Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a trip back to a time they called the 90's   Friday arvo I just needed to unwind and grabbed "Galaxy Quest". Good Star-Trek fandom spoof with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Ric

I have a vast collection of Blurays and DVD's, a lot of which have remained unwatched for different reasons, so I have embarked on a 'check out the ignored movies' quest.  Last days off, I pulled

Really liking this on Netflix - The Kominsky Method. Great dialogue.

I watched Jupiter Ascending last night.

Lately I have been picking horrific movies and last night entrenched my reputation that little but more. The partner is close to banning me from the DVD shop, which would be even more horrific because I would be doomed to romantic/yank college comedies until the ban was lifted.

It was really bad. Some awesome moments of CGI, then overshadowed by the recent trend to have waaay too much happening at once, at a speed too quick to hope to take in, all with a plot penned by an 8 yr old. Sooooooooo BLAND.

Really avoid. Don't say you weren't warned. Was amazed at the lack of an unfurling yank flag anywhere.

It is very hard to find a good movie at the moment.

Tried Dracula Untold as well, last week. Not too bad but not a patch on other versions, Bram Stoker etc.

• Like 1

I was in a situation similar to yourself not too long ago Daz so I enlisted the help of Flixster on my mobile. If there was a movie night coming up a quick squiz at the reviews would narrow down the options and weed out some duds. If we're out shopping together i can discretely check out her suggestions there and then. Jupiter Ascending has been canned by all and sundry so wouldn't have got a look in. It's not foolproof though, take "Locke" for example, was picked by myself and was absolute dross

• Like 1

Lately I have been picking horrific movies and last night entrenched my reputation that little but more. The partner is close to banning me from the DVD shop, which would be even more horrific because I would be doomed to romantic/yank college comedies until the ban was lifted.

It was really bad. Some awesome moments of CGI, then overshadowed by the recent trend to have waaay too much happening at once, at a speed too quick to hope to take in, all with a plot penned by an 8 yr old. Sooooooooo BLAND.

Really avoid. Don't say you weren't warned. Was amazed at the lack of an unfurling yank flag anywhere.

Tried Dracula Untold as well, last week. Not too bad but not a patch on other versions, Bram Stoker etc.

What were you thinking man??   :)

"Don't say you weren't warned."  You hadn't already read any/all of the hate for this.. Wachowski's unending fall from awesomeness?

Dracula Untold?

Bloody hell man, I think the banning is a good thing ;)

(Avatar is awesome)

Edited by likwidsh0k
  • Like 1

I liked it!

:)

But then I'll watch a show about stain removing.. if it has Mila in it :unsure:

Edit: i spelled it wrong, and was meaning Mila Kunis :love

:lol:

Edited by ortofun

Bit early in the day, but its Milla time..

0_ab1af_ccb70430_XL-800x500.jpg

Geez!

My mistake, only one "L"

post-105164-0-35661600-1435282742_thumb.

Edited by ortofun

:lol:

+1 for Book of Eli, similar looking but more industrial with Gary Oldman, a young Angelina Jolie looking Mila Kunis and another great corresponding soundtrack by Atticus Ross of Social Network with Reznor fame.

Frosty.jpg

@@Jone5y , I loved Locke!

You might ban me as well! haha!

I tend to go for quirky. Loved Frank as well, partner labelled it the worst movie she had ever seen.

Thanks fir the Flixster heads up, very cunning plan my man!!! I have loaded the app but you might have to teach me how to discreetly check it. I don't usually do discreet. :D

Edited by Darren69

@@likwidsh0k

Have you heard her talking in Russian?

I heard her dress down some journalists in an interview in her native language, oh so sexy!

Edited by ortofun

@@likwidsh0k

Have you heard her talking in Russian?

I heard her dress down some journalists in an interview in her native language, oh so sexy!

Talking Russian.. with her dress down.. 

youtube link please? ;)

Nah, I haven't heard her speaking in her native tongue, but will keep an ear out, that's for sure!

Talking Russian.. with her dress down.. 

youtube link please? ;)

Nah, I haven't heard her speaking in her native tongue, but will keep an ear out, that's for sure!

@@Jone5y , I loved Locke!

You might ban me as well! haha!

I tend to go for quirky. Loved Frank as well, partner labelled it the worst movie she had ever seen.

Thanks fir the Flixster heads up, very cunning plan my man!!! I have loaded the app but you might have to teach me how to discreetly check it. I don't usually do discreet. :D

I really enjoyed Frank. Fassbender was terrific in this role

I watched 'The selfish giant' the other night. Not sure if its been mentioned but highly recomended.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Bit early in the day, but its Milla time..

0_ab1af_ccb70430_XL-800x500.jpg

Just needed to repeat this pic just once more

• Like 1

How???

I just pasted that link into the post :unsure:

Maybe it didn't show as you had a different link preceding it in the post you made, but that's just a guess.

