Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a trip back to a time they called the 90's   Friday arvo I just needed to unwind and grabbed "Galaxy Quest". Good Star-Trek fandom spoof with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Ric

I have a vast collection of Blurays and DVD's, a lot of which have remained unwatched for different reasons, so I have embarked on a 'check out the ignored movies' quest.  Last days off, I pulled

Really liking this on Netflix - The Kominsky Method. Great dialogue.

Like a soldier I am valiantly trudging my way through the jumbled mess of shite that is called Game of Thrones. Currently S0202.

Pretty sure something actually happens midway through season two.

And there's a battle.

I think.

Zzzzzzz

Exhausted from a big weekend we found ourselves channel surfing last night and came across this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3514324/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Oh my god :lol:

It was bad.

So bad.

A bunch of super intelligent "nerds" (Lockpicker, hacker, maths genius and whatever else) join forces with homeland security and do whatever needs to be done to save the day.

The first episode would have been better as a Nicholas Cage movie.

:lol:

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

I finished "The Woman In Black", wow there were some scary scenes in that film. The howling from the Woman in Black is freaky as. 8.5 out of 10 for me :)

Meh.

It was ok.

Too many jump scares for my liking though.

Not a fan of those, they usually don't scare me as such and are for the most part predictable.

I prefer an "unsettling" horror movie to one with white faces appearing with layered scream noises.

I'll never be able to take Harry Potter dude seriously either I reckon.

Unfortunately.

He's not a bad actor.

:)

Meh.

It was ok.

Too many jump scares for my liking though.

Not a fan of those, they usually don't scare me as such and are for the most part predictable.

I prefer an "unsettling" horror movie to one with white faces appearing with layered scream noises.

I'll never be able to take Harry Potter dude seriously either I reckon.

Unfortunately.

He's not a bad actor.

Yeah to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect when seeing it. I am sure it would be hard to play other roles when everyone knows him so well. I kept thinking "if the rooms so dark, why doesn't he just cast a Lumos Maxima spell" hehe

I think I was looking for a movie with those jump scares lol. The bass shakers made the experience even more scary doh!

Any recommendations for a similarly themed Ghost/super natural or scifi horror film?

I'm looking for something along the line of The creepiness of Sixth Sense and The Haunting with the impact of Event Horizon. While i'll watch if necessary, I don't really like too gory films.

I've only ever watched the Excorist once, saw it on a 19" computer screen using PowerDVD and the internal dvd player on a computer about 12 years ago lol

EDIT: Also watched Elysium last night and Guardians of The Galaxy at the theater on friday. Both fantastic films

Edited by aad_ht

Any recommendations for a similarly themed Ghost/super natural or scifi horror film?

Off the top of my head....

Sinister

The Conjuring

A Tale Of Two Sisters (Korean version, not seen the remake)

Mirrors (only seen Hollywood version but there is an Asian original which I have yet to see and suspect to be better)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah.. wow how have you guys not heard of Lifeforce..

:confused:

And the usual suspects, The Fly, Event Horizon, maybe Scanners though the trailer, video cover and opening scene trumps the entire movie.

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah.. wow how have you guys not heard of Lifeforce..

:confused:

And the usual suspects, The Fly, Event Horizon, maybe Scanners though the trailer, video cover and opening scene trumps the entire movie.

There is so much i've missed out on ahha. Looking forward to checking it out. Whats the pace like in the film? 

Well the footy and AFL 360 is over for another year... time to get back into the Bluray TV series/movie bandwagon... and cancel my foxtel sports package.

Hi 

The original Ring ( Ringu ), Japanese version, not the crappy Naomi Watts American remake and a teaser

JJ

• Like 1

Ring 0: Birthday is my favourite of the Japanese "Ring" movies.

Very slow burning and more of a drama than horror for the most part.

The girl who plays Sadako is gorgeous in every aspect.

Saw the end of The Exorcism of Emily Rose. The barn scene as mentioned by others here was "confronting" to say the least. Scarier knowing it was based on a true story too.

The letter that was read out in court, was that the actual letter the real Emily Rose wrote at the last stages?

I saw The Sixth Sense again last night. Wow you pick up so much more the second time round. what a beautifully crafted film. I do wish it was longer and showed a bigger variety of ghosts. 

Has anyone seen Thir13en Ghosts? Although the reviews aren't that great, I really liked the whole theme. Sorta reminded me a bit of The Cabin In the woods.

