Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a trip back to a time they called the 90's   Friday arvo I just needed to unwind and grabbed "Galaxy Quest". Good Star-Trek fandom spoof with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Ric

I have a vast collection of Blurays and DVD's, a lot of which have remained unwatched for different reasons, so I have embarked on a 'check out the ignored movies' quest.  Last days off, I pulled

Really liking this on Netflix - The Kominsky Method. Great dialogue.

Just completed my Breaking Bad binge watch: the complete series over the last two weeks. 

Brilliant telly.

Now for The Walking Dead ...

--Geoff

• Like 2

Just completed my Breaking Bad binge watch: the complete series over the last two weeks. 

Brilliant telly.

Now for The Walking Dead ...

--Geoff

I love binge watching too, but all 5 seasons, in two weeks, hats off to you Geoff, that is impressive :P:thumb:

Agree essential TV, absolutely brilliant!

Have you watched The Wire?

Early Dexter before it went to shite was the same, just one more ep, **** its 2am, just one more..

I love binge watching too, but all 5 seasons, in two weeks, hats off to you Geoff, that is impressive :P:thumb:

Agree essential TV, absolutely brilliant!

Have you watched The Wire?

Early Dexter before it went to shite was the same, just one more ep, **** its 2am, just one more..

Binge watching FTW!

Love it when it creeps in to your dreams as well.

:lol:

I had a few Breaking Bad dreams while we binged that...

:blink:

Does anyone remember anything from watching Good Game?

Other than Hex (who, for the record, is way too young for all of us :lol: )

;)

Hex too young?

Still lovely.....and cool too :)

Apparently pretty good with a bow.

post-105164-0-95029600-1429082926_thumb.post-105164-0-47011100-1429082918_thumb.

Edited by ortofun

Bring back Peanuts and Kapowski and Junglist

We can help with the Peanuts as we have too many up this way, but the others I'm not sure about :blink:

We can help with the Peanuts as we have too many up this way, but the others I'm not sure about :blink:

Peanuts was a stuffed yellow monkey in the first series of Good Game that got voted off the show by the viewers. :(

Kapowski partnered Junglist ((both human) in the first series but was then replaced by Bajo. :(

Finally Junglist himself was booted out in favour of Hex :(

Boycotted it ever since :wacko:

Peanuts was a stuffed yellow monkey in the first series of Good Game that got voted off the show by the viewers. :(

Kapowski partnered Junglist ((both human) in the first series but was then replaced by Bajo. :(

Finally Junglist himself was booted out in favour of Hex :(

Boycotted it ever since :wacko:

I was opposite to this, I didn't like the previous hosts :cool:

Hex too young?

Still lovely.....and cool too :)

Apparently pretty good with a bow.

attachicon.gifstephanie-bendixsen-hex-444038.jpgattachicon.giftumblr_loxn57hs4c1ql843so1_500.png

All this teasing is giving me a nerd on.

Hmm.. pics links are dead links? Never clicked on them before, posted issue here - pic links in quotes are broken links?

Edited by likwidsh0k
  • Like 1

Downfall starring Bruno Ganz.Tonight SBS

It is a great movie but Hitler was not too pleased that it is getting ripped off so much. Something about copyright

It is a great movie but Hitler was not too pleased that it is getting ripped off so much. Something about copyright

Apparently the director of the movie thought all the parodies were hilarious and has watched most of them.

The weren't too worried about the copyright issue as people were just using that scene and the other, shorter one where he shouts "Fegelein".

99% of people making those spoof videos probably haven't seen the actual movie.

Many people struggle to watch movies and read subtitles at the same time.........

@@Dirty_vinylpusher

I only hate the ones where they virtually flash the subs up on the screen, you need to pause the movie to read them!

Oh, and where it is action where if you are reading the subs you are missing the visual parts :wacko:

@@Dirty_vinylpusher

I only hate the ones where they virtually flash the subs up on the screen, you need to pause the movie to read them!

Oh, and where it is action where if you are reading the subs you are missing the visual parts :wacko:

Guess I'm more used to it as I grew up in a non-English speaking country that doesn't dub movies (other than cartoons)

:)

Yup

Guess I'm more used to it as I grew up in a non-English speaking country that doesn't dub movies (other than cartoons)

Yup, you would be better at languages than I also, I have trouble with English!

Still..... :lol:

99% of people making those spoof videos probably haven't seen the actual movie.

Many people struggle to watch movies and read subtitles at the same time.........

Hi

Watched it again the other night, on SBS, interesting seeing how the depiction of eventual loss effect was depicted by the makers ....

JJ 

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Queensland?

• Like 1

Mrs Ray is taking Swedish classes at the moment.

Do you have any words for me to surprise her with.

I don't wanna sound like the Swedish chef from the muppets anymore

Edited by Tony ray

What kind of words? :ph34r:

Although they probably wouldn't teach them those words in class..... :unsure:

Ok, you could tell her you love her.

"Jag älskar dej"

Jag = soft "J" like in "yo" - long "a" like in "lard" - and the "g" is kinda like with a silent "h" at the end.

Almost like a "k". But not

...hard to explain in writing :lol:

"Älskar" = "äl" like in "hell" (without the "h") - "skar" with a short "a" like in "curry"

"Dej" = day

Very hard to put in writing as the pronounciation of vowels is so different and near on impossible for non-scandinavians to get right.

Much like the German and Dutch vowels that take twists and turns that English speaking people just don't "get"

Good luck!

I love you Mrs say said I was trying to say 

Its making my tongue hurt sayin alskday

Edited by Tony ray

Yup

Yup, you would be better at languages than I also, I have trouble with English!

Still..... :lol:

English - 9 years at school, but I always had the "knack" for it anyway.

Learnt a lot from watching movies and listening to music as well.

German - 6 years - it's mostly gone though as I never use it.

Maybe if I went and lived in Germany it would come back and I'd pick it up as I went.

Spanish - 3 years.

Latin - 3 years.

Latin is interesting and useful if you have an ear for languages as you can make connections to words in other languages.

I found myself understanding Dutch a fair bit when living in Holland based on my Latin and German knowledge and even a lot of words are similar (-ish) to Swedish even if they're used in a slightly different context.

I always knew what people were talking about and could get the gist of newspaper articles etc.

And read signs.

Its making my tongue hurt sayin alskday

Write it on a piece of paper and pass it to her

^_^

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

She wants to travel to Sweden and visit relatives she has not met. And she wants to take me and the kids.

Im a bit scared after seeing the girl with the dragon tattoo series. :(