Just needed to repeat this pic just once more

1. MV5BODQyNTQyNzY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg5 Mila Kunis Actress, Black Swan The talented Milena "Mila" Markovna Kunis was born to a Jewish family in Chernivtsi, Ukraine, USSR (now independent Ukraine). Her mother, Elvira, is a physics teacher, her father, Mark Kunis, is a mechanical engineer, and she has an older brother named Michael. After attending one semester of college between gigs... 2. MV5BNzA1Nzc4NjYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA2 Milla Jovovich Actress, The Fifth Element Milla Jovovich is an Ukrainian-born actress, supermodel, fashion designer, singer and public figure, who was on the cover of more than a hundred magazines, and starred in such films as The Fifth Element, Ultraviolet, and the Resident Evil franchise. She was born Milica Natasha Jovovich on December 17... 3. MV5BMTkyMzIwMjY1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA3 Olga Kurylenko Actress, Quantum of Solace Olga Kurylenko, a Ukrainian-born actress and model, went from sharing a cramped flat with her aunt, uncle, grandparents and cousin to starring as a Bond girl opposite Daniel Craig. She was born Olga Konstantinovna Kurylenko on November 14, 1979, in Berdyansk, Ukraine, Soviet Union. Her mother, Marina Alyabysheva...

Must be something in the water?

sauce: http://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_place=Ukraine,+USSR&

@@likwidsh0k

We need to import some of that water :lol:

The key marketability of our new babe in a bottle line of Genuine Ukrainin Imported H20 Beverages will be how quickly our product works?

Requiring it be taken from birth, it won't happen overnight but it will happen, or overnight?

:D

Watching High Fidelity.

I had only watched the first 10 mn' or so previously :)

Only negative is it is giving me record collection envy :rolleyes:

Another Cusack gem is Grosse Point Blank, and talking martial arts, I really didn't buy him in the role till the pen fight scene, then read afterwards he is quite adept.

Another Cusack gem is Grosse Point Blank, and talking martial arts, I really didn't buy him in the role till the pen fight scene, then read afterwards he is quite adept.

i don't think I have seen that, i might look it up.

Hah! MA in the movies, most are never done convincingly, that's why I liked The Raid! it was done well........and that it was generic Silat ;)

i don't think I have seen that, i might look it up.

Hah! MA in the movies, most are never done convincingly, that's why I liked The Raid! it was done well........and that it was generic Silat ;)

Have you seen Ong Bak?

Have you seen Ong Bak?

Yes, have watch three, and only liked the first.

Tony Jaa is a talented fellow, and the fight scenes were convincing, in fact those guys that were elbowed in the hear ect' were wearing protective scull caps under beanies and such.

Yes, have watch three, and only liked the first.

Tony Jaa is a talented fellow, and the fight scenes were convincing, in fact those guys that were elbowed in the hear ect' were wearing protective scull caps under beanies and such.

Cool :thumb: Yeah very talented fellow indeed, and great fight scenes, I never bothered with the other two.

Another one, at the opposite end of the spectrum, chock full of CGI / wire work weirdness is Kung Fu Hustle..

I'm 44 and hearing this again even now I want to start a band..

I'm 44 and talking MA again even now I want to start training again :)

Pick up where I left off at yellow with red tips lol, oh yeah, and pik pok pak goucha haha

Cool :thumb: Yeah very talented fellow indeed, and great fight scenes, I never bothered with the other two.

Another one, at the opposite end of the spectrum, chock full of CGI / wire work weirdness is Kung Fu Hustle..

I'm 44 and talking MA again even now I want to start training again :)

Pick up where I left off at yellow with red tips lol, oh yeah, and pik pok pak goucha haha

Meh...wire work is fun to watch in the likes of movies of the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon kind, but often silly in may movies from my view :)

"pik pok pak goucha" :lol:

44?

i have seen guys restart at an age like that, at 54 and the bad foot I have now stopped thinking of doing anything apart from attempting to gain 5% back of the fitness I once had :rolleyes:

Meh...wire work is fun to watch in the likes of movies of the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon kind, but often silly in may movies from my view :)

"pik pok pak goucha" :lol:

44?

i have seen guys restart at an age like that, at 54 and the bad foot I have now stopped thinking of doing anything apart from attempting to gain 5% back of the fitness I once had :rolleyes:

Also great in Hero, but Kung Fu Hustle is more comedy, and silliness abounds in just the right measure, definitely worth a look :thumb:

That's not a legit Kata? He told us Tripitaka swears by it :)

Yeah a very, very unfit 44. 5% is optimistic for me lol

Also great in Hero, but Kung Fu Hustle is more comedy, and silliness abounds in just the right measure, definitely worth a look :thumb:

That's not a legit Kata? He told us Tripitaka swears by it :)

Yeah a very, very unfit 44. 5% is optimistic for me lol

Buggered if I know :lol:

Just watched first episode of a French mini series - English translation The Returned - about dead children that come back to life - was re highly recommended to me - loved the first episode :-) available on Apple TV

Edited by andythiing

Just watched first episode of a French mini series - English translation The Returned - about dead children that come back to life - was re highly recommended to me - loved the first episode :-) available on Apple TV

Those kind of shows freak me out too much!

The dead should stay dead, unless It's a Resident Evil movie ;)

Seen recently

Minions - struggles to keep your attention, but very funny in parts. But I wonder who its target audience is as it strikes me as to adult for kids and too kiddy for adults, however the other side of he coin is there's something for everyone .if you do go , .ake sure you watch through the credits.

Ted2, cliched and predictable in parts, but again very funny in parts , some funny cultural references, and Wahlberg and Rogen do well together, scenes at comic on are funny. Some odd cameos and referring to Siegfrieds character to gollum is classic