Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Watched 'Alien' on bluray on the weekend. Just an exceptional film and barring the scene with the death of the Synthetic, where the high def did the makeup no favours, a visual treat.

Been a while since I watched the film and I was thinking...where do I know that damn Synthetic from...turns out he's Bilbo Baggins!

Watched 'Alien' on bluray on the weekend. Just an exceptional film and barring the scene with the death of the Synthetic, where the high def did the makeup no favours, a visual treat.

Been a while since I watched the film and I was thinking...where do I know that damn Synthetic from...turns out he's Bilbo Baggins!

I have Alien on original VHS and pull it (and the VHS player) out for a bit of grainy retro goodness every couple of years

^_^

Think I got it from a garage sale for $1

:lol:

The Goonies

The_Goonies.jpg

What a cracker of a movie! Richard Donner and Steven Spielberg, plus Sam Gamgee, young Agent K and many others! Enjoyed it last night after about 10 years not seeing it. I couldn't remember that the kids were so annoying last time I saw it! But I quite some good laughs.

• Like 3

The Goonies

The_Goonies.jpg

What a cracker of a movie! Richard Donner and Steven Spielberg, plus Sam Gamgee, young Agent K and many others! Enjoyed it last night after about 10 years not seeing it. I couldn't remember that the kids were so annoying last time I saw it! But I quite some good laughs.

Goonies is awesome.

Its an absolute classic for sure. I love watching it. I couldn't remember the start of the film that well, and it was only recently that I went to watch it again after watching prometheus to see that something looked familiar haha

• Like 1

That's the one with Bruce Willis and what'shisname... Hewitt? With Emily Blunt?

Hard to remember which Bruce Willis movie I enjoyed, like really enjoyed last, but 16 Blocks and R.E.D. come to mind. Some of his other efforts I found... not worth the effort.

That's the one with Bruce Willis and what'shisname... Hewitt? With Emily Blunt?

Hard to remember which Bruce Willis movie I enjoyed, like really enjoyed last, but 16 Blocks and R.E.D. come to mind. Some of his other efforts I found... not worth the effort.

Yah that was it :)

Had a go with Avengers: Age of Ultron last night.

Lots of action, lots of cool special effects, lots of over the top fighting by our heroes, and the odd twist in the plot that makes us followers of the series want to watch sequels. Definitively not a kids movie I found (not that I'd complain). If you liked the Marvel movies so far, give it a go, good entertainment.

Had a go with Avengers: Age of Ultron last night.

Lots of action, lots of cool special effects, lots of over the top fighting by our heroes, and the odd twist in the plot that makes us followers of the series want to watch sequels. Definitively not a kids movie I found (not that I'd complain). If you liked the Marvel movies so far, give it a go, good entertainment.

i heard on an AV Fans forum it was universally panned for having crap audio

i heard on an AV Fans forum it was universally panned for having crap audio

May be... may be not.... I streamed it the other night, and wasn't aware of any bad audio to be honest.

Then again, I discern instruments better than chaos/bombs/mayhem. I did understand when they talked though... most of the time. Something about saving the Earth?

just finished watching this

Simon-Pegg-a.k.a.-The-Famous-Cock_galler

with the world ending this Monday, i thought i would at least get a feel of what we were in for

brilliant movie, if you liked the other two

Love Simon Pegg, absolutely! First watched him with Nick Frost in Hot Fuzz, what a brilliant comedy! Was not so amazed with Shawn of the Dead, but having watched all two before, I couldn't resist The World's End, and it delivered.

Check out "Paul", with them both again, although it's a different kind of humor, more American, it's still full of funny references.

And if you have time, check out "Spaced", the series where Simon Pegg and Nick Frost among their other collaborators started out. Two series, each episode around 30 mins, well worth a look!

• Like 2

Stephen Colbert Interviews Neil deGrasse Tyson (MUST WATCH!!!)

Amazing guy :thumb:

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks!

I have to say I see Colbert in a different light now as he asked some really good questions, not just comedy night time panel ****.

Tyson, of course, was brilliant, engaging, charming, quick-witted and insightful.

Loved it.

• Like 1

I was watching the X factor.

As was I, with my daughter. Some great singers, especially the ladies.

Best performance however was from the camera man who always found a way to have the microphone shadow (which was rather phallic in shape) fall right in the middle of Danni's cleavage. They had to be doing that deliberately.

--Geoff

• Like 1