Edited by aad_ht

Watched "Now you see me" last night.

Seemed interesting enough from reading the plot outline briefly and had a good cast and well paced etc.

Lame twist ending.

A good twist ending makes you go "wow that's so cool and everything makes sense now".

This one was just "WTF? THAT was the reason for everything that happened?" And it really made no sense at all, nor did it make the movie better.

In fact it dragged everyting that had happened up until that point down with it and just left me feeling (and probably looking) like this -> :mellow:

It also pushed the boundaries a bit too far in to sci-fi territory and the whole scenario was more or less impossible from a logistics and planning/execution point of view.

Nothing wrong with suspension of disbelief and all that, but with this I felt the movie broke out of its own universe in a way.

A movie like Shoot Em Up, for example is goofy and unrealistic from the start, and that's fine.

With this, they kept explaining a lot of the WTF moments, but it still didn't make up for a lot of other ones being too far fetched.

Meh.

RARE-POSTER-NOW-YOU-SEE-ME.jpg

Watched 2 blu-rays at home recently on the big screen

Belle

Drama set at the end of the 18th century in England, when England was the world leader in slavery.

Based on a true story

Reasonable doubt

An enjoyable edge of the seat current drama, 'bout an up and coming lawyer who makes a coupla imperfect decisions & things play out accordingly

The wife & I enjoyed both these films

Killer Joe. - directed by William Friedkin. - came out in 2012 and quite a confronting disturbing movie.  

Stars Mathew McConaughey who plays a sadistic cop who moonlights as a killer for hire. Revolves around a complete trailor trash screwed up family. Somewhat hard to watch, but you can't stop watching it.

http://screenrant.com/killer-joe-movie-reviews/

killerjoe_loc.jpg

Edited by metal beat

Yeah to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect when seeing it. I am sure it would be hard to play other roles when everyone knows him so well. I kept thinking "if the rooms so dark, why doesn't he just cast a Lumos Maxima spell" hehe

I think I was looking for a movie with those jump scares lol. The bass shakers made the experience even more scary doh!

I'm looking for something along the line of The creepiness of Sixth Sense and The Haunting with the impact of Event Horizon. While i'll watch if necessary, I don't really like too gory films.

I've only ever watched the Excorist once, saw it on a 19" computer screen using PowerDVD and the internal dvd player on a computer about 12 years ago lol

EDIT: Also watched Elysium last night and Guardians of The Galaxy at the theater on friday. Both fantastic films

Mate ,

I would recommend The exorcism of emily rose , Shutter ( Korean version ).

Mate ,

I would recommend The exorcism of emily rose , Shutter ( Korean version ).

Thanks for the recommendation. it was a great one indeed. I was lucky enough to watch the exorcism of emily rose last week it was very freaky indeed. I have not yet seen Shutter (Korean Version) yet. It looks very nice from the google search. Will be sure to check it out thanks :)

Thanks for the recommendation. it was a great one indeed. I was lucky enough to watch the exorcism of emily rose last week it was very freaky indeed. I have not yet seen Shutter (Korean Version) yet. It looks very nice from the google search. Will be sure to check it out thanks :)

Sorry Mate ,

It's not korean...It's Thai Movie. They make some good horror movies.

Edited by gillmaverick

Sorry Mate ,

It's not korean...It's Thai Movie. They make some good horror movies.

Oh thats alright I will be sure to check it out. Thanks :)

I watched Zero Therom last night. I loved the story but I did find the ending a bit hard to understand, felt it finished a bit early and wanted to learn more about "Management".

Just watched "Ender's Game"

Ugh

Four words

Harry Potter In Space

:mellow:

One of the biggest disappointments I've had this year. A friend whose judgement I usually rate put this as his favourite movie EVER... I think he might of been :hiccup :hiccup :hiccup

• Like 1

Seriously.

NOTHING HAPPENED

:mellow:

SPOILERS BELOW

A whiny little kid beats up a couple of bullies, gets all sooky about it, cliche drill seargent, stereotype latino kid, grumpy Harrison Ford (retire already FFS), aliens (apparently) and a "Maori" Ben Kingsley who sounded more Aussie/South African/Cockney than Kiwi.

And then he saves the alien cocoon thing and goes off travelling the universe to find a suitable planet for it to repopulate?

:lol:

He was kinda right though.

They attacked (or did they?) ONCE 50 years ago and then the humans spend gazillions of $$$ to find them in space and wipe them out.

Nah.

Fail.