:

He starved himself something crazy for that role.

They had a medical team monitoring him 24/7 as they genuinely feared for his life.